Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Keto Diet - Let's do this!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 02:02:02 )
@Fozzy: thank you for sharing your yummy recipe.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 02:07:07 )
I am a big fan of all the cheese that goes into this, YES
Thank you for sharing! I hope you'll continue to grace us with photos of all the amazing keto food you're going to cook.

175/500

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 03:06:56 )
I'll be sure to share my next keto recipe adventure with you all! :D

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 04:01:49 )
Hope it tasted as good as it looked ^.^

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 12:30:40 )
@Fozzy: Ahem. I happen to know of someone with a recipe thread, you know... just saying... >_>;;

MAY I LINKETH TO THAT CHEESY WONDER, GOOD SIR?

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 15:02:50 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Just make sure you transition into Keto SLOWLY.
If you rush in and force yourself to full commit from the start, you risk
horrid side effects that have for many people- resulted in going to the hospital.
That happened to me as well. You have to ease in otherwise you'll get sick, and end up quitting.

Oddly, I'm not really on Keto since that time, but my...tmi but urine shows positive for ketones every time I've tested it without
really trying to be on the diet. I'd say people whose bodies are already/good at excrementing ketones are the ones who probably wouldn't
thrive from a hardcore keto diet and be the most at risk.

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 15:15:12 )
@Kozi: You can definitely link to it here! :)

@Millet: I read there are like 7 common side effects. The quick remedy for most is just a glass of water with a table spoon of salt. That's because you can become really dehydrated as going into ketosis makes you urinate more often. I'll definitely be cautious!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 15:37:57 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

It's definitely not recommended for people with moderate to severe heart problems/kidney problems/liver problems/blood circulatory issues/struggle to gain muscle/losing muscle due to a disease. The number one thing Keto diet gets reamed for is it's toughness on carbs also translates into toughness on fruits and vegetables that contain a lot of specific nutrients that are far better metabolized by being eaten from the source rather than a supplement. Many cardiologists have spoken out against the Keto diet for its over promotion of fats.

That being said, I know it's also been widely successful and people feeling their absolute best on it. So yes, be cautious. If you feel great and adapt well, awesome! If you start feeling intense pain beyond what seems like "Keto Flu" get to a doctor and have your blood evaluated. :) And make sure when you get to keto flu (if you do, some people don't) that you don't give in and carb binge- you'll get even MORE sick that way. It's gotta be slow to exit transition and slow to re-enter transition of carbs otherwise shock and pain. orz

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 18:50:43 )

Good luck. I know you can do it. And please don't fall off the wagon with Keto. You won't see any results, and the opposite effect will happen.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/19 03:57:56 )
Thanks for all the support! I'm 3 days in and feeling great. This morning I was so pleased with my breakfast, it was delicious! I actually felt really proud of my cooking, I'm definitely no chef. lol
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.