Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How do you guys de-stress?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 10:06:55 )
I know everyone is different, and I would love to try some different methods.
I do go to the gym to help de-stress, but one of my work colleges now goes there.. There goes my sweet haven.

P.s. I need a new job please.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 10:23:25 )
Meditation. I know how much I sound like one of those new agey "meditation is the answer to all lifes problems" folks, but its honestly quite helpful. Its more than just thinking of nothing.... being able to train your brain to let go of intrusive thought is so important. The best part is, there are many different types of meditation... if one does not suit you, try another. There are completely relaxed methods, and methods of excitement that push you to the limits. I do best sitting in white noise or if I'm "in the zone" art-wise, while my husband finds more clarity from jamming out to metal... both the music and the exercise help him center his mind.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 11:01:22 )
@Glume: I agree that meditation does help, though i'm the type that needs to be doing something, or I get super restless.. So I meditate in the steam room at my gym lol
But I've never thought of music as a stress reliever.
@Hazer: So... Do something you enjoy that can take 100% of your attention.. Like drawing!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 11:20:45 )
@Robyn: Music works so well. I'm always on breaks at work with my music so loud everyone can hear it, just headbanging and singing as loud and annoying as possible. Its what gets me through the day!
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 11:55:48 )
@Glume: Oh! When my partner wakes up, i've got to try that!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 13:08:33 )

Listening to music. When I'm angry or stressed I mostly listen to metal music. But if I really want to relax I will listen to Yurima.
Gaming. Expecialy shooter games make me destress. Killing people feels good at times.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 15:28:31 )
I do a number of things. I listen to music, I use Mindfulness and Meditation to help calm myself and if those don't work I write in my journal.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 16:39:10 )
I like to read until I can barely open my eyes. That way the stress can wait until morning.
I also like to go to a store and just look around. We call it going to touch stuff. Sometimes, I touch the stuff and bring it home with me too. XD

The best advice I was ever given for workplace stress was to pick a spot on my way home and "leave" the stress there. For me it was an overpass before I got home. When I got to the overpass, I'd tell myself that I was going to leave it there and pick it back up when I pass by again in the morning.
It didn't help relieve it 100%, but it was a good visual to separate my work life from my home life. At this spot, I will worry only about my family for the next 12 hours. When I get back to this spot, I can worry and stress about work again.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 19:32:44 )
@vengeance: I don't know why but I find shooters kinda stressful.. Cause I suck.
@kiwi: Drink until I black out, planned, yes. Glad its helping someone else out too.
@Mousy: I read to put myself to sleep these days.. Its does help. But leaving my stress on the way home could really help, i'll have to try that out.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 21:19:16 )
@Robyn: I read, watch Netflix, go for walks, clean and see friends/my partner. Sometimes just talking to someone else rly helps or taking a nap! ^^

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 21:38:36 )
@nyreen: You got quite a few different methods!!
But starting to put effort into conversations with my partner might help (If hes not being a dick)

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 21:40:04 )

@Robyn: Yeh then I can see how it would not distress you. Pets also help. I love to cuddle one of my cats if she is around.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 21:43:01 )

First I take a nice relaxing, hot as Hell, shower. Then I climb into my comfiest pajamas. Make myself some kind of comfort snack, when I can I make a pretty amazing potato and bacon soup. After all of that, I turn on some old movie. :3 in fact I've been binging some old 1940s horror films.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 21:56:24 )
@Robyn: yeah i talk to my partner if its an option bc sometimes he's tapped out himself
call me grem
they/them

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 03:30:04 )

I do what Glume said. I also exercise and listen to music. Eating well helps too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 03:45:04 )

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 05:27:40 )
Video games and music mainly.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 13:35:52 )
@Another Movie Addict: Movies in bed with comfy PJs and a snack! That sounds like a perfect date!
But v. relaxing.
@nyreen: Yeah mine seems more stressed than me about this stuff. eeep.
@okios: Hm, I think this gif was too complicated for me to understand.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 20:42:53 )
@robyn: i de-stress by posting nonsense here.ヽ༼◕ل͜◔༽ノ

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 21:09:34 )
@okios: Yes I understood that
Nice emoji~

Just chillin'

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.