Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What is something that you want to learn?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 19:39:18 )
For me I want to learn how to do taxes. I understand a little of it since I’ve filed before but I don’t feel like I know enough.

What would you like to learn or be better at?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 19:46:03 )

I’m trying to learn about computer science. I’m taking an advanced Linux class right now and it’s hard but I’m getting through it. I think I would like to be a Linux admin but I have a bit of a ways to go. I was going to do python but my teacher really sucked so now I just feel very frustrated with it.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 19:59:37 )

I still wanne learn how to code wordpress layouts. But then I need to actualy stop being lazy. I know a bit about php but not a whole lot.

And learn how to digital draw. But as long as I have no space for my drawing tablet :(

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 20:01:30 )

@Hazer: thank you. He was super awful. I knew that it was a starter language so I took python 101 and the teacher didn’t teach, he was a smart ass whenever people tried to ask a question. Like yeah we don’t know the basic shit because this is the 101 class. We know nothing! The book was basically just vocab for python with little to know examples and the homework questions were written by grad students. Like I’m a smart cookie and that class just had me in tears from the frustration.
I was learning it all from code academy. That’s a pretty good resource. I should use YouTube more. I gave used it for Unix and I learned pretty well from it.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 20:02:42 )

@vengeance: you can do it! Then once you learn it you can add it to your resume~

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 20:07:06 )

@Totalanimefan: I remember trying to make a php contact form. And it drove me insane because I couldn't get it to work. I wanted a form where some answers where required. And either it sended the form while not everything was answered or he gave me an error.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 20:11:34 )

@vengeance: ugh that’s super frustrating. :(

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 20:15:35 )

@Totalanimefan: Tell me. I once took a "how to code a game in flash cource". All the guy who was teaching it did was gave us a piece of code each time to put into flash. And then in the end you had a working code. Guess what? I had put in every single code we had to and my game did not work. The person next to me did get it to work.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 20:19:43 )

@vengeance: lol that didn’t really teach you much then did it.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 20:20:47 )

@Hazer: thank you very much. I remember you extending the offer at the beginning of last semester too. I dropped that class right after Halloween. It was too much and I felt like I wasn’t learning anything.
And yes. He was absolutely awful.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 20:23:45 )
We’ll carry on

I want to learn anarchy archery better.
I will probably buy a bow and arrows some time this year and start shooting things

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 20:27:56 )

@Totalanimefan: No it didn't at all.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 20:29:22 )

I'd like to re-learn how to read music and pick up a musical instrument... any really but I bet a stringed instrument would be fun.

I'd also like to learn another language. I've tried several times but it's hard to keep up on practice so I always end up forgetting most of what I've learned.

I am actively trying to learn tarot, but I've never been great at memorization so it's a slow process getting used to all the card meanings.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 21:01:40 )

@koneko: Look up Labyrinthos Academy. They have a couple of free apps to help you learn the card meanings. One is like a flash card thing where you pick the basic meaning of the card and do practice readings. The other is more like a virtual deck so you can do different readings and it will help explain what each card means. It also has a daily card for you so it helps make sure you get a little exposure every day.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 21:44:33 )
@Priestess of Pie: The hardest thing about learning a new skill is remembering it.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 22:14:05 )
Pixel art! I've always dug it, I just didn't understand how it worked. I have a program on my phone that's been helpful in learning!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 22:17:36 )

@Onyx Popcorn: The tutorials by mortmort on Youtube are pretty informative. I learned a lot about picking colors from one of his videos.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 22:24:50 )
I really want to learn a second language! I've always been interested in Russian but there's little practical use for that... except now, I guess, because my company is largely Russian. But then I'd feel like I'm sucking up to upper management haha.

American Sign Language is another but again.. no practical use, at least in my circle. It would be handy but I so rarely meet somebody who would be able to sign. D:
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 22:25:54 )
@Priestess of Pie: Thanks! I might check those out. :3
I have many issues, gender things among them
I also have a ballet obsession and an unhealthy interest in Sonic the Hedgehog games. Take as you will, haha!
@ me, yo!

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 22:33:19 )
I’ve been pondering lots of things lately.

I want to get back into learning to sign. It’s been on my mind a lot lately. I started to a long time ago, and never got last a certain point. With the internet, it would be probably be easier to learn, due to places like Youtube where you can actually watch the person doing it.
I would want someone to learn it with me, though, so we could practice. Problem is, all of my super good friends live in other countries, which usually have their own regional variations of it. XDD;;

I also wonder what ballroom dancing would be like. I signed up for a class here, but my schedule conflicted as always, and I wasn’t able to go, which made me sad. Again, though, it kind of sucks living in the forest with no one to dance with. XDD;;
Inb4 dance with a bear

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.