Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Baggage

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 09:18:55 )

"Well, at least you realize that little detail." Kalin commented.

"Just go. Make your plan as you're on the move." She added.

"I'll be here for in case she comes back."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 17:04:39 )
Rene just sighed.

"Right." he replied.

"I'll be back." he told her.

"With Erica in tow." he added, conviction in his tone.

With that, he left, leaving Kalin there with Felix.

Meanwhile, Erica was surrounded by people she didn't know... and they were all looking at her like she was some sort of tradeable commodity.

"Fascinating." one of the figures said.

"I didn't think the marking actually existed..." another murmured.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 00:48:43 )

Erica had her arms crossed, and her marking still wrapped, as she looked around at the others. They hadn't bound her, but made it very easy for her to understand that she was stuck there, and that it'd be better if she didn't fight. So she wasn't.

She was just waiting though. She knew that there would be a desire for verification for her marking, but she didn't know what it was that she should expect upon that point.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 01:05:38 )
There were some more murmurs and whispers, before... sure enough... she heard someone speak up.

"How do we KNOW she has it?" they asked.

Resounding agreement started to ring through the crowd, until she was approached by a large imposing man in a black business power suit.

"We will prove it." he commented, as a few others joined his side.

"You." he said to Erica.

"You will remove those wrappings when I tell you to. Not a moment earlier." he told her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 01:21:24 )

Erica just smirked as she saw her change.

"Yeah, see. No." She stated.

"If I'm taking these off, it's on my terms, not yours." She added as she pulled a switchblade out of her bra, somewhere that they hadn't checked.

"And honestly? I think now is about the best time to." Her words came as she brought the blade betwen her skin and the wrapos, and pulled up, tearing/cutting the wraps, and freeing her arm.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 01:43:59 )
As soon as she did what she did, the air around everyone in the building changed.

People froze up, some looked angry, others looked greedy, but it definitely seemed like people were starting to become very uneasy with each other.

At which point, one of them started to race towards her.

"SHE'S MINE!" they yelled, as they leapt towards her... only to be shot down by an orb of fire from one of the others there.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 01:49:09 )

Well, that wasn't an intentional effect, but honestly? I'll take it. Erica thought as she removed the last of the wrappings, and her sweater. The markings she had were on full display, and she just smirked. Sure, there was a band of restriction, essentially, there, but she had learned by this point to override it.

And even then, it was a lot weaker than it had been before.

She rested her fingers on the barely viisble band around her wrist, and it started to fade even more. Vincent had told her how to remove it in the event she ever needed to. With a little concentration, she was able to do so with little difficulty.

Once the band was gone, the air changed, seemed to get heavier perhaps, and everyone could feel it.

The effect from her marks was notably stronger now, too.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 02:02:51 )
It was then that all hell broke loose.

Everyone started fighting each other.

EVERYONE.

And that meant that mana was starting to fly everywhere. People were attacking with lightning, fire, water, ice, wind, you name it, the mana was there.

But it didn't seem that people were caring about collateral damage. Mana was combining and causing even greater damage, and Erica was almost being hit by stray elemental mana of every type.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 02:06:03 )

All the encounters she'd found herself in in the past helped her here. She was able to dodge all the incoming attacks (even if she wasn't the intended target) with ease, but she found herself with a bit of an issue after a few moinutes.

"Now to get out of here." she muttered before attempting to make her way through the room, to one of the doors.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 02:20:09 )
As she was making her way to the door in question, a stray bit of electric mana crashed into the wall above it, and large pieces of debris started to fall, blocking the door slightly.

However, one of the people there seemed to break off from the pack, and was running towards her.

"Why you little..." he growled.

"Come here!" he yelled.

"You're worth a fortune!"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 02:46:44 )

"And I'm staying that way!" Erica screamed before throwing a shoe that was on the ground she was running by at him. She didn't know if she'd hit or not, but she was still running and hoping that she had.

She reached teh door without much difficulty, but she felt t hat there was definitely something more to it. She didn't trust the door, and she didn't know why.

There was just something in the back of her mind screaming at her to notopen it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 03:04:57 )
Thankfully for her, the shoe hit the man right in the face, and felled him to the floor... if nothing else, out of shock and disorientation.

However, when she stopped at the door, and paused, others took that as their opportunity to get her. Specifically one of the people that had been knocked into a nearby corner a few minutes prior.

They rushed over towards her, and grabbed her from behind, lifting her up by her arms.

"Ah-ha!" they declared.

"Got you, you little pest!" they said.

"Now be a good girl, and come with me." they then hissed into her ear.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 15:38:35 )

Erica jumped when she was grabbed, before just smirking as he grabbed her arms.

Grabbed the one right on the markings.

"Oh please no." Erica cried out in a fake tone. She wasn't worried, she knew that grabbing them, being directly connected like that, could fuck someone up to a much higher degree than it had been before. She had no idea what kind of effect she'd be looking at for this, but she did know that there was going to be something, at the very least.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 21:27:38 )
The man just laughed.

"Too late, sugar!" he told her.

"I'm going to-" he said, before he froze.

And he seemed to completely freeze.

He stopped moving, stopped speaking, and for all intents and measures, seemed to have become a statue.

However, Erica then noticed that he was shaking and quivering slightly. She managed to slip out of his grasp, and when she looked at him, she saw that his eyes were wide, his pupils small, and he seemed to be oblivious to everything.

Which probably meant he was having an emotional overload and breakdown.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 21:36:05 )

Erica just smirked.

"Well, you're the one that was stupid enough to grab me." She stated.

"Serves you right." She added before opening the door and hurrying out of the room.

She found herself in a large hall, but didn't let it get to her. Instead, she ran down the hall to antoher room, and started rooting around within.

It didn't take long to find what she was looking for. It was an office like area, so it made it particularly easy.

She shredded some paper by hand and piled it around, having a few lines of paper connecting the piles. Once that was done, she grabbed a lighter that was in one of the desk drawers, and sigh. She didn't really want to be doing this, but knew that it was the best idea for this. She didn't hesitate for long before she set fire to the paper, and prayed it would work.

As she saw it ignite, and then saw it start to spread far faster than she'd expected it to, she panicked and ran for the door, knowing that if she was trapped iunb there, she'd be done for.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 22:11:11 )
Unfortunately for her, as she ran for the door, she ended up tripping over a garbage can she had knocked over in her venture of strewing papers around.

That cost her. By the time she'd scrambled to her feet, the fire had made its way to the door.

And now it was on fire.

The entire office area she was in was starting to catch fire, as the flames spread... and she could already feel the temperature rising drastically.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 22:12:59 )

"Ohhhhh shit." Erica muttered as she looked around. She debated the window, bu when she made her way over and peered out, she saw she was easily on the fourth story, if not higher. Sure, if she4 was to land on grass, she'd likely survive, but it was a parking lot beneath her. Pure pavement.

She wasn't going to take that chance.

She didn't wait for long before making her way back to the door anyway. She had to open it to get the flames to spread out easier, she was sure. She wanted this place to burn, and burn well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 22:44:11 )
The smoke continued to fill the room, which made navigating a lot harder for her, but she made her way to the burning door, and then managed to open it.

However, when she did, the reaction had been... larger... than she had been expecting.

The flames did roar up, but they did so to such a degree, that wind and smoke were blown right into her face, and sent her stumbling back, and falling over a downed chair.

And then the temperature REALLY started to rise, as more smoke filled the room.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 02:28:41 )

Erica coughed, several times, but realized that as she was on the floor, she was in th ebest place for her at the moment.

Smoke would always rise.

She was at least relatively safe from it there. So she started to crawl toward the door, keeping low to the ground as best she could.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 02:46:10 )
Her plan seemed to be working out... but unfortunately for her, several more pieces of debris fell in front of her, blocking her way once again.

Coupled with that, she could hear creaking and groaning, meaning that things were generally getting unstable around her.

She heard the sprinklers trying to come on, but it seemed something was wrong, as they weren't spewing any water.

Instead, they were letting dry air shoot out, which fanned the flames even MORE.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.