Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Mosquitoes hate me

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 00:28:43 )
It's about to give me a complex.

Mosquitoes bite everyone. They don't care who you are.
BUT they hate me.
They will literally land on me and then go after my husband.

He's apparently some kind of luxury mosquito buffet and I'm day old dumpster food.

I don't even need bug spray when I go out because they will not bite me at all and that's a huge deal in this area.
We've had a ton of rain this year and they are really bad right now.

Do mosquitoes love or hate you?
if they hate you too, what are you doing that makes them hate you?

2/12

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 00:33:19 )

@Mousy: Same with me. Mosquitos always prefer my husband to me, he gets like 10 bites for every one I have. At first I thought they were racist since I am asian and he is caucasian but now I am beginning to believe they are sexist?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 00:37:03 )
@saeyra: I'm caucasian and my husband is african american. It must be a sexist thing.
Ridiculous.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 00:45:25 )

@Mousy: Jokes aside I read that they are attracted to heat so the hubbies are probably warmer than us. I for one am always cold. Noone likes a cold meal

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 00:50:05 )
@saeyra: That could be it! I have a lower body temp than him and most other people.
/part lizard or something
I've been told that it also has to do with how much vitamin B12 you have. I eat lots of fish for lunch and he hates fish.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 00:57:38 )

@Mousy: My hands are ALWAYS cold. I touch the hubby with my cold hands and he is literally like "STAAHHP!!! I WILL PAY YOU MONEY TO STAAHP!!" haha

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 01:00:24 )
They're attracted to heat as well as you smell (? I think that's what I read?) Different to them when you sweat. I read up on it because my wife and I have the same issue. I can't fucking step outside without them practically carrying me away but they don't even give Janna a second glance. And I was frustrated on why she got so lucky.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 01:02:22 )
@saeyra:

It's embarrassing when you meet new people and you're like "Hey sorry... I'm an ice witch"

Also, I just killed a mosquito that was trying to bite my watch rather than my skin.
Plastic is more desirable than my blood.
i'm hurt.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 01:05:22 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I am one of the unlucky ones who mosquitos prioritize and favor to feed off of while also being unfortunately allergic to most bug bites, including mosquitos.

Anyone with me: 5 bites, sized like a dime
Me: 30 bites sized like a half dollar coin.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 01:07:21 )

@Mousy: Your watch is warmer than you maybe? haha I call myself a penguin because I am always dressed warm and kinda huddle up next to other people to hide from the wind. Also, Hey there Elsa!

@Millet: Are you always really warm? Like excellent circulation?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 01:21:41 )
@millet: Well, there goes the Mosquitoes are sexist argument. XDD
My husband swells up too. I just get a pinprick of a mark when they do decide to bite me. Last resort dinner. haha

@gatorlec: I have read that somewhere too. I've also heard that your blood type could affect it too!
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 01:21:50 )

I often feel warm/friends cling to me when walking outside in the cold, yeah xD

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 01:23:39 )

Haha yeah the sexist theory is out the window. But the warm thing is still in! *huddles up next to Millet* waaaaaarmth

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 02:34:04 )

*crawls away*
No, it iz 2 warmz naooo

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 05:10:16 )
Lucky, I get eaten alive. XDD;;; I went camping a few years ago, and ended up looking like swiss cheese.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 13:16:07 )
Mosquitos hate me too (glad for that).

Several years ago, I went on a family trip to rural China, where the mosquitos are so bad that you need to sleep in a bed covered with mosquito netting unless you want to be eaten alive. My sister and my mom came back covered in bites. My dad and I had like... 2 small ones...

49/500

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 14:39:39 )

@Millet: *waddles after Millet* Wait! Noo...come back..penguins are birds. You love birds..*waddle waddle*

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.