Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat ✨Tarots ✨

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 00:41:48 )

I was wondering if any of you are interested in tarot cards?
Are you a practitioner or do you just like being read? Or are you the type to appreciate the art on the decks?

Just wondering haha I own four decks myself and usually do readings for myself.
Maybe if people are interested I wouldn't mind doing a reading for others but I seldom do it <u >

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 00:54:30 )
I like the way they look

>_<

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 00:56:01 )
"the type to appreciate the art on the decks"
you know it πŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆ

i don't believe in that stuff, but i can appreciate it like i can for fiction books. there's always something captivating about the art on tarot cards.

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڑ≦)γ‚žβœ©β—„-gallery-β–Ί

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 01:54:09 )

@Shark:
they do look awesome haha

@okios:
not going to lie, it's the art that got me into them.
As for how they work usually they work on what you already know subconsciously so I, personally, find them helpful when I'm trying to talk to myself and figure stuff out. I don't really find it as helpful if someone else does the reading for me or vice versa cause i just find the whole progress a more personal procedure.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 03:28:12 )

I love the art on them and I would probably collect some if I had the funds. We have a version of tarot here on Voltra made by Ghost

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 03:56:20 )
I don't really understand tarot but I also enjoy the art on the cards haha

I think it's really cool when artists make a tarot deck based on a franchise or some other topic that they like. The creativity they put into the art for each card is amazing! There have been a couple of decks that I've really wanted to buy just for the art on them.

Sometimes I wish I knew how to use them so I could justify spending money on them

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 09:29:17 )
I've got a collection of tarot cards somewhere at my mothers house... and I recently found a set of cards called Naipes Finos. Its a set of playing cards made for a specific type of game BUT ALSO, as I later found out, are also commonly used as tarot cards. I knew right away when I found them that they were more than just playing cards because the imagery on the cards was so vibrant and detailed, and their suits were more like "wands, coins, swords, and chalices" rather than "hearts, stars, and horse-shoes."
I also like to dabble in other means of divination. As a roleplay geek, I often use dice (aka Cleromancy) because I always have dice around. I also have a soft spot for numerology <3
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 20:25:28 )

@xirin:
oooh, what are the names of your decks?

@Saeyra:
OOOH That is so cool! Thanks I'm going to check it out!
Also, if you're interested in the decks they are some really pretty decks that are cheap/affordable you can buy from Wish or Aliexpress.

@Hachi:
Hahah yeah some franchise decks are great. Although, some tarot veterinarians hate them with passion
They are pretty easy to read once you get the gist the general meaning of each cards ^^

@Glume:
Oooh yeah, they resemble the style of the classical Rider Waite's tarot deck. Awesome!
Pretty much you can use any playing cards deck for divination. Although since Playing cards lack any equivalents to Major Arcana cards they are often regarded as Oracle decks more than Tarot. I have a deck that is a playing card as well but the way it works is some of cards supposedly be representative of Major Arcana depending on which sides they turned up. Personally, I just find that annoying so I just use it as an oracle deck.... cause it is an oracle deck.... and the artist who created it just wanted to cash in for that "tarot" title. :/

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 21:28:49 )

@devil: Haha tarot veterinarians. The decks I want are made by my fave artists that I follow and they are slightly pricey. But thanks for the tip about aliexpress and wish they are super affordable and gorgeous aaaaaahhh!!!!! I want them all!! I am not sure if I will ever read them but I will just keep them for the pretty pictures. I am such a sucker for pretty cards!

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 23:03:02 )

β₯ I appreciate the art tbh lol.
Don't know much about Tarot but I have always been curious about it~

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 00:37:37 )

@devil: pleas do a reading for me. I feel like I need it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 01:29:32 )

Actually a friend of mine just bought her first deck. Did a test reading lol right there at the store. I ended up buying a deck of oracle cards. Since they threw themselves at me.

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 05:51:53 )

@Saeyra:
Lmao I meant *veterans πŸ˜‚
Hahah I feel like once you actually bought one with style and art that resonates with you that you'll drawn to reading them. That's definitely how it came to be for me.

@xirin:
Ooooh wild unknown deck is great. I've vene eyeing that for some time! Also by classical are you talking about the Rider Waiter deck?
Or Crowley's?

@Alexis:
It's very interesting practice and easy to get hang of when you get the basics.

@Totalanimefan:
Hmmm I'll message you about the details?

@Another Movie Addict:
Ooooh a deck attracting you is a good sign. Usually when you're drawn to a deck they are the ones that's mostly compatible to you.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 14:41:52 )

@devil: Most 'magic' things have a habit of falling on me. Lol my oracle cards are no different. @w@ at least it didn't land on my head this time.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 15:46:28 )

@devil: I once saw someone on deviantart design tarot cards in Art Nouveau style and lemme tell ya it gave me chills. I don't know if they ever finished the deck or made prints but it was truly inspiring.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 15:57:38 )
Despite the headaches they give me, with witchcraft in general, I would love to own the Kawaii Deck.
Item Questβ˜†Hangoutβ˜†Sales

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 18:23:02 )

@Another Movie Addict:
Lmao that's one way to get your attention hahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Gave you been trying to read it?

@Saeyra:
Oh wow that's brilliant πŸ’•πŸ’•
I wanna have a go at designing it as well. Haha but it is a intensive process.

@Little Crane:
Is it just a kawai deck or it is really called "The Kawaii Deck"? And I get what you mean ahha I like witchcraft but sometimes it does give me headache πŸ˜‚

@xirin:
It is pretty! But it's a different reading style compared to RW reading. Crowley Didn't agree with how you read Waite's style so he created his own way. I don't know how you exactly read it but his deck is amazing, as a person though, he was very controversial πŸ˜… with his orgies, dark craft and being an open member of the illuminati and all.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 18:31:48 )

@devil: Yep yep! To make an entire deck myself would require a whole new level of confidence in my work that I don't have XD

Always ping me please.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 18:35:40 )

@devil: >w> uh no, I've been rather distracted with a different book. But I will be taking my cards with me to a party I'm going to on Sunday. Maybe practice with them there.

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 18:41:38 )

@Saeyra:
Hahah I get ya.
but tarots so all good πŸ’•

@Another Movie Addict:
That's one way to get practice as well 😊
pls ping me.

[ DEVIL ] LISH // art auction & hangout.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.