Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Just bought a switch. Game recommendations?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/14 15:02:15 )
So, finally picked up a Nintendo Switch. No games for it yet though. The store I bought it at didn't have much pickings for games for it. So, recommendations?

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/14 16:46:55 )
I've always enjoyed Mario Party. xD
I played it a bit while I visited family a few weeks ago and it was a blast!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/14 17:08:46 )
@kiwi: I've seen that game mentioned multiple times in different places, it's a kind of farming game right?

@Fozzy: is that a multi player game only? Or can you play it by yourself?

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/14 17:11:38 )
@Kay: You can play the board by yourself, you'd just be versing computer. I don't think it's as fun that way, but still a good game. xD
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/15 03:58:41 )
My friend has a switch and he really loves The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Skyrim, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/15 04:17:48 )
Heyyy same boat!! I also recently bought a switch and... also have no games for it! haha
I'm going to follow this thread for game recommendations...

Breath of the Wild is a gorgeous game. The only reason I haven't bought it is because I've practically played the whole game vicariously just by watching other people play it. You know a game must be good if you can enjoy it without even playing it haha

Octopath Traveler is on my radar! I think I've just been itching for a good jrpg...

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/15 14:10:58 )
@kiwi: I haven't played any of the Harvest moon games before, so I wouldn't know what it's like. I'll have to look into it.

@xirin: The store did have that Captain Toad game there when I was looking at the games they had for it. I thought about getting it. I may still get it, I do have a couple of coupons for that store. The Splatoon game I've never played.

@macsen191: I did consider maybe getting breath of the wild. But I decided not to. I actually did end up ordering a copy of skyrim for the switch. Paid for one day shipping so that should hopefully get here today.
@Hachi: I was looking at Octopath traveler online. It looked interesting. I may get it eventually. Was looking at another game as wellthats only around 20 dollars but it had mixed reviews, sounded a bit buggy.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/15 15:20:37 )
@Q t e a p o n: That's part of the reason I wanted the switch for in the first place, so i could play the new games when they come out. I'm planning on getting one of the let's go games at some point.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/16 09:28:57 )
@Kay: Oh what game is that?

Donator — PrinCSS Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/16 10:41:04 )

Just Dance is one of my favorite games to play.. so that one!

Others being Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party 10 >:D

and animal crossing but there's no switch version yet

COMMISSION | GUIDE | PREMADES

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/17 03:53:19 )
@Hachi: RiME. Looks interesting though, so I may end up getting it maybe

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/17 04:17:25 )
Fozzy:
I've always enjoyed Mario Party. xD
I played it a bit while I visited family a few weeks ago and it was a blast!

I SECOND THIS!

My roommate just got it and it is life right now o_o

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 21:06:28 )

☃︎
Well I will share a link with you so that way you can look at your leisure, I will also mention a few that others haven't. I do hope you find some games that you will enjoy tho! Happy shopping~

Doom and Diablo are out as well as a Resident Evil title.
The World Ends With You: Final Remix is out, this was a GBA title forever ago and I really loved it, I haven't purchased this one again, but I hear there is a lot of new content.
MUSYNX, and Deemo(is in the eShop) are out if you like music based rhythm keeping games.
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum'n'Fun! is also out if you like Japanese style Taiko drum games, really fun to play with others.
If you like South Park there is South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Fire Emblem Warriors, and Lumo are also really good titles.
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy is also out
Little Dragon's Cafe is also fun, you take care of a dragon while manning a cafe in order to save your mom that mysteriously won't wake up.
Here!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 19:46:00 )

Let's Go Eevee (or Pikachu)
Mario Kart 8
Splatoon 2
Puyo Puyo Tertis
Breath of the Wild
Kamiko
Super Mario Oddessy

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 21:17:37 )
@Kay: I just got one myself.

I Am Setsuna, Gris and Stardew Valley.
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.