Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk If you could live anywhere were would you live?

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 18:50:50 )

@Robyn: Oh my gosh, it's so expensive the day of, or right before. When I was a student I would try to get make tickets as far enough in advance as I could!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 18:58:50 )
@Totalanimefan: A couple days before normally, i'll nag him like a week or two before.. But he never listens. smh

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 19:00:16 )

@Robyn: The few times I went from Preston to London I would book it as early as possible because it would go from like 30 Quid to like 80+Quis 0-0

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 20:31:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I know right! The difference, but its like if he doubts i'm coming down or not, even though I've already booked the time off half a year beforehand.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 21:37:01 )

@Robyn: Ugh that's so annoying. Doesn't he know by now that things have been to booked in advance haha
Like I'm looking for flights for Thanksgiving, which is in late Nov. If I don't they are gonna be like $500 a ticket.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 21:40:21 )
@Totalanimefan: Ooooh, are you going anywhere fun?

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 22:29:26 )

@Robyn: Well the holiday, Thanksgiving, is all about sitting around the table with friends and/or family that you really care about. So I'm going to see my mom's side on of the family. They live in Pennsylvania. I live in California. It's a long and expensive plane flight, but it's so worth it.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 22:30:28 )

@Totalanimefan: Like a mini family reunion. :velvethappy:

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 22:32:31 )

@Robyn: YES! My mom's side of the family is so big. She is one of 6 kids, and all of those people have kids and some have grandkids.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 22:34:20 )

@Totalanimefan: WOAH, you're gunna get lost in a crown of people..

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 22:35:22 )

@Robyn: I know, there are a lot of us when we all get together lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/31 22:37:47 )

My families kinda small, with my mum and dad being ones of two.. So one uncle and aunt.. If that made sense.

Just chillin'

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 06:06:14 )
Because I was an overseas immigrant, with my mother's family having disowned her during pregnancy and my father and his brother fighting right before we flew over here, I grew up with just my father, mother and twin brother. So I never had family reunions. But my mother has my brother and I bring our families over during Thanksgiving and Christmas. My brother and his wife have 4 kids, I have 11 (of which only two are children I had with my current wife). So there's My mom, my step father, my brother, sister in law, their 4 kids, me, my wife, my oldest daughter and her husband, my second oldest, my third oldest, her boyfriend, their son and the other 8 of my children.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 05:06:36 )
I used to live in California and I miss it terribly. I just feel healthier there than in this small Southern town where I am now. I used to be able to walk to everything, go to the beach every day. Recycling is easy and everyone uses their own shopping bags instead of plastic bags that hurt the environment. Where I live now, you absolutely must own a car. Crime is rampant. Flooding is frequent. The bugs...omg, they are huge and in swarms day and night.

Don't get me wrong, I actually love it here. But if I had been able to keep my old job and stayed where I was on the West Coast, I would have. And I'd go back in a heartbeat, if I hadn't already bought a house here and didn't already have a steady job and pets to worry about and a family to consider uprooting. Plus the idea of a serious earthquake and droughts/fires really do upset me. So I suppose I'll stay where I am.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.