Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Is blocking a feature and how do I do it?

Voltie — dead Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 04:33:11 )
@Faust Sheep: i should have never been born

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 13:34:52 )
@oh:
Can you please not spam my thread?
If you are having trouble with coding there is a forum at the bottom called “Testing” where you can test codes. If you’re still having trouble, go to the help section. This thread about blocking is not a place for it.
And can you not troll this thread with stuff like that? If you are truly feeling that way then might I suggest the Serious Talk forum so you can talk about it or maybe the General Chat if you don’t want to be super serious about it.
Now if you have anything to add or input about a block feature then that is okay here since it’s what this thread is about. Can we keep it to the topic please?

Voltie — dead Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 20:00:38 )
@Faust Sheep: i am gonna say it is not that deep fella, 2 posts is not spam. i was just struggling with coding my posts initially and didnt know where to test it because i literally just joined the site yesterday. thanks

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 21:02:09 )

@oh: Hi there, Oh and welcome to the site. The two posts you made are actually indeed considered spam.

As you can see this topic is about blocking and not testing posts or anything else besides what the OP is about. We do have a test thread as Faust mentioned where you can test posting formats. ^^

But back on topic...

I was thinking maybe even had advanced settings for the blocking feature. Where we chose what exactly we are blocking. Like..maybe we only want to block comments and messages, but not threads? Or only comments but not threads or messages? I think something like that would be nice ^^

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 00:49:33 )
@Oh:
Sorry, if I came off as rude. A lot has been happening on here and in real life so I've been a little prickly, but I've always viewed anything off topic as spam and, as Miss Kitty stated, so do the site rules on here. I wasn't trying to be mean. I personally look around a new site that I join before I make posts so I know where it's okay to post what. I do realize however that not everyone explores around before they post and instead will just jump in anywhere.
If you are struggling with any other coding I'd gladly help... just not here, but in the right forums. You also would be more likely to get more people to help you too if you asked for coding help in the Testing forums or in the help section.

@Miss Kitty:
Hm, I'd personally keep it on "block all of the above" just to avoid being harassed by people who don't like being blocked since I have already experienced that elsewhere, but that would be a good option for people who don't want to completely restrict contact with the blocked person. I'm kind of curious if that would be code-able.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 02:00:49 )

@Faust Sheep: I'm not sure. I THINK Ernya did it for a little before it died, if I recall correctly...but I think it was pretty buggy..I could be mistaken it for another thing though. I'm a bit tired xD
I just hope, if blocking does get added, it happens sooner rather than later. Oh! They'd probably have to make a certain code or rule as to where you can't block mods and mods cant block you.

|

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 17:56:31 )
yeah thats always handy to have
its ya boy aidan

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/12 20:55:37 )
@Miss kitty: This late, but okay. Okay shoot I forgot how I was going to word this...
Well if it was indeed a block feature, since it seemed buggy I think it would be a better idea to have a normal permanent block feature that blocks all interaction first so people have a form of protection while the devs are figuring out if it is possible to have a block feature where you can choose what you want blocked whether it's preventing the blocked party from messaging you, posting on your threads, trading, posting profile comments etc. etc.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/12 21:26:23 )

Batsy Says. . .

I'd seriously love this feature as I can totally relate not wanting
someone who's general attitude is bad and wouldn't want them near you or your threads as I also have someone
i would also like to block.

I tend to easily get really down as i soak up negative emotions like a sponge.

and i'd also go nuts for that kudos feature.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/12 21:39:02 )
@Moodybats: Aye, I can relate. I tend to get really negative too if bad things are happening around me.
People usually come online to places like Voltra (or any avatar and pet site) to escape the negativity of real life. They come on here to have fun, not to be harassed, trolled, flamed, and bullied. And it becomes difficult to relax, have fun, and enjoy yourself when someone is running around trolling people, flaming people, and harassing them. If you have a bad day in real life you usually come on your favorite sites (or do other things you like to do) to forget about that negativity not make it worse.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/12 21:41:35 )

Batsy Says. . .

@Faust Sheep: Yes exactly! Like i don't want to be centered around More negativity.
that'll make me spiral. D:

yeah. so I definitely would feel it is very useful to have such a feature on a site like this.
Even on avatar sites, some people are bound to not connect or get along.
and i do not like confrontation as it gives fuel for my anxiety to attack me. :vanora_sweat:

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.