Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Chat with Sae

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 18:45:07 )

@Unicorn: yeah probably not sometime soon but its gonna come eventually. :vanora_smile:

@Tuijp: You'd need Balrog bouncers to keep him in.

@Lithium: Thank you!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 19:32:58 )
@Saeyra: well you or another voltie can ping me when it does come back
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 20:55:42 )
We’ll carry on

@Saeyra: that can be arranged <.< >.>

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 03:43:29 )

❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️

@Saeyra: Glad you are better, seems like you gave it away~ I hope he gets well soon!
Ah, well it has been awhile since I have seen Mr.Fox, but I am glad you liked it. Haven't managed to see Isle of Dogs, but from the snippets I have seen I can see where you are coming from. Oooo Croatia....wow are you a native of the place or just living there? If you don't mind me asking >.<
I wanted to vacation there....I heard the people were really nice and it was a rather laid back place....is it true?

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 03:56:04 )

@Alyssya: Nah, I moved here when I married. My hubby was born here. I am from the Philippines originally. Yeah the beaches here are pretty awesome. The water is clear and the sand is clean.
The people here are also really used to tourists, around the sea they can speak 4 or more languages fluently so they can communicate with their guests. And yeah they are super laidback and friendly. If you are staying with someone you know, their family will feed you until you can't eat anymore haha. Its a super relaxing place to vacation. We have castles too and nature parks if you are into hiking.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 05:10:38 )

❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️

@Saeyra: Ooo wow, sounds like a hidden gem of a place. Officially putting traveling there on my bucket list. I love castles!! Hiking is fun...but I am pretty lazy about it....I walk really slow if I have a choice about it. I walk the slowest in my family unless I am out walking with purpose....that is really rare tho. Can say I have never lived on an island...was supposed to but it didn't work out that way.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 05:29:07 )

@Alyssya: Pretty much every country in Europe has castles, some bigger, some smaller, some well kept and others in ruins. They are all still really pretty sights though. I might change your mind about hiking.
This is plitvice national park. Its a natural wonder of 16 lakes and like a gajillion waterfalls. If you do come you can't miss this.

The path is nice and easy to walk because its all built up.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 20:08:41 )

@Saeyra:🤩 That looks amazing, it is very pretty. Can you touch the water? I know it sounds a little strange but I have been a few places where they asked us not to stick our extremities in XD. I got to see a few castles...but not many up close only like two....the rest were from boats and were in ruins. It was a fun time. It must be really cool to have a park like that near you tho.
All that green....but the I would wonder about my allergies XD. When is a good time to visit?

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 22:08:47 )

@Alyssya: I think touching the water is fine as long as you don't swim, or throw your food or garbage in. Considering how many people walk through there I am actually surprised how clean it is.

Summer is a good time to go to the beaches buuuut it gets kinda crowded in the famous spots like this park. There are long lines and the tickets price also gets really expensive to get in. In the colder months its pretty awesome, cheap tickets and less crowds but the downside is the beaches are cold.

This is how it looks like in winter if you get lucky and it snows abit.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 23:36:34 )

@Saeyra: Would want to visit in the fall for sure. I do love the snow but dislike flying in winter. I live near a beach...honestly not much of a beach girl....maybe that will change when I get more free time. Thanks for sharing such lovely photos. ^__^
Do you have a favorite spot to visit?

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 00:35:55 )

@Alyssya: hmm its hard to choose a favorite spot. There is this castle called Trakoscan that's situated in the most ideal location, right next to a lake and on top of a hill. The inside has been turned into a museum, some of the furniture is still the original stuff from the people who lived there. It is super well maintained.

I always go visit cathedrals when I can because they are always so majestic. This is the Zagreb Cathedral.

Đakovo Cathedral

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 00:56:51 )

@Saeyra: Wow that first one is straight out of a fairy tale...it is so majestic! And the cathedrals are also really lovely. Wants to go read children's fairytales now XD I love going to museums, been awhile since I have been in one tho...will have to make an effort to find a new one next month. What is the food culture like there?

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 01:58:42 )

@Alyssya: Yeah, when I started travelling around Europe fairytales started making more sense haha.

Foodwise the Croatians really like their meat but there is a distinct difference how people at the coastline eat and how people farther inland eat. The people at the coast eat a Mediterranean diet which is super healthy like seafood with olive oil and drink wine. The ones inland eat fast food like kebabs, burgers, fries, pizza etc. We do however have alot of bakeries where people sell alot of freshly baked bread and cakes, which is probably a slightly healthier alternative.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 04:19:55 )

@Saeyra: Ah, I see....I love going to bakeries in the morning! Fresh bread is the best ^^ Thanks for sharing all the information, it's got me really interested now. How are you doing today?

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 04:46:19 )

@Alyssya: Doing good My house is sickness free. Cooked some fresh meals and had a nice warm shower. How about you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 04:37:33 )

@Saeyra: I am alright...procrastinating tho. Should be paying more attention to my biology homework....just isn't interesting at the moment. But I had a nice strong cup of coffee so I am hoping that I can work late into the wee hours of the morning very slowly XD

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 10:52:50 )

@Alyssya: Yeah its really hard to stay focused during winter. Gotta resist the urge to yawn all the time. Especially if where you are is warm and comfortable haha

Donator — What The- Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 18:25:07 )
happy (late ) birthday~ > v < )/
The Legendary Frump Moff, Artist For Hire, check my artpage!
My artpage!

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 20:21:16 )

Ah, I am a week late. Apologies for the delay, but I did want to wish you a very happy Voltra-versary.
Perhaps a poem would suffice?

A swipe of her artistic device,
letting nothing mediocre suffice.
A calm hand and a calm mind.
Bringing forth creations of all kind.
May we celebrate your start at home,
tracking where your endeavours roam.
Thank you for filling Voltra with colorful bliss,
sharing thy skill with us, like a talents kiss.
On behalf of us all, happy birthday.
Our beloved Sae.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 20:53:59 )

@TheArtOfTheFart: Thanks man! Its okay, I consider the whole of January to be my month muahahaha!!

@Vontell: Aww thank you! That's such a lovely and heartfelt poem! It is an honor to be working as staff with all of you. I hope we make many more beautiful stories together.

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.