Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Glume's Collection of Irrational Fears

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:38:08 )
@Elithiya: I once freaked out for a good reason... my friend was texting me while wandering around outside during a major hurricane with severe hail. Seriously what is wrong with people! Bad weather means stay inside! There's a reason it's so loud!

Also you know what noise always scares me? Car noises. Like sirens and car alarms. Hearing one makes my heart flake out so bad.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:45:14 )
My friend actually got his shoe stuck in an escalator. I have a pic floating around somewhere ahaha... but, if it makes you feel better, he like stepped out of it and the escalator completely stopped as soon as it noticed something was jammed.

I have so many irrational fears, where to even begin !?

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 08:22:51 )
@Juneberry: Noo not Russian Nesting Dolls! I look at them like puzzles so they arent scary at all. Like how small can they gooo and how to put it all back together in the same order? (though I agree they are not that pretty to look at) I think they are a very cool cultural invention.
I have a funny story. When they were kids my father-in-law gave his little sister a present for her birthday, it was a huge box and inside was another box just slightly smaller and it kept going forever until the last box had a lemon inside with a happy birthday note. She never forgot it :vanora_xd: He took the nesting dolls idea and used it to make his little sister mad.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 09:36:26 )
@Mousy: I was also too afraid to drive until about 25 years old, I drove for about a year before I got into an accident and swore I'd never go back. Then, as if life were handing me a good excuse, I found out I'm narcoleptic... so now I NEVER HAVE TO DRIVE AGAIN!!! I legit do not understand why its so looked down on to not drive when so many people can't do it. I always get a "You can't drive?!?!?!" face until I tell them I have a medical condition. I personally think people who don't drive are promoting a healthy environment and lessening the number of potential accidents but what do I know? :vanora_sweat:

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 19:18:52 )
@glume: oh goodness I hope you're okay :o??

I was scared to drive until I was 18/19, then I started watching other people drive and realized that maybe I CAN do this. In a smaller area, not being able to drive was a big deal - no public transportation. But if you're in a bigger area or city you've definitely got a lot of options! If I didn't have to drive, I probably wouldn't.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 20:09:34 )
@Glume: Not to mention leaving a smaller carbon footprint :vanora_smile: You are saving mother earth!

Always ping me please.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 20:29:58 )
@Addy: Yeah, I had some seat-belt pain and a scraped up knee. I was a bit upset it didnt leave a scar but I should probably be happy I'm a whole and healthy person :p

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 22:14:42 )
Juneberry:
@Mousy: I'm 26 and still don't have a license because I'm terrified to try. I'm normally okay with tests, but for some reason my GED and driving tests are too terrifying. >w< I'm also just really afraid of cars half the time though, so... not driving may relate to that. ;-; I'd be scared of getting gas at a gas station too honestly. But that's specifically out of state I would. I'm in one of the few states where pumping your own gas is illegal still. But... Not knowing how and being terrified of fire make the idea of pumping gas on your own terrifying.

Somehow I keep imagining the moment I try to pump gas some will leak and there will be a random lit match nearby magically causing an explosion >>

I was told that every single person in my family had failed their driving test the first time and I had never failed any kind of test before! It was a lot to handle. :vanora_sweat: I'm fine with driving now, but I hate other people on the road. I know what I'm doing with my vehicle, but I don't know what someone else is doing or not doing and ugh. I hate people. Haha! I just recently heard of states that weren't allowed to pump their own gas and I was so surprised! and I secretly thought "hmmmm... maybe I should move over there...." I don't like getting my own gas because I feel vulnerable. I'm standing there out in the open, attached to a pump. I can't go anywhere until it's done. I've got my wallet out to pay. I'm scared that I'll get robbed or hurt. And then there is the whole i hate people thing again because they do stupid stuff like smoking near a gas pump. I will drive my car until it's going on fumes and then switch out to my husband's car. I leave the house first. He always knows I need gas if he doesn't have his car that day. :vanora_sun:

Glume:
@Mousy: I was also too afraid to drive until about 25 years old, I drove for about a year before I got into an accident and swore I'd never go back. Then, as if life were handing me a good excuse, I found out I'm narcoleptic... so now I NEVER HAVE TO DRIVE AGAIN!!! I legit do not understand why its so looked down on to not drive when so many people can't do it. I always get a "You can't drive?!?!?!" face until I tell them I have a medical condition. I personally think people who don't drive are promoting a healthy environment and lessening the number of potential accidents but what do I know? :vanora_sweat:

I was really close to basing where I would live off of whether or not I'd have to drive!! the cost of living is much higher in places where you don't have to drive though. It was always really embarrassing having to explain to people why I didn't drive. I'm glad that you don't have to! :vanora_icon:
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/22 00:21:13 )

Clown dolls, not human clowns, specifically those ugly porcelain things. Honestly I don't even know why, but they freak me out. Ever since I was a small child and felt like the one my brother had was staring at me. Finally I hid the damn thing.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/22 04:42:48 )
@Another Movie Addict: I definitely feel you on porcelain dolls, and just because they're painted up to look like friendly clowns doesn't mean I'll trust them! They're just like mannequins but possibly worse because instead of vacant soulless eyes, they have eyes that spark with life and follow you around the room. AND WE BUY THEM FOR KIDS. Here, young molly, don't break this extremely fragile demon spawn even though you're five and now traumatized. Good luck later in life kiddo.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/22 05:03:29 )
idk like... everyone hating me.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/22 14:45:44 )
@Shark: I used to have that big time as well. Anxiety is fun! My personal method for dealing with that feel is a two stepper. Step 1: I realized that I don't care if 90% of the population likes me or not because I like me and Step 2: anyone whose opinion of myself I do value is willing to let me know if I ask them.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.