Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Opossum and Raccoons

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/19 05:58:15 )
So we had a big opossum in our yard month ago tonight I saw this opossum not so big anymore, she had a cute little baby opossum with her.

We also have had a big raccon in our yardbut the racoon isn't big anymore she had about four babies with her and her other half along the last time I saw the raccoon family.

I always make sure my male cat is inside the house, we have had a fox near our yard. But opossum's and raccoon's they don't get along with one another, and they don't like cats. There both afraid of cat's for some reason not too sure on why.

I haven't seen the deer in sometime now. It is probably eating the grass and berries, twigs, ect.

Please don't post anything cruel about these animals, I love animals and all sorts of other things really. And I know that everyone has their own oppinion. But please don't.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/19 06:31:08 )

I FRIGGING LOVE POSSUMS AND RACCOONS
they're so cute, I used to want a raccoon as a pet until I got older and realized they were legit wild animals and don't really belong in households, and for possums I just want people to stop thinking they're gross and think of them as cute animals they should leave to their own business ^^~

and dang you have a LOT of wild small critters around your house! o: I can't tell if you're lucky or not
are they fairly destructive to your neighborhood? and it's good that you're considerate of them instead of just chasing them off <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/19 23:44:41 )
@Deaa: there not destructive, I take food out for all of them to eat.
I share with them, when no one else will eat what we have to eat.

I am nice to all of the wild life, possums are good they eat ticks, and they don't get sick
from whatever the tick carries. which is good, because the ticks are very bad this year sadly.
seeing the baby possum last night I wanted to hold it. it looked like a baby weasel. lots of babies

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/21 00:59:51 )

Kitties attack opossums and racoons actually, so that's probably why they don't like cats.

However there's a story my uncle told me (so I take it with a grain of salt), that he woke up one morning to see a possum snuggling with our cats to keep warm.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/22 00:32:50 )

@unicorn: oh that's great! so they just hang around them and eat trash and bugs?
that doesn't sound like a bad addition to a neighborhood at all!

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/22 00:40:39 )
we have this big, fluffy raccoons at the camp i work at and my boss likes to feed them. we also feed the chipmunks and squirrels!~
call me grem
they/them

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/22 19:49:19 )
@Another Movie Addict: I doubt a possum would snuggle anything unless it was a rescue.

But this is why I make sure my cat is inside, before it gets dark outside.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/22 19:53:21 )
@Deaa: they don't eat any trash unless they can't find any of what I put out for them, they love pizza, hotdogs, bread, popcorn.

@nyreen: it is fun feeding the raccoons so that is very cool, alone with the squirrels. I've never been able to feed a chipmunk.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.