Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 22:40:02 )

We have a huge area full of wild blackberries, and I am super excited. Soon they'll be ready to cook into things like pies and cakes. Right now mostly just green berries, but there's a few black ones here and there. So maybe another week or so and there'll be enough to make a pie with. -squees-

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 22:43:18 )
wild blackberries are great. o: We've got tonnnns of them around here.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 22:55:28 )
November 2017 - February 2018
Oh nice. Blackberries are delicious. I have some blackberries and some mulberries around my place.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 23:13:10 )

The blackberries are the only thing I like about Summer here.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/24 01:42:14 )

Omg yes cooking with wild food is the best! It's organic and you know it's super fresh! Bet that pie is gonna be kick ass!
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/24 02:20:29 )

Num num! Blackberries are delicious and nothing beats fresh, scratch made food!

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/24 02:24:58 )

@Vii: I'm so excited to make that pie. >w<

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/24 11:55:55 )

I'm waiting for my blackberries to get flowers. The strawberries do start to have flowers now, so, soon enough, I will have strawberries from my garden.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/24 18:45:20 )
November 2017 - February 2018
Understandable. Summertimes here aren't very pleasant either.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 01:16:37 )
Wild blackberries are so nice and sweet. Around here we mostly have the bigger invasive kind and the little native guys are a great treat
previously keef with a k

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 08:36:37 )
Blackberries are delicious. We have a lot of wild foods in my yard, which makes me wonder if the people who owned this house before me were naturalists, or just really super lucky. :3
Let’s see.... pear tree, apple treee, black raspberries, red raspberries, garlic mustard, dandelions, roses, wild grapes, wild carrots, and a random blueberry bush that someone planted (maybe by accident) in the exact center of my yard. XDD;; Thanks a lot. Makes for a lot of detours while mowing. LOL

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 11:21:40 )

@Kozi: o.o thats a lot of free food! And some of those are crazy expensive to get in the store. Wish we had dandelions, we just have the poisonous lookalike.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 12:25:00 )
@Another Movie Addict: Dandelions will take over your yard in this region if you’re not careful, but so far I haven’t seen that other imposter. XDD;; I feed most of them to my chickens, since they will overgrow otherwise. They LOOOOOOVE them!

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 12:57:32 )

@Kozi: I've had dandelion soda before, and it was pretty good. Also had dandelion tea, but yeah I can't make that for myself. The only wild foods we have that can be eaten are the blackberries as I've mentioned, and wild grapes.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.