Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/19 20:02:34 )

[x]

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 07:17:37 )
I make my own costume every year, usually last-minute. Last year I was Princess Carolyn just because I found a passable pink wig. Starting projects way late fuels you to greatness... you'll find more creativity when forced to come up with quick solutions. Crunch time is a magical time.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 02:41:00 )
I would love to make my own costume!
I just have to decide what i'm going to be first. I want to be cheesy and do a family costume, but my hubs is anti-costume.

The tail looks great so far!
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 04:36:02 )

[x]

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 04:58:03 )
@Apollo Im Burning: If you finish it all, I'd love to see it once finished. I'd love to make my own but I haven't in years. I was working on a skirt for a friend years ago, for it to go with a corset that I bought her. but she forgot about it.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 05:04:37 )

[x]

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 05:32:35 )
@Apollo Im Burning: I was also working on a skirt for halloween time years ago but then I realized that there was a lot of harley quinns running around in my town. so i did my own face makeup and I was a Zombie licking candyblood off my face

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 05:46:51 )
I won't really be doing anything for Halloween since Nekocon badge pickup is the next day, but I managed to dig my Stein cosplay out of the closet, so I guess I'll be doing that at some point during the weekend...? :viosweat:
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 08:18:33 )
I was going to go as Loki this year, until I realized that I work on Halloween, and 14+ hours shifts in full-out leather would be pretty unpleasant. I still might do a simpler version of it. Boring old corporate Loki? XDD;; In a suit.... hmm....

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 10:34:01 )
@Apollo Im Burning: My personal best, time wise, was a fifteen minute hamburgler costume I pulled out one year when I had no chance to go shopping... Easy enough for a woman who always has a hamburger shaped hat within reach. Took me about an hour to make last years costume, and usually no more than that if I've got mostly makeup to worry about. Spent a short week on my Barbariana costume, and it was by far the best I've done,

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 20:17:21 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 20:42:32 )
@Apollo Im Burning: all once there all done, ahh years a ago there was a costume shop in my town it isn' around anymore sadly. but they sold me some candy blood it was sweet like candy tasted like cherries. I also bought liquid latex from them. which I need to buy more again someday.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 21:47:32 )
@Apollo Im Burning: It is an amazing hat. Its the hat I was wearing when I got engaged. I DO have those pics, I'll try to make a collage and get back to you :)
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 19:56:43 )
Yeah, I was thinking of making a Wirt costume from Over The Garden Wall
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 06:19:42 )
This year I really want to be a plague doctor but most of the plague doctor costumes out there with all the pieces included aren't very well-done, so yeah I'm kind of making my own. That is to say, I'm buying all the pieces of the costume separately. I found a mask and robe online, and at the Halloween store I got some black gloves and a... wooden stick thing? And that will basically be my costume. In my freshman year of high school I was Wario and I had to modify a store-bought costume for that to work, since the only Wario costume in the Halloween store was a kid's size. It fit me at the torso but the leg part was too tight so I had to buy some purple fabric and redo that bit. It was one of my best costumes, I just wish I had gotten better pictures of it at the time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.