Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat World Goth Day

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 02:20:11 )

I wasn't even aware it was a holiday until today, but I'm glad I didn't miss it. Happy Goth Day to all you fellow Creatures of the Night! ^-^

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 02:50:41 )
I was a glitter goth in high school and am now a proud metalhead. There's a meme with cats out there somewhere about people who wear black that is so accurate...

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 03:25:57 )

Thats the one <3

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 06:00:35 )

Awwww yisss I love that meme! I'm stuck somewhere between Fancy and Sparkle. xD I love metal but am a very soft bean

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 07:09:35 )

@Glume: while the metal one looks all wild and dangerous, they are really caring and loving. I've been to many metal concerts and, one time, I stood on something sharp and said 'ouch'. Panic all around, because 'omg someone is in pain'.
You don't see that sort of caring outside of rock or metal concerts.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 07:59:45 )
Fancy dress goth present! At least when i’m darker in nature.
... Otherwise it’s very cutesy stuff. XDD;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 08:13:45 )
@Tuijp: Literally what I tell everyone. When I talk to young ladies all they want to do is "go to the club" and I'm like.. as a matter of personal safety: If I fall asleep in a club I will probably get molested in some way. If I fall asleep at a metal show, I'll have five big dudes check on me and two silently watching over me wile I snooze. Yes, I have fallen asleep at a metal show before :p

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 08:32:12 )

@Glume: so have I. Just to wake up with a huge coat over me and a rolled up sweater under my head.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 08:52:38 )
@Tuijp: I saw a girl get her tubetop pulled down by someone who lost his metal card. A wall of actual metalheads formed around her, facing out, giving her privacy while she fixed her situation. I saw a girl in a miniskirt have something decidedly unwanted happen to her while crowdsurfing, and the entire band stopped what they were doing to get the offender out of the premises I have no idea how that guy made it out of the show alive let alone unharmed, but the shame he will feel being called out by his idols and all their fans will leave an impression.
You should see these guys around cats and dogs, too. So adorable.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 09:10:09 )

@Glume: yeah there are a few things you shouldn't do or say at metal concerts/meetings. Harassing people is one of them. Also never say that your underpants are uncomfy, because someone will off er you other underpants.
Funniest was after a concert of Seether. I was front stage there and had a moshpit behind me. I was holding the fence and 2 girls were in front of me. I was taking the blows of the mostpit. After, I saw the and outside and talked to their drummer about the drumkit he was using at the moment. He then told me how he was keeping an eye on me and the guy next to me, because of that moshpit. He and the bassist then checked my back, to see if it was ok and gave me a massage.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 13:17:10 )

Oh neat! This is really cool!

Great Meme, Glume!

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 14:50:18 )
November 2017 - February 2018
That's right, it was yesterday wasn't it? I'm not goth myself, but I have a friend who is in the subculture, so I know a bit about it. I kept thinking yesterday was a special event, but couldn't remember. Well, I know what that was now. Haha.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 22:15:36 )

Can confirm, metalheads are the best and I love them. I always feel safe at metal concerts. The people are always so cool, too! They'll always stop what they're doing to make sure everyone is okay and are great at watching out for each other.
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 23:51:52 )

I don't even know what kind of goth I was in high school, or what kind I am now. XD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.