Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee No, I'm not -that- Alice.

Donator — Anything Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:48:45 )
One of the many questions I always inevitably get when I join a new place with this particular usernames is, "Oh, you like that book too?!" And I'm terribly sorry to disappoint but no, I have not even read that book. I really should, so I can finally say, "Yes, it's awesome! (Even though it has nothing to do with why I choose this name again and again)" The book in question is literally my username: Alice in Zombieland. I've never read it and while I do plan to (eventually) I doubt I will anytime soon so I will continue to be followed by this question. So I thought I'd just nip it right in the bud. XD For everyone else who has no idea what I'm talking about, hello! My name is Alice! Some of you might already know me! No, I'm not the Alice that tumbled down the rabbithole, but I am the Alice that you've probably seen on other avatar websites. I'm horribly addicted and I float around quite a few of them so chances are you might know me elsewhere. Please say hello and introduce yourselves, I do love new friends!

Oh, I suppose you want to know a little about me. Well, that's fair, but let's play a game instead of me just dumping facts on you. For every question you ask me, I get to ask you one back! There! That way we all get to know each other together! <3 <3 <3

Here's a few little freebies though, to whet your appetite. As I said, I'm Alice. I'm turning 29 in a few weeks, I'm happily married (almost), and I live in chilly Minnesota. I'm a hopeless romantic and also hopelessly addicted to roleplaying. That's pretty run of the mill for a site like this though so here's a few more not so run of the mill facts. I consider myself to be gender queer, though I'm still getting used to that label, and asexual. I've made and wielded my own magic wands in a few Harry Potter roleplays with friends of mine. I'm obsessed with music boxes and tea sets. I pride myself on being very empathetic. I've suffered from night terrors since I was a little kid. I'm addicted to sugar. I don't have a driver's license. I love ferrets. I've lost three of my grandparents this year alone. I sing whenever I'm alone.

I can't wait to get to know you all so please please please post your questions so we can all become friends!

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:50:37 )
@AliceinZombieland: Hey Alice!!! Welcome to Voltra. ^^ I don't have my drivers license either! 22 and going strong! lol I live in the city, so I just take the bus/train everywhere. Uber is great too!

Donator — Anything Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:53:34 )
@Fozzy: Thanks hon! Glad to see I'm not alone! I never really needed mine, though I am trying to get it now just to have it (and since my husband wants to move to another city and I want to keep my job here.) We have Lyft where I live and I love their rating system. But it's still money I could be putting to something else.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:54:25 )
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know; when logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
I love the preemptive strike on questions about your name. xD As I would have assumed Alice in Wonderland too c': welcome to the Voltra party!

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:56:03 )
@AliceinZombieland: That's very true, sometimes I'm like "I'll uber to work today" but then the price sky rockets during busy hours of the day and I'm like "guess I'll walk..." :vanora_sweat: So do you live in a big city of Minnesota? I'm supervised to hear you have lyft! lol

Donator — Anything Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:04:21 )
@Vii: "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane. I love that song. <3 Every time I hear it on the radio or in a movie I get all excited. So nice to meet you, Vii! (Love that name, btw)

@Fozzy: Depends on who you ask really. Me when I first moved up would have said yes but now in relation to other cities, mine isn't very big at all. We're over 100k for our population, which beats the less than 1k population of the town I went to school in. XD My turn to ask you one! What is the most unusual nickname you've ever gotten?

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:10:02 )
@AliceinZombieland: lol That's crazy! I've always lived in the chicagoland area/suburbs. So less than 1k population.. I'd go crazy! O.o
Ummmm... When I was in first grade my music teacher called me Sammy Lamby Ding-Dong. It was SO weird... >.<

Donator — Anything Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:17:41 )
@Fozzy: It was a tiny town! My graduating class was 28 people, myself included!
Omg, that's adorable! Unless your name isn't any variation of Sam. In which case that would be a really random nickname. XD

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:26:08 )
@AliceinZombieland: WHOA! My graduating class was between 400-500 students!
My name is Sam, yeah. lol My other child hood nickname was Bubba... haha
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:28:40 )
MY LOVELY LOVE

Donator — Anything Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:33:39 )
Ana my darling! *Cuddles*

@Fozzy: Yeah, we originally had 30 but two of them died. I wonder if I can still remember all of their names...I don't really see many of them now but it's also been ten+ years since I graduated. XD

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:36:24 )
@AliceinZombieland: Same here! I love that song, it's so beautifully haunting! I always like when it pops up in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas -- have you ever seen that movie? o: And nice to meet you as well!

And thank you ~ I've always thought names which started with "v" were so elegant and charming. x3

Donator — Anything Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:38:58 )
@Vii: Yes, haunting is a great way to describe it. I love music like that, to be honest. I'm always on the lookout so if you find more let me know! <3 And the only time I saw Fear and Loathing, I was sooo drunk I'm not sure how much was drunk hallucinations. From my understanding though, it's very possible none of what I remember was hallucinated because it just that wacky a movie. XD
I agree you on most counts. Except in the case of the name "Vicky". Because of Fairly Odd Parents, I will never really like that name. Which is a terrible shame for people who are actually named Vicky that are entirely lovely people.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:46:43 )
@AliceinZombieland: Ah, I wish I knew more music like it too, but sadly I haven't ever found any. But I'll definitely pass it along if I end up finding some!

Fear and Loathing is definitely a whacky movie. I had no idea what to expect the first time I saw it so it was a real treat. xD They essentially spend a weekend doing drugs in Vegas, and there's one part where "Dr. Gonzo" is in the tub listening to White Rabbit. So that song always makes me think of that movie now lol

And YES you're so right! [i]"Hey Vicky, you're so icky, the thought of bein' round you makes me feel sick-y"
That show totally ruined the name Vicky for me. xD I imagine people in our generation don't use that name for their kids, so it's probably plummeted in popularity over the past two decades. c':

Alas, I have to work in the AM so I need to pry myself away from The Interwebs. Have a good night, catch you later!~
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.