Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Ugh the Asian lady beetles are back

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/1 22:18:32 )
It's that time of year again. The time when my apartment gets infested with those disgusting creatures that look like ladybugs. My mom refuses to do anything about it so our living room just has them on the windows and on the ceiling light. Earlier this afternoon I counted thirty of them.

I hate them. I hate living in a house that gets infested with them every year. I can't wait to be able to move into a place that won't be crawling with these bugs one day.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/1 23:07:23 )

Is there a way to get rid of them, or to keep them from getting into the house that you don't need your mom to do? Like sealing a creak?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/3 07:47:31 )
We get these big green beet;es as disneyland every certain times of the year

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 16:41:31 )
@xirin: Yeah they look like lady bugs but they're a little more orange. They're mostly harmless, just super annoying because they come in such large numbers. They get in through cracks and stuff during this time of year and try to stay for the winter. They tend to be attracted to light color houses. But if you live in a newer building you probably wouldn't have a problem with them getting in.

@Totalanimefan: Well the problem is our house is rented and my mom doesn't want to get my landlord involved in anything so she just tells us it's not a big deal and not to bother him, even though he's a nice guy and would probably want to help. We had a moisture problem this summer and a mushroom grew in the bathroom and my mom wouldn't let me tell the landlord. Just cleaned and sterilized the area and said it was fine.

@Luffer Nutter: I haven't had a problem with bugs like that before. Just stink bugs in the summer.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 16:43:32 )

o-o
A ladybug that is not a ladybug?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 16:46:50 )
    Like a harlequin ladybird?

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 16:54:21 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I think it's like a type of ladybug, but just not the normal bright red ones? The lady beetle is more orange and has different markings than ladybugs. They are in an invasive species brought over from Asia.

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 16:56:11 )
@sunny: Yes I believe they are also called that. They're called ladybird's outside of the US I think.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 16:57:41 )
    @iggy: yes they're called ladybirds here. The harlequin ladybirds we have here carry an STD so... Uh... watch out :o

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 16:59:43 )
@sunny: Oh that's the first time I've heard of that. Thanks for the head's up . I'll have to do some research on that.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 17:00:59 )
    @iggy: yeah they're pretty gross :o

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 17:04:33 )

@iggy: Collect them and train them into a bug army!

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 17:06:21 )
@sunny: Plus they bite. D: I hate them so much.

@Anarchist Beauty: lol I trap them in empty water bottles.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 17:16:38 )

@iggy: Train them for Bug Circus.

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 17:18:31 )
@Anarchist Beauty: How would I go about this training? I don't think I have the right equipment lol

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 18:25:47 )
@iggy: They would infest my house every Fall all growing up! But these bad boys are so persistent, they were EVERYWHERE. At school, friends houses, on the bus.... EVERYWHERE. This wasn't a problem that was just in one person's house, it was all over the town.

Also, they can bite. I have experience. XD

I moved to a new state and I don't see them anymore. However, one of the places I've lived in this new state had a horrible cricket problem in the summers.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 18:28:29 )
@Mousy: They do bite! I have a couple bites on my feet that I'm sure are from these things. Yeah it seems some states aren't afflicted with these pests, but northern NJ has them pretty bad in older houses. My boyfriend doesn't seem to have a problem with them in his house though, and he's just in the next town over. Though he does have cave crickets in his basement from time to time. Those things are huge and scary.

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/4 19:27:41 )

@iggy: No idea.
But it always works in cartoons!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.