Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Baggage

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 04:27:19 )

"I'm more resilient than you would expect." Erica commented.

"And even then, it doesn't matter what you might do anyway. There are people who would be looking for me." She continued.

"So even if you DID do anything to me, you won't get away without trouble befalling you. ARe you sure you want to piss off the wrong people?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 04:49:59 )
The male just laughed as she said what she did.

"I'm just a deliveryman." he told her.

"I take you to where someone will claim you, I get paid, I leave." he said.

"Kid, I've been doing this for a looooooong time." he went on.

"I've evaded the Council for this long. People that will be looking for you do NOT scare me."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 04:51:41 )

Erica just shrugged.

"Sure thing." She stated.

"I'm wondering though, what do you even know about me? Waht makes you think I have anything you believe I do?" She asked, grateful to have it all covered this time. Granted, that was largely because of the fact that she was cold, and it was rainy and chilly out, but it was still covered.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 05:19:04 )
"All I know is that you amplify and manipulate emotions." the male responded.

"And how do I know?" he asked.

"Simple." he said.

"There's a record of altercations that have arisen, with you involved." he told her.

"Some digging here, some questioning witnesses there, you piece the information together." he went on, showing her that this person wasn't just some grunt-level lackey.

He was intelligent. Which made him that much more dangerous.

"Now... it's time for you to come along." he then hissed, reaching out towards her, the mana in his hand threatening electrical shock if she tried anything.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 05:35:24 )

Erica was silent as he said what he did. The fact that he'd realized that was a bit of a concern, but it wasn't anything too odd, she was sure.

"Ok. So?" She asked as she took a small step back. Although ti seemed more like she was just shifting her weight from one foot to the other.

"What of it?" She asked.

"Because I'm not going anywhere with you willingly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 06:23:29 )
The man was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"Very well." he replied.

"So it's the hard way." he said.

He then charged up alarmingly potent electricity in his hands, and held them out towards her. However, the bolts didn't hit her at all, they went right past her. But when she looked back, she saw that the lightning was starting to form a dome around her.

He was trying to trap her in said dome, and electrocute her within.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 06:26:59 )

"Oh great." Erica muttered. She had no idea how to get out of this mess, but she wasn't about to give up, or give in.

--

Hours later, REne was trying to get ahold of the teen. Sadly, there was no way for him to, so far. Nothing was working. He'd given her a phone and she was very reliable with that. She would always answer, or would text after a few minutes if she couldn't answer.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 06:50:24 )
Rene hadn't gotten worried when she didn't answer her phone the first time. He became mildly concerned when she hadn't texted him back within 5 minutes. When he called again, it went straight to voicemail. And again, the third time.

So he walked her route to the library, and asked the staff there about her. When he was told that she had left hours ago, he felt the first pangs of panic in his mind. He raced back, using her route, and contacted the service provider he used for both his phone and hers. When they told him they couldn't locate her phone, he then started to REALLY panic.

He went into the den, and started to pace.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it." he cursed on repeat.

"The HELL is going on!?" he exclaimed.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 07:00:37 )

He was left pacing for about two hours before he heard the door open, and footsteps following it. Mere moments later, he heard his name, from someone he had come to be rather close to.

It was the twenty-two year old redhead that he'd helped out a bit ago.

"Rene! You're going to want to hear this!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 07:27:27 )
Rene paused when he heard his name, and looked in the direction that it had come from.

He narrowed his eyes, before quickly making his way towards where the redhead was.

"Not now, Kalin!" he called back.

"In the middle of a crisis, here!" he said, meeting the young woman in the kitchen.

"Erica's gone missing, and I can't contact her at all." he told her.

"I have no idea where she is, or what's going on." he added.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 10:37:09 )

Kalin paused a moment before smirking.

"The you'll be particularly interested in what I've heard." She then said.

"Seriously." She added.

"Rene, chill for a second. There's a group in the city collecting mages. Reportedly, they are looking for someone in specific, but I don't know anything about the details for any of that." She then said

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 15:53:41 )
Rene seemed to freeze when she said that.

And Kalin then saw something in his eyes that she hadn't seen very often. She'd seen it when someone purposely hurt her, but that was about it.

She saw Rene getting angry. Actually angry. The rage was starting to truly build up inside him, but he was doing all he can to contain it right now.

".....I see." he replied darkly.

"How... do you know of this, exactly?" he then asked her.

"This seems like something that would be kept hushed, and quite competently, at that." he commented.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 07:29:47 )

Kalin managed to remain calm, and didn't show her unease at Rene losing his temper, while answering.

"One of the people in my class." She told him.

"He was arrested for being in league with them, to put it simply." She then said.

"And as I was there when he was being questioned and such, well, I managed to get some information."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 07:44:43 )
"......" Rene was silent, before smirking.

"I see." he said.

"Interesting..." he muttered.

"Did he give any more information?" he asked.

"Anything more specific or useful?" he asked further.

"Or... am I going to have to pay this person a personal visit?" he then asked ominously.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 07:50:42 )

"Well, he didn't say much else." She told him honestly.

"But he did say that they operated out of the Est end." She then said. "Somewhere around that abandoned factory, I do believe was the more specific location."

"Does that help?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 08:02:21 )
Rene raised an eyebrow when he heard that.

"...how cliche." he said.

"But all right." he muttered.

"Guess I'm going to the East end." he commented.

"What about you?" he asked.

"You leaving, or staying here and making yourself at home?"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 08:08:18 )

Kalin shrugged.

"Might as well stick around here just in case Erica shows up while you're gone." she answered.

"Since someone really should be here, I think."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 08:24:19 )
"All right." Rene responded.

"That makes sense." he said.

"Because one way or another, Erica's coming home." he told her.

"And I don't care if this gets both the Council AND the Triad after me." he went on.

"I refuse to let this happen."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 08:26:32 )

Kalin just sighed.

"If you get both of them on your ass, you're going to have to worry about who will take care of her." She commented.

"But you do you." She added with a shrug.

"You have the information I had. So go save her."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 08:33:43 )
Rene shook his head.

"Kalin... if someone else has to be found to take care of her, so be it." he said.

"But if she disappears into this sort of black market show system... she's gone forever." he reasoned.

"I've done worse in the past, Kalin." he reminded the redhead.

"FAR worse..." he muttered.

"All I care about right now... is getting Erica home." he told her frankly, as he started to think about something.

"Though a little stealth and finesse may go a long way, here..." he admitted quietly.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.