Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Have you guys ever

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 01:34:01 )
sat there and refocused your eyes on purpose? I was standing in the kitchen looking outside at a bird in a tree or something, then noticed how dirty the window was and refocused my eyes. I realized how weird that actually felt and stood there refocusing my eyes a few times. Is it just me, or does it feel really, really weird?
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 01:52:29 )

I do that sometimes too lol
and yeah, it does feel a bit weird. i think its kinda cool xD

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 03:15:44 )
I actually have an interesting time with this and my narcolepsy. If I start to nod off with my eyes open, I'll hallucinate dreams over reality. My fighting urge makes me refocus my eyes over and over again trying to break the illusion, but usually the harder I focus, the clearer the hallucination becomes until I'm fully passed out. Perception is weird
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 03:27:04 )

Sometimes this happens to me.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 04:06:15 )

@nyx: OMG SO I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!? I thought I was xD
I do it all the time and I love it idk it just seems so cool like my eyes are a camera or something.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 15:46:47 )
Lol I actually do this all the time and it definitely is a weird feeling, but it's cool that our eye muscles can be controlled like that.

Protip: it's actually good practise to look into the distance and let your eyes go out of focus for a while if you're doing something like working on the computer or playing vidya games. It flexes those muscles and helps reduce eye strain!

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 19:37:44 )

@nyx: Actually I refocus my eyes whenever I'm looking for something tiny. It does feel really weird though, and if you do it too long it kinda hurts.

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 19:45:26 )
neko says;
I do that all the time. o:

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 21:08:12 )
I find it particularly interesting that when I focus on the bird for example, the dirt on the window effectively disappears or becomes a shadow I easily ignore.

Try it with a screen next time! Sometimes the antialiasing is wild.

I've had way too much time on my hands in the past. lol
Ping me

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 02:57:07 )
I do that sometimes for fun haha
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 19:37:52 )

I believe I've done this if I understand it correctly but it just blurs my vision.

Apparently, I have an unusually focused mine because I've had several instances of being aware of my dreams and a couple in which I was able to control an element.
The most significant of the two latter is when I chose to transform into a centaur to achieve faster movement because I can barely run in my dreams.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 23:23:49 )
I used to do that a lot as a kid.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.