Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I am sick and tired

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/28 14:20:31 )

of my parents complaining if I end up buying something and I don't use it enough. Do you know how many books they have upstairs that they have never read? And you never here me saying anything about it.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/28 15:16:34 )
A big part of adulthood is spending money on things you cant afford. Usually for me those things are bills. You deserve to get something that makes you happy every so often.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/28 18:03:13 )
I always feel like I have to justify my purchases to myself. My justification is based on use.
If I buy a $20 shirt, I'd better wear that thing AT LEAST 20 times.

If it's their money, maybe they feel like they aren't getting their money's worth on the item if it's not getting enough usage.
I know it's a little hypocritical because of the things they aren't using either, but that might be their mindset.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/29 04:49:23 )

My dad is bad about that; I had to justify my PS4 to him for hours before he'd accept the fact that I had spent money on a console. ._.
I get it that you should get use out of the things you buy, but I totally understand how frustrating it is when someone is criticizing you're choices too. :/

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.