Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 03:39:24 )
@Siron: I'm a firm lover of all things gaming, and you're right it was similar to that... until we took a side quest to find chickens for the cook for about half an hour.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 04:01:08 )

@Siron: Whoop, Late Reply. Honestly, I Used To Have To Stalk A Forum For A Response. ;o; So Much Time Gone
Its Great When Theres A Few Nice People, Especially When They Make It Easy To Talk To Them. Big Confidence
Boost. Yeah, Im Hoping This Site Stays Really Friendly Even After They (Hopefully) Get Popular. ;u;
I Always Wanna Do More Animations For The Pixels Buuuttt. I Have Little Patience. Honestly The
Only Reason I Do Animate Them Is Cause Theres So Little I Need To Change Per Layer. ^^'

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 04:01:18 )
@Saeyra: Totally agreed on that, loved it so much!
The voice acting is indeed amazing, also love the narrator and some of the comments it makes when you try to use certain things is just perfect.
It's got the right amount of humor to it as well!

Tbh I have to do another playthrough but I got attached to characters and that makes it so much harder to do cause i can't imagine traveling without them.
Some choices had me pause the game for like half an hour.
and probably also do all things i either missed or accidentally forgot about.
At first i had a little trouble with the fighting system but once i got the hang of it it was so much fun!
Realized halfway through that some kind of mobility or teleport spell is very important though, idk how I went so long without it :')
But the fact you've got so many playing styles and clever ways to work around things, it's ridiculous (in the best way)!
It's the kind of game that left me empty after finishing it :')

@Glume: It's the little things that add the extra dimension to it, right? (:
That sounds like a really fun sidequest tbh, especially if there's one character that can be a little goofy.
I can only imagine. :')

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 04:14:36 )
@Godawful: ahh i didn't notice this post until i posted the other one ;o;
I'd do the same though, just to be sure i don't accidentally ignore someone, rip
I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised the welcome forum is this active! I would've never expected so many replies
(real happy about it though)
And I do hope so too! Of course when the crowds come in there will always be people that don't really feel like contributing to the friendly atmosphere, if you catch my drift, but it the majority stays like this, I think this place will do just fine ;v;

If you ever decide to do so I'd love to see the new animations! ;3;

I'm really gonna sleep now though, inb4 i only get 2 hours of sleep :^)
Would it be alright if I added you?

--
Also @ the rest cause it would probably be awkward to go and ping you all separately, would it be okay if I added you guys?
or idk since im going to sleep, feel free to add me!
Would be nice to have some friends around ^^

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 04:15:19 )
@Siron: Haha you are so right! I love how the narrator describes how people look at you funny when you do something weird. It really feels awkward! I love Fane so much with his faceripper. and the Red Prince, its so hard to choose who to take with you honestly, especially since they react to each other alot. The combat wasn't hard for me because I played the first game (also highly recommend it) But yeah the second game just blew my mind with everything! I did get attached to my travelling companions and finishing the game feels like saying goodbye.. I never wanted it to end I was like..is this the last chapter how many more do I have left? Oh no!
Since you like that game so much, I recommend you keep an eye out for Pillars of Eternity 2 which is coming out soon. The voice acting and story of the first one was also phenomenal.

and yes lets definitely be friends!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 05:42:17 )

@Siron: Lol Its All Good. I Was Driving Around Anyways So I Wouldnt Have Seen It Right Away!
I Tend To Do That Sometimes Even Now, Just In Case I Dont Get A Notification. HAha
I Didnt Really Expect It To Be So Active Either? :o But It Seems Like The Site Is Still Relatively
Small, So It Makes Sense People Will Be Quick To Interact With Newcomers. I Know What You Mean
About Those Unfriendly Ones. Every Place HAs Them, Some Places Just Have More Than Others.
Thats The Downfall. But This Place Is Doing Well So Yeah, It Should Do Fine! ^^ If I Ever Add More
Ill Probably Drop Them All In PiCa Lol. Also, Rip! Hope You End Up With More Than 2 Hours. I Know
How Hard It Is To Function With So Little Sleep. ;w; And Of Course! Its Perfectly Fine To Add Me!
(Although Im Pretty Sure You'll Already Be Off By The Time I Reply So Imma Send You A Req. Rip)

P.S. Holy Crud That Is A Big Block Of Text. Im Not Normally That Chatty.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 06:57:17 )
@Siron: hey there! welcome to voltra!
call me grem
they/them

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 12:00:04 )
@Saeyra: Haha, i was doing my best to resists mentioning fane, his dialogue cracked me up numerous times!
( also Trompdoy :^) )
I also had Ifan and Lohse with me, the other was a custom character, felt like a band of misfits but it was the greatest thing!
And if possible i'll look into that! I heard some of the characters in 2 are in the other game as well?
And it did! :( Although there were several endings and some left me a little happier than others, but that moment i found out i could've done something better i was a little bummed but on the other hand it felt realistic cause the characters are still people and can't do everything right!
The soundtrack was absolutely beautiful as well! ;o;
Also talking about great narrators, you might already be familiar with this one but: The Stanley Parable!
I didn't play it myself but watched numerous playthroughs and it got me everytime! (:
And I'll keep an eye out for that game o:
Noticed that they also had to do with Fallout New Vegas (one of my favorite games!)

--
@Godawful: Better safe than sorry right? ;o;
The site is also rather new isn't it? Glad the first wave of people are this nice, it tends to make or break the foundation of the site indeed.
And I've bookmarked the thread! ;v;
And thanks haha, yep I ended up with 3-4 hours cause I took my pup with me inb4 he'd wake me an hour later cause he
A: hates the crate
and B: didn't do everything last time I let outside ;-;

ty for the req, already accepted! ^^
And I'll take that as a good sign haha. (:
Honestly I tend to be very shy at first but as soon as it seems like people are up for chatting I end to accidentally drop big boxes of text as well, oops :')
--
@nyreen: Hello there and thanks! ;v;
How are you doing?
(can you tell I've already found my favorite emote on this site?? oh my)

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 12:16:45 )
@Siron: I played with my hubby so, one char for him, I played Ifan, we took the Red Prince and Fane. I wanted to take as many story chars as possible :vanora_xd: I heard Lohse was pretty awesome and had to watch her song on youtube because I didnt take her on the playthrough. (I was too scared of her chaotic randomness)

Yeah 2 characters voiced by the same guy are returning for Pillars 2. I watch this D&D group called Critical Role where voice actors play D&D and every single one of them voices a character in Pillars of Eternity 2 so I am so super excited! And yep! Fallout, Star Wars: KotoR, Tyranny all really well written RPGs.

I actually haven't played the Stanley Parable :vanora_sweat:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 12:40:19 )
@Saeyra: Lohse is really good! She's a sweetheart!
I think it's all about how you deal with it? o:
I really enjoyed having her in my party, and her song was amazing!
but tbh I always play a goody two shoes so I don't know how things end up if you , y'know, take any other path. :vanora_sweat:
Even if i /tried/ to play evil i'd end up chaotic neutral at most :')
Oh i can recommend watching playthroughs if you didn't already! He's sarcastic , funny, and sassy too :')
Are you familiar with VTMB/ Vampire the masquerade bloodlines as well? It's from 2004 but it's kind of my favorite game tbh. ( spreading the word, lol ^^; )
It has some bugs, and on newer systems you'll need a patch, but it's still worth it after all this time.
Really wished it got more recognition. But they kinda released it on the same day as half life which is sad cause it was really good for it's time, still is imo.

Voice actors playing D&D? I mean, I'm not surprised but that sounds amazingly fun to watch!

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 12:56:22 )
@Siron: In the game Tyranny that I mentioned there is no option to be good, just evil and evil-er XD Its the only game I have played that's like that and I thought it was really cool. Since I am like you and automatically always choose the good path.

In both the Divinity games my hubby went crazy with the picpocketing. Whenever the stores refreshed he would pickpocket ALL the NPCs and I would go take a nap because everytime he got caught he had to reload and try again. I hated it but I have to admit, we were quite loaded after awhile. I will check out the playthroughs and also VTMB.

Yeah Critical Role is amazingly fun to watch! Its on Youtube! I would recommend starting with the second season though, they have brand new characters so you don't miss anything and a higher production quality. The voices they use really adds to the D&D experience. The DM is also a voice actor so he tries to make all the NPCs pretty unique and you easily know which one they are talking to.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 13:24:14 )
@Saeyra: That sounds like a challenge! ;o;
If i were to play that i can already hear my morality crying lol :')
I'm now following it on steam so i won't forget about it!

Tbh the last 'evil' thing I did was in Fallout NV but that was because it would lead to, imo, the best ending of a certain dlc
And i didn't want my character to pick sides and went like, well you're both gonna have to deal with it.
Without spoiling too much (just in case) I also picked that cause you can only get that ending with a certain trait, which i had :^)

Last time i played vtmb i somehow managed to get towards the endgame with, like, 100 exp points left to spend, idk how i did that cause the very first time i played I was really struggling haha. But that was years ago when i wasn't too familiar with it.
(invested too much in physical and social and forgot about the lockpicking and hacking skills, became way more tactical after that)

I've had my dumb moments in games, i once just completely forgot the right way in fallout new vegas, even though i had walked that road numerous times on other chars (ironically, i was playing a low intelligence character) end ended up spending 1,5 hour to get to the place while it could've been done in , like, 20 minutes? That probably was one of the funniest and most frustrating adventures i've had in that game.
I still have screens with the route i walked oh my, inner me is still crying about it.
Finally seeing Dinky the dinosaur in the distance was one of my happiest moments.

And I'm guessing the channel is called Geek & sundry? ;o;

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 17:00:11 )
@Siron: Haha yeah Tyranny makes you uncomfortable, you read the choices and are like really? No third option?....geez, what do I do now. We are always taught how to be good but how to be evil is completely uncharted territory for most people. (unless of course your dad is a mob boss)

Haha that story sounds like you got way too much into character! XD Don't you have a map?

And yeah its called Geek & Sundry. The have this giant custom made wooden D&D table with their logo in the middle, its so gorgeous. You would think with so many characters you won't get to see much character development but they are respectful and give everyone a chance to shine. Oh and a little tip, if you want to skip the adds and random talking they do, look for timestamps in the comments section. :vanora_smile:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 19:02:21 )
@Saeyra: Reminds of the
''no but actually yes'' ''yes'' and ''sarcastic yes'' meme lol.
It's interesting though, especially since, like you mentioned, it isn't wired into most of us it would be cool to see how one would react when confronted with only those choices ;o;
inb4 we all end up more evil than people who tend to take on the evil role naturally. :')

I had a map! But i was like, been there, done that and didn't read the quest again and it was only when i reached Novac when i saw the quest update;
''go to novac through nipton''
and that's when it hit me
I didn't go through nipton. :D
But also along the way i had come way too far to just turn around, eventually made it through because of sheer willpower haha.
look at this hot mess :

Subbed to them, will definitely give it a look when I find the time ;o;
Sounds amazing to have a group that's just that into it! And thanks for the timestamp tip!

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 21:38:52 )
@Siron: I think we will spend our entire game yelling "I'M SORRY!" at the screen, while just clicking random choices XD "Oh my god what have I done I am so sorry!" "Nothing personal!" "I really didn't mean to do that but I had no choice!" From what I understand you are trying to overthrow your extremely evil boss to become the new evil boss.

LMAO! Your map!! oh my god so funny! Sorry for laughing at you but that's hilarious!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 23:11:26 )
@Saeyra: Definitely! I'd go full ''eeny meeny miny moe''
And probably try to think of something that would make it justified, and question my morality even more if I actually manage to think of something, rip.
Or picking an option that doesn't sound *that* bad and it ends up being way worse than you thought it was :(
(looking at you, telltale games, omg)

Don't worry, you're not the only one, oh my :'))
But take this from me, climbing mountains does not work out without a gravity defying horse.
It will also land you in a valley filled with scorpions twice
(And straight into a deathclaw.)
But man, I sure do love fallout :^)

Awkward typos and dumb game adventures are my forte though :vanora_sun:

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 23:28:25 )
@Siron: Haha yeah I played the game of thrones by telltale. I kept trying to reload to save the characters from dying. Even restarted the game from the start. But sometimes there is just no way and they die. And omg they have a decision timer. SO STRESSFUL.

Always ping me please.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 23:54:06 )
@Saeyra: Haven't played that one but man, knowing game of thrones that must've been one the most frustrating things out there!
GOT knows no mercy. :')
( I mean im still behind on the series, but I've seen enough to know that for sure lmao)
And I know the feeling, I hated i couldn't save characters in the TWD game, broke my heart tbh

My case was with TWDG, pretty sure i chose 'no', or something alike, and Lee dropped the f bomb or something like it. Oops.
Another great example would be a certain dialogue option in 'the wolf amongst us'
(didnt play it, but watched the playthroughs of TWAU)
It's both hilarious and frustrating at the same time :')
(the 'glass him' misunderstanding)

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 07:59:04 )

@Siron: Always Better Safe Than Sorry Haha. Yeah I Think Its Pretty New. I Think Ive Joined Other Sites
That Kinda Started Off With Some Less Thank Friendly People And I Dont Even Remember The Names
Anymore Sooo. Yikes.
Yay My Thread Has Been Bookmarked! ;w;
Rip. Well 3-4 Hours Is Better Than Nothing At Least.
Im Always Shy But If Someone Makes Something Really Easy To Respond To It Makes It More Likely
For Me To Drop Blocks Of Text. That Being Said Though, Im Still Really Bad At It So I Either Take Ages
To Actually Respond Or I Just,,, Never Do. Such A Bad Habit Of Mine Is Not Responding Rip :vanora_sweat: :vanora_sweat:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 08:53:00 )
@Godawful: True that!
Idk if you're familiar with the game left4dead2? there's this wall and this text is written numerous times over it, so i'm always reminded of that tbh.

Yeah some sites just happen to be found first by all the wrong crowds ;-;
Although with some it's mostly a case with sticking to the right forum and you probably wouldn't even notice them ;v;
But you're right, in some cases it's kinda a lost cause.

And don't worry I've usually got the same problem, most of the the time I take way too long and probably reread it several times :')
A reply that could've been posted in less than 5 minutes tends to take like half an hour if not (way) longer, depending on the length of the message so I totally feel!

But for some reason my dumbest typos and mistakes always get through?? Like it doesn't even matter if i'm just casually chatting back and forth or doing my best, they just do, lol.
RIP, at least I can laugh about them now omg, at some point i just dedicated a folder to all my fails and turn them in to memes
And well some things take time really! I find it hard to reply as well when I have very little to work with, also because i never know if the person is actually interested in talking so i even if i do think of something I still tend to hold back in such cases ;-;
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.