Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Super busy with school

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 07:57:27 )

Hey guys. I'm taking a Unix/Linux class (which I'm doing really good in) and a Python class (which I'm not doing so well in) and it's taking up all of my free time! Next week is midterms and I feel like I have no time to post on here. It's 1am in the morning and I'm still up.
Oh and did a mention I'm also still working.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 08:25:36 )
Ahh such is the college life. I really don't miss those days (or rather, sleepless nights). Even harder with a job.

Computer science is a super tough field, none of that stuff is easy (I'm definitely not cut out for it, haha). But it's a very rewarding major with lots of potential! Do you like the material/classes so far?

Good luck on your midterms! Study hard, I'm sure you'll be fine!
(How's the event going for you? I can probably get a couple extra event items if you feel like you might miss out because of all that studying.)

473/500

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 08:33:10 )
YAS BITCH TAKE LIFE BY THE BALLS LIKE THE WONDER WOMAN YOU ARE! <3

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 19:24:22 )

@Luffer Nutter: Aww girl you're the best! -hugs-

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 19:32:13 )

@Hachi: I could buy a set off of you when all of the items are out, if you are able to get them. ^^
Also yes, these classes are not easy. I live in Silicon Valley though, so the job opportunities are endless. I do like my Unix/Linux class. When I am using it I get it, and I feel rather smart.
Python is frustrating because it's harder and I have a crappy teacher AND a crappy textbook. So I'm using CodeAcdemy and my husband is helping me. I'm only doing ok in that class.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 19:40:16 )

Good to hear you are doing good in linux class. And I feel you on Python. Some teacher told us it's easier then PHP and then when I followed some Python classes I got totaly lost. What do you mean easier then PHP?

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 19:53:55 )

@vengeance: When I looked online it didn't seem that hard, but it's new for me, plus I have a shitty teacher and textbook. :(

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/1 01:55:32 )
@Totalanimefan: Nah I'm not gonna make you pay for it, haha
I'll try my best to get another set, I'll let you know! (Or maybe I'll just hoard tickets and you can have them?)

Silicon Valley is the dream job location for every cs student! It's a great spot for you to be. The job opportunities are always growing in that field, and will probably be doing so for a long time into the future.
Yeah I think the best thing about having to take a difficult class is the accomplishment you feel when you've really mastered something!
My friend tried to teach me python for fun once and I almost literally ran away hahaha I kind of regret though because stuff like that is useful to know but

485/500

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/1 19:23:18 )

@Hachi: I have plenty of pure. I'll just throw some your way if you don't want me to pay for them lol. No pressure though.

Yeah. It's so damn expensive to live here that I should really try to get into the field that pays well.
Python is harder than a thought. It is my first language though. So that one is always the hardest to learn.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.