Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I hate packing

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 18:24:58 )
for a trip, moving, etc...
which is why i always leave it to the last minute aka the morning of or at 3am the night before

the night before I moved out for university I uhhh ended up in the ER and still had to pack when I got home HAHA

are you a light or heavy packer? do you procrastinate as much as I do im definitely not making this thread to further procrastinate

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 18:27:26 )
I try to get as much as I can done as soon as I can.

I just thank God I have no plans to cosplay if I go to Otakon this year. I can put more stuff in my suitcase and keep my backpack light.

I hope.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 18:32:07 )
I keep things organized and am consistent with what I take so last second packing is a simple affair for me. Mother is the one who panics and has a mess in her bag or bags, usually plural. Father has clothes set aside just for traveling, packed away and always ready to go.
I suppose I would be in the middle. Mother is certainly a heavy packer, and Father is the light.
Item QuestHangoutSales

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 18:49:22 )

Ummm, I probably lean more on the heavy side of packing (not because I want to, but just want to be prepared in case anything happens involving clothes, lol)
And this definitely isn't something I procrastinate on because trips are stressful to begin with, imo, so everything has to be done early x)

pls don't

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 19:46:47 )
I'm a heavy packer because I'm a heavy panic-er. haha

*packs 12 pairs of underwear for a 2 day trip*

You

just

never

know
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 20:05:23 )
Mousy you're scaring me but it's too late now
I accept my fate

ya'll make me feel bad for procrastinating tho HAHA it's nice to know that at least some people have their lives together
I typically make a list of the bare minimum and pack accordingly, so last minute isn't too bad for me assuming that nothing goes... horribly wrong.........

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 20:35:22 )
I always get super grumpy about packing and I wait last minute and halfass it, every time, without fail

and always regret it

and never learn....

also I hate traveling. I like going places but I hate the act itself... rip good luck.

young dumb and full of crumbs

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 20:54:24 )

I go to conventions often so I have a premade packing checklist for traveling. I wouldn’t say I pack heavy but I do pack prepared.Costumes take up a lot of room though.

Moving is a different story though. I always try to be organized when I start but by the end I am just shoveling things into boxes. ( ̄ー ̄;

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 07:34:25 )
I do last-minute packing...a lot;;
And you know what happens when you procrastinate. All functions go down and panic-mode begins.
I start to bring unnecessary stuff and I forget to bring the most important things.

I'm not that good at travelling. xD

Why'd you end up in the ER?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 09:55:59 )
Welcome fellow procrastinators
So far I haven't regretted anything but we'll see......
I don't travel very often but I agree it's a PAIN.

@Kurohon: I still don't really know haha
I got a flu shot and then passed out in the middle of the parking lot (didn't even make it to the car smh....)
I was 18 at the time but tbh probably looked like I was 14. The people that saw me fall over were concerned....
But I was fine the next day? I'll never know what happened but im always wary of getting the flu shot now bc im afraid it'll happen again haha

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 12:55:48 )
@Hachi: Talk about a freaky experience. That's really scary and weird.
Ping me if you want a reply! I like getting pings

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 16:04:29 )

@Hachi: Yikes, that's really scary. I'm glad people were nice enough to help you instead of rob you. ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 19:38:18 )
I usually forget at least one thing when I pack for a trip. I'll be half way through and remember haha. Unpacking is the worst tbh

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 19:45:06 )

Stop procrastinating an go pack! lol
I like to make sure I have everything packed the night before so I don't forget anything.
Though I still usually do forget something anyways, so. -shrugs-
[367/500]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.