Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hello, I'm new to Voltra!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 19:27:56 )
It has been a few years since I last was part of an avatar community. I have been missing these kinds of communities lately, so I decided to find a place I could try to settle into. ^^

I have been a user on so many sites in the past that I can hardly keep track. I can't remember the names of most of them. (Mostly because it was so long ago!) Anyway, a little about me: I am in grad school for secondary education in order to become a high school English teacher. I enjoy drawing and keeping house plants. I'm also interested in learning to paint with watercolor. I recently bought a set of pans to practice with but haven't yet found the time. (I fr need a Time Turner.)

Um, what else.

Things I'm looking forward to: winter break HOLY SHITE. If anyone is out there, PLEASE HELP ME SURVIVE UNTIL THEN.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 19:38:53 )

@stostina: Hi! Welcome to Voltra. I think you picked a good site to come back to. This site runs really well on mobile, and the staff seem to care a lot. The art is good as well.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 19:41:18 )
@totalanimefan: I think I chose right, as well. It feels pretty comfy here. ^^ Also, it's good to know this site runs well on mobile as I am away from a computer for most of the day. Thanks for letting me know! :D

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 19:43:01 )
welcome to voltra!! you're an unsung hero for becoming a teacher. thank you in advance for your good service in the future. stay safe out there! o/

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 19:49:29 )
Welcome to Voltra.
What made you want to become a teacher?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 19:54:20 )

Welcome to Voltra. You joined right in time. We have an event coming up. Let me send you some free items.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 20:14:38 )
@okios: Thank you, okios! (And thank you so much for the trade!) Yeah, there is a lot of serious and dangerous stuff happening lately. We all do what we can to help things improve. Gotta keep on going! <3

@rallaa: Hi, Rallaa! Thank you for asking! When I was younger I felt my teachers didn't make an effort to reach out to me and others like me. I didn't actually enjoy school until I got to university. When I realized what I was missing in high school, it really hit me. It is unfair how many people miss having an opportunity to be part of something. Like, learning aside--being part of something is more important. Now that I am older and am almost done with my teacher training I understand why so many teachers just *can't* be "better teachers." There are a lot of obstacles for them so many feel unmotivated and broken. I hope I can do better though. If I ever become a "bad teacher," I hope I have the courage to quit and move to another profession. (It's hard, but not impossible!) But yeah. All of what I said is not all of my reasons but still a big part of why I chose to go into teaching. ^^

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 20:17:17 )

Cute avi you got there now :)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 20:22:03 )
@vengeance: Thank you! And wow, thank you so much for the trade! Those items look really nice ^^ <3 Aha! Yay, I came just in time for an event!! I can't wait to see what it will be :D

Aw yeah, my lil pixel body ain't naked no more. I will make a neato avi with what you and oikos gifted to me. ^_^

@hazer: Thank you! Haha, me too. I will log onto Voltra every day to -recharge- heheh >D

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 20:24:02 )

@stostina: Starting tomorrow if the spaceship on the front page is moving be sure it click it. It will grand you a free gift. Either items, volts or ohms. You can claim it once a day.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 20:27:18 )
@vengeance: Yesssss monnies I will be sure to do that!

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 20:32:09 )
@stostina: Welcome to Voltra!!!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 20:32:32 )

@stostina: I have a mule and I never posted with it and there is already 22k volts on it just from clicking that spaceship.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 20:38:23 )
@stostina: I see!
Well, I hope you can become the kind of teacher that can help their students in a way that your own teachers couldn't.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 20:54:56 )

@stostina: Welcome! I like that you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, a realist with idealistic goals I really wish you all the best and I know kids are gonna appreciate you one day!

Always ping me please.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 21:31:16 )
@Fozzy: Thank you! Happy to be here!

@vengeance: Wow, holy cow @_@

@rallaa: Thanks for the encouragement! I used to work as a tutor in my university writing center. Definitely not the same but it is similar. I 100 percent loved my job there. It really helped me find my path. So as long as I have the endurance, things should go well for me as a teacher. I hope. lol anyway, thanks again !

@saeyra: Aw, thank you Saeyra! I appreciate your well-wishes. That makes me feel really good!

Everyone's kind words kinda makes me feel like I can tackle some more homework now LOL.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 21:35:00 )
@stostina: Welcome!

I'm glad to hear you are becoming a teacher. So many of them are overworked and underappreciated. I hope your studies go well, and look forward to seeing you around the forums! Hopefully you can hang around for the event soon!

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 21:44:53 )
@stostina: Welcome! Fellow teacher here! *Teacher High Five*
I teach elementary math and science.
I'm glad you're here!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 21:53:45 )
@kozi: Thank you! Yes, being underappreciated is going to be tough. I've already been spoken down to by so many people. I don't know why others feel it is okay to insult teachers so openly. It's sad but I can tolerate it! :)

And yeah, the event! I'll be working hard IRL but I do plan to be here off and on, especially for the event! :D

@Mousy: Whoa! *Teacher High Five!* I didn't expect to see another teacher here! How long have you been teaching?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 21:58:20 )
@stostina: This is my 5th year. I've made it to the year that they say most people quit by. I've accomplished something
I hardly ever see teachers on avatar sites. This is great.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.