Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Pantry Dump Dinners.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 01:48:34 )
For when you really need to not buy groceries, either for budget reasons, something may go bad soon, or needing to keep it empty for soon-to-be moving reasons.

What has been some of the weirdest stuff you've had to do?

Current;
Beer mac n' cheese with thai curry powder and thick yellow curry paste in it.

This KO'd the beer mac mix and curry paste, at least...

Edit;
IT IS FUCKING DELICIOUS. HOW.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 02:26:51 )
I came up with one of my favorite meals when I was too poor to buy groceries.

2 years ago, my job paid once a month instead of twice a month. We budgeted really well, but there were always times when a bill came out of our account early or something came up and we had to get really creative with food while holding out until the next check.

Minute rice with rotel and various seasonings boiled in chicken broth instead of water, grilled chicken on the george foreman, and refried beans. I made the rice again tonight!

I also got creative with what I had.... I learned how to make biscuits from scratch with very few ingredients. I learned how to make cookies with no sugar or eggs... That was a fun time in life. /does not want to go back. haha!
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 02:27:37 )
I fry top ramen, crack an egg or two into it, and coat it in way too much Parmesan cheese.
Bonus Round!!!
Brownie Pie: Make brownies in a pie crust, put marshmallows all over the top halfway through baking.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 02:35:21 )
... I buy 20lb bags of sushi rice for $11. xD; I have a nice rice cooker.

ANYTHING IS GOOD OVER RICE. ANYTHING.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 02:52:43 )
SirLionelNigelConrad:
Misread as panty dump dinners.

I've never had to go that route, but if you want some quality ramen I get this shit called Nissin Raoh. On Amazon it is kind of expensive but I get big packs of it at Cost co for about $1 a pack in a box.

Shit is actually made in Japan and comes with some sauce packets that make it taste like actual Japanese ramen. Even with the ridiculous Amazon price of $2 a pack this shit is good.

https://www.amazon.com/Nissin-Raoh-Tonkotsu-3-53-Ounce/dp/B079T2XXBM/?th=1

I live near a multitude of large-chain Asian grocers... xD A whole section filled with frozen noodles, sections of dry noodles, sections of cup ramens, all kinds of stuff.
Also Pixel on Solia.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 14:02:17 )
This has been our food situation for about two weeks now. Honestly, i’m quite over it, by now. XDDD;;
Also, you suck for having asian stores nearby. Yes, i’m jealous. XDD;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 14:24:20 )

Took me a while to realise it said "Pantry Dump" and not "Panty Dump" o.o

Anyroad:
Kebab pocket bread with grilled cheese and garlic sauce.
After the gastrointestinal perforation last year, I can't eat a lot of meat at once anymore. I had a few of the pocket breads left and all I had to put on it was cheese. For some reason, I decided to try some garlic sauce on it and it was perfect.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 14:48:25 )

Most of my pantry dump dinners end up as some sort of beans-and-veggie concoction served over rice or noodles, or the old staple Garbage Soup xD I try to always keep some broth handy for that particular reason.

Always feels good clearing out the pantry/fridge tho so I can restock it and actually have room.

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.