Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat He slept on the couch last night

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 01:34:33 )
Because I can't stand cleaning with anyone around me and the bedroom needed to be cleaned.
(because everyone else does it wrong and will just get in my way)

Also, I can't stand cleaning unless it's after midnight.
That's fine for the main parts of the house, but the bedroom usually has an occupant.

I'm like a little cleaning fairy. You go to bed with a messy house and you wake up to a clean one!

Do you have any cleaning quirks?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 03:07:30 )
@elithiya: YES! I'll be there sometime after midnight. XD
You'll wake up to a sparkly kitchen and folded laundry.

Do you have anyone to help you with the cleaning?

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 03:35:21 )
I really prefer to clean when no one's home. I have to make a mess while I clean and I walk all over, so if anyone is home, they'll be in my way. My peak cleaning time is early afternoons.
Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 03:45:06 )
Is there any particular reason why you clean past midnight? Just wondering haha

I have to blast music while cleaning. And it has to be either rock/metal/screamo/emo. It's the only thing that will motivate me to clean.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 03:57:17 )
@elithiya:That's the only payment I accept.
Dishes are my kryptonite. I'll do them, but I HATE them so much. Have you guys used disposable things? I've got a whole stack of paper plates just to avoid some dishes.

@selikait: I make a mess too! I have to take everything out and then put it back in it's place. I have a toddler and there is no way I can get anything done unless he's asleep. He's a hurricane.

@hachi: I've just always been like that. When I was a kid, it was the only time I was alone. When I was in college, we had a dorm where we shared common spaces, but had our own bedrooms. So, my roommates wouldn't bug me after a certain time and I was free to do what I wanted to do.
aaaannnndddd sometimes it's linked to my emotional state. So, I'll clean long enough to chase away my demons and be able to fall asleep and for some reason 1am is like peak emotional chaos time. idk. XD

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 04:19:49 )

i too would rather clean at night, cause i am a night owl.
tho i can't do some cleaning during the night cause it makes noise,
like dishes, or cleaning in the kitchen.
also laundry, if i'm washing something that makes noise then my mom complains cause she's trying to sleep.
i've been trying to wash a huge pile of plushies but their eyeballs make too much noise in the dryer.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 04:30:17 )

☃︎
Well, I tend to do my cleaning on the weekends. Although any time of day works for me I tend to clean better at night when it comes to my own room. Other spaces I will do during the day, I like vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning glass things the most. I don't mind cleaning most spaces, but the bathroom takes the most time outside of my own room...I don't feel the need to clean it as fast as other spaces. I like cleaning most when no one is around to be in the way or scrutinize how I am cleaning. I dislike cleaning toilets most, and when I clean the kitchen it takes the most out of me....you always tend to find some other thing to clean in there....

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 05:13:04 )
@zuzu: You tell them "Listen- we either get a clean house or you get a full night's sleep!" Ultimatum time. XD

@alyssya: I feel like the kitchen is just a never-ending chore. You're right, there is always something else that needs some love in there. I think I prefer to be alone to avoid the scrutiny too. My husband is so wonderful and would never scrutinize my cleaning, but it's been so ingrained in me for forever. He knew what he was getting into.

@xirin: I bet they will be so pleased when they get back home!

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 05:27:26 )

@Mousy: nah i wouldn't do that XD
maybe if my mom had the day off and could sleep in, otherwise she has to be up at 5am for work,
so she needs her sleep.

oi agree with ye that kitchens are a never-ending chore. dishes pile up so quickly.
i miss having a dishwasher >.<
(Avatar Closet)

Donator — Artist Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 07:38:39 )

Mousy:
Because I can't stand cleaning with anyone around me and the bedroom needed to be cleaned.
(because everyone else does it wrong and will just get in my way)

Also, I can't stand cleaning unless it's after midnight

Do you have any cleaning quirks?

Oh my God same I can't stand it when someone's in the room with me when I'm trying to clean particularly my husband because he's always where I'm trying to be haha like if I go to pick up something he's always in my way.
Ping me if needed

I do pixels. check my shop

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 09:24:20 )

Poor hubbies, they get moved around like furniture haha

Always ping me please.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 11:18:43 )
We&rsquo;ll carry on

What do I have to do to get the cleaning fairy here?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 23:55:53 )
@tuijp: You just have to set up some sort of summoning circle with chocolates, comfy pants, coca cola, Harry Potter anything, and a cat.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/21 10:07:42 )
We&rsquo;ll carry on

@Mousy: if put all my HP stuff in a circle, it will be a big circle. Luckily, my cat likes Harry Potter, so he will stay in that circle.
I can also do comfy pants and chocolate. You’ll just have to give me a bit to get you coca cola. I only have pepsi.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/21 19:00:09 )
@tuijp: That's a tough one... Pepsi? hmmmm.... It could work, but I'm not sure of the exact thing you'll summon since it's not perfect. You might end up with a goblin or something.
Is that a risk you're willing to take?

Donator — ghost Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/22 01:50:50 )

I only really clean when I'm angry or anxious and when I start if someone gets in my way I lose it. ><;;

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/22 10:19:03 )
We&rsquo;ll carry on

@Mousy: eerm... let’s see...
Yes I would. Who needs an alarm system if you have a goblin?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/22 19:12:24 )
@tuijp: Alright then! It seems everything is settled! You may begin your summoning.
@ghostie: ooooh I hate it when I clean that way. It's just not as satisfying.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.