Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature I got more books!!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/17 17:05:07 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

I got back into reading during the summer and since then have read quite a bit... I needed to get some new stuff so I splurged since I just got my first pay from my new job. I haven't bought books in over a year!

I got the first library edition of Lumberjanes, Kim&Kim vol 2, Spell on Wheels, Take Me With You, Heavy Vinyl, The Witch Boy, The Legend of Korra vol 3, The Prince and The Dressmaker and Annex. So a bunch of comics/graphic novels, one novel and a poetry book.

I'm SOOOOOO excited!

Do ya'll have any book recommendations? I need to add more to my wishlist for the next time I pick stuff in.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/18 05:20:45 )
I haven't bought any books in a little while. But I've been reading a lot lately. Reading the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher currently; been enjoying the series so far.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 04:31:51 )
@Kay: Oh! I think I've heard of that before... What's it about?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 16:05:46 )

@Kay: Some day we'll get Peace Talks. I have to keep telling myself that.

Recently I just got finished reading Dead Rules by Randy Russell, which is about a ghost teen who loves her boyfriend so much she wants to kill him so they'll be together as ghosts. And you can tell that it was written by a dude that doesn't understand teen girls. It's from her point of view for the most part, and it's kind of interesting even though it is vaguely sexist in a few places.

The Dresden Files is a series of urban fantasy books written by Jim Butcher. It's about a wizard named Harry Dresden, who acts like a private investigator and gets caught up in all kinds of shit.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 05:38:25 )
I'm only up to book eight. Just finished that, ordered the next two books on Amazon. I'll probably find something else to read while I wait.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 21:28:32 )
I just finished the third part of The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars and it was great. I want more! Going to start reading Spell on Wheels now. o wo
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 17:09:16 )
I forgot about The Dresden Files... Someone recommended that series to me forever ago and I completely forgot about it. There's a TV series, too, right?

I'm reading "Pines," but the writing is so odd (I hesitate to say "bad," because I think he's doing it intentionally...). It's about a Secret Service agent who wakes up in a town he can't escape from. The people have to live where they are told, work jobs they are placed in, and form relationships with people they are "assigned" to. I think I'd be more into it, but I watched the TV series so I know exactly where it's going. lol The pace is also terribly slow. They made a single season of the TV show using the entire book trilogy! XD I can't say I recommend it at this point. The author has good ideas but I don't feel he's a very good writer.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 17:38:02 )

@Eldweena: There was a tv series, it wasn't very good though. The books however are amaze balls. It has a comic series as well.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 08:17:50 )
There's a comic series too?

I'll have to look for those later once I'm done with the books. Just started book 9.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 18:03:14 )

@Kay: There is indeed a comic series.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.