Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2018 Ribbons of Rebirth!

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/21 22:31:18 )

You were midst collecting materials to decorate your home with holiday goods from Valentina’s shop. Hoarding spools of thread,
fabric cuts, lightbulbs, cardboard and other miscellaneous things; your eye catches the brilliant purple flicker of Vanora's hair swaying
several heights above you.

She stands shakily on the top of a ladder reaching her arms out as far as she possibly can to tie a ribbon around a branch, but she loses her footing and begins to fall sideways downward! She screeches out in panic and you instinctively close your eyes knowing the inevitable outcome. However, no crash rings out, only a gasp and then: ”Oh! Vyctor! I’m so sorry!”

You let out a giant sigh, relieved she is okay. Vyctor had barely caught her to help break the fall. He stumbles a bit but swiftly plants her back down to earth, crossing his arms in concern. “What are you doing this all alone for? Where’s Viv?!” He spins around searching, only to see you and gives a wave while also gesturing for you to come help.

Vanora beams at you brightly as you place the ladder back up while she dusts herself off. ”Vivi insisted she had to be alone today to pick up my Solstice gift she ordered. Besides, this is totally my own personal little project I like to do this time of year.” Vanora opens up the tan braided satchel at her waist revealing hundreds of ribbons and bells. You look up at the tree and notice she has already substantially covered a majority of the branches at the base and mid section of this giant tree. You feel inspired by her hard work and dedication, feeling inclined to offer a helping hand.

”Might I make a suggestion to make this easier, Viv?” Vyc grabs a small handful from her satchel, and takes a needle from his pocket. ”Anyone have some thread?” Your ears perk up and you immediately hand him spools from your bag, you're grateful to carry less bulk.
”How convenient, thanks!” After nodding at you with an appreciative smile, Vyc ties the end off, and then slips the thread through about a dozen ribbons, making a collective garland of jingling bells. ”Oh! Vyc,! Dude you’re a genius! This will make it so much quicker!” Vanora leaps up for joy and Vyc smirks at his own wits. You join them in a crouch and offer to help decorate this massive tree with ribbons and bells to welcome home rekindled energy from spirits of the past.

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/21 22:31:56 )

It's tradition to hang red ribbons and bells up on trees to help guide the spirits of our loved
ones back home. You'll know when you hear the bells chime in the wind, that they have returned.
Then, when the tree you have adorned returns to flourish brilliant colors in spring: That is their
thank you for remembering them and welcoming them back to a familiar place.

It's a comforting story we tell the children to help honor and commemorate those lost and is a
time of closure for many. We invite you to private message Vanora with the name of someone dear
to you, who is no longer here. You can also include a brief paragraph stating their importance.
Vanora will publish those entries anonymously here for us all to share in the warm memories
of our loved ones here in our hearts. This can be anything from a pet, friend, relative, or even a celebrity
no longer with us, that you found inspiring. In the thread please do share some of your warmest memories from the past!
Let's discuss traditions from our individual households if you have them!

RAFFLE 1
By submitting a name and a brief paragraph sentiment for a departed one,
you enter yourself into a raffle for the orb of your choice!
There will be up to three random winners.
You're allowed to submit as many ribbons as you wish,
but you will only be entered into the raffle once.

RAFFLE 2
Posting actively in this thread and sharing your memories/traditions will automatically enter
you into the second raffle. Up to three random winners, will receive the common orb.

Contest
Submit photographs. They can encapsulate anything from winter or celebrating whichever
holiday that you do, etc! Maybe your dog has a great tree sweater! Or a local snow storm
painted a beautiful white landscape! You have until January first to submit. Up to two
winners will receive the yet to be revealed January Crate Item.
Please submit photographs DIRECTLY in the thread!

The raffle winners to be announced on January 2nd.
The Photo contest winners will be announced on January 12th.

None yet

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/21 22:35:59 )

All submissions will be placed anonymously here,
to be threaded by Vyc and hung up on the largest tree in all of Voltra!

None yet

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/21 23:53:12 )

I know just who I want to submit

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 01:13:38 )
You gotta @Mention me.

My Solstice tradition is to make a butt ton of lasagna.
Because it's what my girlfriend does.
Cuz it's what her mom did.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 01:17:50 )

Our family tradition was to set up the christmas tree two weeks before christmas, then christmas eve was to watch some old VHS of christ's birth and other biblical stories..then as the years progressed other movies. such as home alone, the grinch, things like that. now a days i set up a small tree in my living room.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 01:22:26 )
You gotta @Mention me.

I don't understand this ribbon submission thing.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 01:28:21 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

@Rallaa: "We invite you to private message Vanora with the name of someone dear
to you, who is no longer here. You can also include a brief paragraph stating their importance.
Vanora will publish those entries anonymously here for us all to share in the warm memories
of our loved ones here in our hearts. This can be anything from a pet, friend, relative, or even a celebrity
no longer with us, that you found inspiring!"

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 01:43:04 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Oh I see.
I thought that whole paragraph was just story stuff or something.

Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 01:54:09 )

No problemo.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 01:54:48 )

Gone, but never forgotten kind of thing?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 01:56:23 )

Alive in our hearts.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 01:57:21 )

Lol I have too many people to remember.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 01:58:40 )

Actually, my father passed away 16 years ago tonight.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 02:06:32 )
This is sorta bittersweet. ; w;
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 02:11:41 )

*hugs another movie addict*

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 02:23:10 )

@Millet: Thank you, I can't believe it was so long ago.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 02:57:57 )
I'm excited to see everyone's photo entries >u<

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 09:10:42 )

I almost forgot that there was a picture thing to enter xD I should think about it and do that.

My holiday traditions are a bit strange. For Christmas I would go to my grandmother's. We often set her tree up sometime in December. Build snowmen. Play with my cousin who is three weeks older than me. I can still smell the pine tree and hear the laughter as we hung up ornaments and string lights. Grandma loved having the lights on all day and night.
We would play board games on the floor beneath it. And on Christmas day all the adults (all 8 of my grandmother's kids and their spouses) we're in the kitchen cooking. And us few kids were hanging out doing our things. And wishing to get through dinner just to open the presents. As grandma's memory started to go... Fewer family members showed up each year. . .
Now she's gone and I don't know what to do for Christmas because it wasn't my tradition it was hers.

In February though! My 4-5 days of gift giving is my favorite. I try to throw a party and cook good food for friends and family. I try to donate to good causes and help out others however I can.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/22 18:27:51 )

My family always watches Muppet Christmas Carol. It’s the best version.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.