Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Arcade Keep your username at the end of this post

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 23:26:58 )
I would like roleplaying as a job or playing video games like those youtubers, but it's hard to get started and I don't have the motivation to keep going when no one looks at my content. I'm 26 so I'm close to being as old as you. My main problem when it comes to everything is my personality and social anxiety. I can't be that happy, friendly person everyone expects you to be. There are days when I don't want to talk to anyone in real life at all and I just want to be left alone.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 23:41:26 )

People phobia and possibly social phobia so a bit more severe than anxiety over here. But i could never be a youtuber, keeping up the social part of that, talking and reacting and actually responding to viewers would be too exhausting. I have aspergers so i don't have the instincts for that.
As for roleplaying as a job, that could be interesting but usually you have to combine it with being a youtuber or actor in some manner to actually make it a job and i don't think i have the skills for that.
I don't know if i have days where i want to be left all alone but there are days filled with apathy and then there are days where i want to do nothing but empty my mind and embrace nothingness/eternity.

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 00:21:52 )
I see. Yes, that's true. I wouldn't be able to hold up being a youtuber either. At least not on my own. I would need to do it with a friend or a group. I can barely even talk to a camera and if I do, I look back at the video and just tell myself how horrible I look.

I always wanted to be a voice actor too for anime or cartoons but that would also be hard with not being sociable. As you put it, everything is exhausting. For people with social issues, just talking to others in person and holding a normal conversation is exhausting.

Actually, phone calls are also terrible. I have a phobia of talking on the phone.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 09:27:26 )

@Kiri: Phone isn't as terrible for me, you don't need to see or smell anyone else and you are just one button away from having them leave you alone. I mean if it's an official meeting or important info being exchanged over the phone it's still exhausting but more managable than meeting in person.
I can't make many voices and i can't hold a tune, so voice actor even if it sounds interesting is not a possibility for me.

Voltie — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 15:09:13 )
Henlo lads

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 17:17:31 )

Hallå person!

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 00:21:14 )

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 00:22:01 )

Hello Peachy!

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 00:24:58 )

Hey!
How’s it been??
:valhappy:

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 00:34:58 )

So so, sick for a bit and stung by wasps today. Too bad we didn't win the contest even with so many chances between us.

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 01:59:00 )
@Monorea: I always think I sound ridiculous on the phone and that I will stutter. I get so nervous that I panic before making any calls and I write scripts for myself so I can read it to the other person. I'm actually better with people in person than on the phone, but not by much.

I have a great singing voice, but it doesn't really matter because my personality is so bad that I will never make it anyway. You have to at least fake being sociable and I can't even do that.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 09:47:48 )

@Kiri: I don't write scripts but when i talk to people tend to think about what i am going to say otherwise a related word might replace the word i'm trying say or if i think about several things they might get mashed together when i try to say them. I am not nervous when i talk it just my brain that is being silly sometimes with words.

Have other people told you you have a great singing voice or is it your opinion? Because you can't judge your own voice.

Voltie — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 13:44:07 )
Back again lads
Goodbye Have a beautiful time!

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 14:06:05 )

Omg. That sounds horrible.

I was a little salty ngl.

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 14:33:19 )
@Monorea: Many people have said my voice is beautiful. It is I who thinks the voice in my head sounds better than the one I have heard in recordings of it XD

I have videos of me singing on youtube if you were ever interested in watching one.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 15:05:52 )

@Peachy: Yeah it felt like us two together had more than half the chances and then someone with just one won it. Disappointing but that is how chance works.
@Kiri: Nah i will trust you, do hope you get some use out of your voice tho.

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 15:15:25 )
@Monorea: I hope so, but I doubt it. My nerves cannot handle it all that well. I did grow up taking singing lessons and I performed in talent shows and had solos in chorus, but every time before I would go on, I would be freaking out that I would forget the lyrics or my voice would crack. There were times that my voice did crack because it was shaking due to me being nervous and I believe that is why I didn't win in the end. That is why I would like to be a voice actor/singer and not an on stage singer with a record deal. I cannot handle all the people staring at me.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 15:18:22 )

@Kiri: You did talk about youtube and there are many musical content creators so maybe that would be a path?

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 15:21:56 )
@Monorea: Yes, but as I said, I tried sharing my channel but no one views my videos so I can't get started. That's probably because I don't write lyrics and all I do is sing already existing songs. Also, I don't have any of the equipment so the quality isn't great. That's probably why too. I just use my computer for the video and audio. No great microphone or camera. As we talked about before, it's kind of exhausting and annoying. Youtube, I mean. I tried keeping up with making lots of videos and posting them, but I got sick of it and how no one viewed my videos, so I gave up XD
This is my topic in the Exchange. Please go buy my items. I have old crate items and orb items for sale.

https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7218/#666694

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/17 15:25:55 )

@Kiri: Youtube does bully content creators a bit but having a decent set up is fairly essential to get people to watch and you need to get your name out there which means before one start one should have a good chunk of good quality content and know people that can promote you for a while at least like other youtubers and even then it usually takes a few years before a channel gets any traction. So yeah it's not an easy place to succeed in.
Edit: And lets not forget one should have video editing skills and actually use that on the video and not just have a recording of onself.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.