Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing ~Romance Under The Sea~ [re-do! again!]

Donator — She, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/23 19:43:32 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene watched her go and smiled,"I thought that would make her day." She said before looking at Nathan,"I do kinda wish you would come with us...it wont be as fun without you. But I do understand." She started to head to the castle too, waiting for Nathan to catch up.

but living takes true courage.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 00:57:58 )
Nathan couldn't help the small smirk on his face. "..I'll think about it." He murmured quietly before nodding and following Sirene back to the castle.

Once they arrived, the three of them, the king of the castle, and the adviser sat down at the table together to eat lunch. The king stayed quiet as he noticed his daughter looking quite cheerful, then glanced at Sirene with a warm smile. "It's good to see you again, Sirene. I'm assuming you all had a good swim?" Nathan blinked and poked his salad, not sure of what to say.

Donator — She, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 02:50:50 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene nodded,"Yes, Sir." She said,"Natalie and I are going out for the day tomorrow for a girl's day out. I found some new places to explore that we got really excited about. I'm hoping to find some unique shells or little things I can use to make things with." She ate with them quietly, making conversation if anything had been said to her, of course not mentioning what they had been out doing. She didn't want to risk her friendship with Natalie if they knew that she was taking her to the human town the next day.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 04:02:55 )
Their father offered the young mermaid a warm smile and nodded. "I think that would be a very good idea. My daughter seems to have her mind elsewhere this afternoon." He said casually, causing Natalie to blush. "Father, please! It's just been too long since the last girls day out we had together." She explained with a smile. Nathan quietly ate his salad.

Donator — She, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 20:41:36 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene was thankful Nathan wasn't going to tattle on her. Or at least... she hoped he wouldn't. She and Natalie didn't go up to the human world every day or something, but she remembered how protective the King and Queen were of Natalie and to a lesser degree, Nathan. "It has been a long while since we've last done so." Sirene said, feeling a bit guilty,"It's been a little hard for me the last few days... A bad breakup had been bothering me... One I never mentioned to Natalie and Nathan until just now..."

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 21:57:56 )
The king offered her a fatherly smile when she spoke, and Natalie gave her friend a worried look. "I'm very sorry to hear that, Sirene." He said softly/ Nathan blinked suddenly and glanced around. "Hey- where's mother?" He asked curiously, causing his sister to gasp quietly. "That's right! I can't believe I didn't notice!" She mused, glancing at her father. The king chuckled and shrugged lightly. "She went to have a bit of 'girls time' herself." He explained. Natalie pouted some, then continued to eat. She wouldn't nag Sirene about the troubling break-up now. Nathan lightly pushed his plate aside and slowly got up from the table. "Excuse me." He murmured quietly before swimming off to his room or somewhere else in the castle.

Donator — She, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:03:53 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene blinked, watching Nathan go off. She also got up,"Please excuse me. I'll be right back." She said. She swam off, following Nathan. She wanted to make sure he was okay, as it wasn't like him to leave dinner so unexpectedly,"Nathan?" She called out, first checking his room to see if he was there,"Nathan...?"

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 01:18:33 )
(they were having lunch, luv :;p )

Their father simply nodded, then glanced to his daughter who silently watched them both swim off. "..I know it upsets him. He deeply cares for her.. He just won't admit it." She murmured softly before slowly finishing her lunch.

Nathan was in his room, just laying in his bed and thinking about what he'd like to do to every guy that ever hurt Sirene. She was't just their best friend, she.. He blinked and sat up when he heard her voice. He swam from the bed and over to his desk, just so she couldn't see his face. He didn't like her seeing him when he was upset. It always worried her, that'd he go off and do something dangerous. "In here.." He murmured quietly.

Donator — She, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 01:32:35 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene swam inside after finding him,"Are you alright?" She asked him softly, gently resting a hand on his back,"Is this because I didn't tell you guys about the break up?" She looked down,"I just didn't want to bore you with the same old story it always ends up turning into. I know you guys have your own things to worry about and mine felt so stupid and worthless, so I just...didn't say... If it's because of that, I'm sorry... I wasn't trying to upset you."She gently rubbed his back, waiting for him to reply.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:06:36 )
Nathan shook his head as she spoke and only lowered his head more, allowing his hair to cover his eyes. "That's not.. It's not because you didn't tell us.." He tensed a little at her negative words and slowly looked up at her before placing his hands on her shoulders. "Don't give me that, Sirene.. You know neither of us think that. I'm more upset that you're still letting guys mistreat you." He pulled back and averted his eyes. "Half the mermen around here don't deserve you.. You're too good for them. I'd like to-" He cut himself off before it slipped out that he wanted to punch the merman that hurt her. "..I'm sorry. I just worry. You're not just our best friend.. You're family.."

Donator — She, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:22:22 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene watched him sadly,"Well to be honest, I've only been trying to use them as a distraction." She admitted to him,"But that is just because the one I really do care for would never feel the same." She swam towards the door to his room,"I kept hoping one of them, any of them, would help me get over this person...but they don't."

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:35:36 )
Nathan frowned some at her words. She was doing exactly the same thing as him, running away from their true love in fear of being rejected. He didn't exactly hook up with other mermaids though.. It was different. He was flirt, but they never got together long enough for even a break-up, really. He usually got one date, then they parted ways. But.. Sirene.. He hated seeing her so upset. Without really thinking, he swam after her and lightly grabbed her hand. "How do you know, if you've never said anything?"

Donator — She, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:52:48 )
You can die anytime...

"Because I just cant bare the thought of losing them..." Sirene sighed quietly,"They are that important to me..." She sighed and wiped away tears of frustration, "I'm tempted just to give up the whole idea and accept that a relationship just isnt happening for me..."

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:57:25 )
Nathan blinked when she spoke, and slowly let go of her hand. "I understand.. I have someone as well.. Risking our friendship just seems impossible.." He lowered his eyes briefly, then loosely hugged her. "Don't give up.. If not for yourself, then for Natalie. My sister has already given up on finding anyone, I'm sure you've noticed.."

Donator — She, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:59:34 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene hugged him gently,"I want to tell them." She murmured,"I really do..." She sighed,"Nsthan...I mean you." She murmured quietly, waiting for the rejection she felt would be coming her way. She helped they would still at least be friends...

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 03:11:39 )
Nathan stared at her for a moment, as if frozen. She..him? Were his ears playing trick on him, or was this a =nother one of his dreams? No.. It definitely wasn't a dream. "Me...?" He asked softly. She was the prettiest, smartest, most caring mermaid he'd ever met, and she was choosing a knuckle-headed trouble-making merman like himself? Nathan felt a smile tug at the corners of his lips and gently pressed his lips against hers.

Donator — She, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 19:25:49 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene smiled, blushing lightly as she kissed him back gently, holding his hands. She was a bit shocked that he liked her too in that way. She was thankful for that. She knew Natalie knew she had loved Nathan, so when she would find this out, she would probably be excited about it too. After a few moments, she pulled away,"Want to go finish lunch?" She asked with a smile.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 19:34:08 )

Nathan only pulled away when the kiss was broken, and he couldn't help the smirk on his face. She really like him.. Him, of all the mermans who same in around in their ocean. Nathan held her a little longer before she spoke, and he shook his head. "I still don't have much of an appetite.. I need to ask you- why me..? I've got to be the most hot-headed, ill-tempered prince in the seven seas." They were total opposites! But that's part of what caused him to fall for her. No matter what, she was always with him and kind to others.

Donator — She, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 19:42:14 )
You can die anytime...

"Even so, you were always here for me... always... No matter how low I felt in my life... Heck there was even that time Natalie didn't even want to talk to me...And you were still there..." She kissed his cheek gently,"There was never anyone else I could ever REALLY imagine being with... I just tried to distract myself from these feelings but I'm tired of trying... I'm tired of looking for something I already found in other people that would never measure up..."

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 19:50:18 )

Nathan smirked some still, gently resting his chin on top of her head. "We're two sides of the same coin.. Aren't we? We both tried to use other mermaids or mermans to distract ourselves from each other." He mused quietly with a chuckle before kissing her forehead, "I'd still like to the so the last guy a thing or two for hurting you.. That's why I've gotten into so many fights. Seeing them mistreat you. I'd do the same for my sister, but you.." He held her a bit tighter. "I couldn't understand how anyone could hurt you." He murmured into her soft hair. "I won't let anyone else hurt you.. I promise."

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.