Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I got a letter for that?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/28 20:59:00 )
So, we have a very strict HOA at my house and we just got a letter saying that we were "impeding on our neighbors rights to a beautiful view" by allowing grass to grow in the lines of our driveway and that we needed to fix it immediately.

#1- we didn't even see it until we got the letter.
#2- our cars cover it.
#3- our neighbors don't care.

Our HOA has a guy drive around once a month and write letters to everyone that has violations.

Our neighbors have gotten a letter for leaving their trash can out for 1 day after the trash ran. They've also received a certified letter delivered to their door for the same issue AND THEN the HOA turned around and billed them for the letter service.

I just can't help but to laugh and roll my eyes.
Get a life.
If you can see grass on my driveway, then you're too close to my house.

Also, if grass and trash cans are your biggest issues, then I wish I had your life.

We're gonna fix it, but man.. that is not a big deal.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/29 16:08:10 )
HOAs are notorious for that kind of thing. Their aim is a cookie-cutter, opening-scene-in-a-movie kind of neighbourhood which, realistically speaking, isn't all that practical. I've seen people get complaints because their trash cans were visible from the road--they had to build a taller fence. The guy cut the wood into the shape of a middle finger lolol

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/29 16:32:19 )
We'll carry on

I first read that as "our cats cover it"

But yeah, I had a letter like that before. Our back garden wasn't visible for anyone and you had to go through some serious trouble to get there. We then got a letter that there were 2 bicycles in the garden (oh my) and some scooter parts (my brother was fixing his scooter and had a few old parts that were laying in the garden.
We had to clean it up in a week or else... we didn't. We just put another lock on the fence. Never heard anything about it again.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.