Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Memorable Teachers

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/25 06:01:08 )
My friend recently started her teaching career, and it got me thinking about all the teachers that I've had over the years.
Memorable - in positive ways and... not positive ways...

I had a math teacher that hated when kids sniffled in her class. If she heard you sniffling, she would interrupt the lesson, call you out in front of the entire class, and order you to blow your nose. god allergy season was torture
One time a kid coughed and she ordered him to go outside and drink some water??

One of my teachers became really irritated with kids always staring at the clock to see when class would be over, so he made the clock perpetually read 2:30, a.k.a. 5 minutes before the last bell.
What a power move. He was a cool guy tho

314/500

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/25 06:05:06 )
My GED teacher was the bomb.
She is the only teacher who was nice to me out of all the teachers i had before i dropped out.
And did not compare me to my elder sister.
and refused to give up on any of her students.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/25 16:07:55 )
Alright everyone strap in, Ama's got some doozies.

1: The bitch who used to pinch me every day in class. She'd leave quarter sized bruises all over my arms. When I reported her the administration didn't believe me, so she got to keep her job. After that though she stopped leaving visible marks, and would keep me 100% isolated from my classmates. I had to sit in time out everyday, all day, through the entire year. I wasn't allowed to talk to anyone at all. When it was time to graduate from that class (this was kindergarten btw), she failed me because I 'wasn't emotionally ready for the next grade'. Supposedly that bitch hurt other children and she's still working at that school.

2: This is a positive one. I was a very poor student, not in that I can't add 2+2 but I was financially a very poor student. So for the longest time the only shoes I had to wear were these fancy church shoes. They were crazy uncomfortable. It didn't help that I was slow at learning to tie my shoe laces. So I had to have the strip shoes. Anyway. This wonderful lady bought me a pair of shoes to wear, ones that I could put on by myself. She also brushed my hair every day before class started. Lol pissed my classmates off because she'd use this really stinky hair spray to keep my hair all nice and stuff. That was an amazing teacher. She made learning a lot easier for kids too. Made games and colour sheets of math problems so we'd have fun learning to multiply things.

3: I live in the South, knee deep in redneck Christianity. My school was one of those schools that banned Harry Potter because it promoted witch craft and was against God. I went to a public school btw, and the Bible was A okay for everyone to read. Anyway my very catholic fifth grade teacher thought that was the dumbest shit she had ever heard. So in protest she had her class broken up into Harry Potter houses, and did a bunch of other things from the books. XD her brother-in-law was the principle at the time, so she got away with it all. Besides all of that, she kept up with me everyday about how my dad was doing. My fifth grade year is when he got diagnosed with cancer. This woman took an interest in her students and gave a shit.

Okay I'm going to skip forward and leave out a few teachers. I had a LOT of memorable teachers.

4: Let's talk about another really bad one. So this guy was fucking insane. He was my English teacher, and he was very bad at being a teacher. He'd lose everyone's assignments before putting them in the grade book, so he'd just mark everyone as an F. Good students, bad students, didn't matter. He rarely wrote up tests for us to take and just assumed we were all dumb as fuck. Anyway one day he has a complete mental down while teaching. This guy picked up desks and began throwing them around the room while yelling about how dumb everyone was. That we were all failing his class because we were the worst students ever. Of all time. Broke the clock on the wall, his computer, the microwave he kept in his classroom. Started swearing up a storm throwing fucks here and there and everywhere. Finally he flips everyone off, including other teachers, and storms out of the school screaming that he quit. We went without an English teacher for like a month. XD he didn't even write up our midterm, so another teacher had to go through his notes and make one up for us the best she could.

There are a loooooooooooooooot of other teachers I could talk about. My schooling years were just so bizarre that most people would think the came right out of a show or a movie or something. Nope. These are all very very real stories.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 17:05:38 )
I remember my 6th grade math teacher the most. I had a huge problem in Math... I basically fell through the cracks. I tried so hard... it would take me hours to do my Math homework at night and sometimes it still didn't get done. Anyway... this teacher would announce to the class that I got another F on my mathwork(she didn't do this to any other student.) She would make fun of me in class, and in a very snotty voice asked me if she should call my Mommy and tell her what a bad student I was. Every teacher was made aware that just before school started my mother died and it was very traumatic for me as I witnessed it so she knew. In parent teacher confrences she told my Grandma and my Dad that I was the worst student she had ever had in her lifetime of teaching and that I should give up. When my Grandma and Dad complained the school basically said live with it, it's her last year and she'd lose her pension, etc. They took it to the School board and said the same thing.

Now, the only shining light in this situation is the LD teacher that came in the classroom to help the LD students saw how this teacher was treating me(she didn't see all of it cuz a lot of it was done while she wasn't there) but she told me that when the other LD students got up to leave during study time that I should go with them. When the bad teacher wouldn't let me go with them and the LD teacher asked why I didn't go, I told her what happened and she said just go anyway and she'd deal with the teacher. Needless to say she saw that I basically didn't have math skills and the LD teacher had me tested to find out that I had a Learning Disability in Math, which changed a lot of my life around.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.