Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Baggage

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 05:46:18 )

She was sitting in the library, reading a book - or at least appearing to be. She was just idly staring at the pages, the words in front of her. She had no idea what the hell was going on, but she realised that she was the reason for it.

A few feet away from her, there were a couple of people - one looking to be an older teen, and the other to be a middle aged adult - about ready to throw punches at each other. She knew that if she stuck around, that there would be a lot of trouble. Things would get loads worse, and she knew that.

Dammit... She thought as a punch was thrown. As another one was, she just got up, grabbed her bag, and headed off. She had to get out of there before shit really started to get bad, after all.

She was silent as she made her way out of the library, as people hurried over toward the two that were fighting. She wasn't paid any heed, thankfully, and she was able to get out of there pretty well and easily.

Once outside, she shouldered her bag, and just started to walk after shoving her hands in her pockets. She hunched over a bit as she walked, bracing herself agains the hail that was berating her. Sadly, the jacket she was wearing wasn't the best for this kind of wearing.

"Damn I'm cold." She muttered as she tried to keep as warm as she could. She knew that she'd have to worry about hypothermia at this rate, but that was why she was trying to move fast. The faster she got to somewhere she could high out and wait this hail out, the better.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 06:03:01 )
As she walked, she heard a bit of a commotion in a nearby alley. It sounded like two people were shouting at each other, and she then heard the sound of an actual fight breaking out.

However, before she could turn tail and preemptively escape, the two of them took it out of the alley and were taking it down the sidewalk... right towards her.

One of the combatants then gave the other a mighty shove, which knocked him backwards, and straight into the young female, sending them both careening to the ground in a heap.

"Ahhh, damn it." the one that had collided with growled.

"Watch where you're going, bitch." he snarled at her, seeming to be more angered now... which would be fine, but it seemed the other one was now angrier as well.

"Yeah." he agreed.

"This ain't your business. Why you gotta be involved?" he asked, as the first one got to his feet.

"Looks like you need to be taught a bit of a lesson about gettin' involved in street fights." he commented.

"Was just thinkin' the same thing." the other said, the two of them seeming to have a shared focal point for their anger and aggression now.

Her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 06:05:53 )

Oh great. She thought bitterly before scrambling to her feet. She could feel the marks on her hand starting to twitch. She knew what was happening, at least to an extent.

"Look, I haven't done anything."? She said. She knew it wouldn't do her any good, but she knew that she had to try. As she spoke, she was backing away from them, her hands up in a defensive manner.

"I got fifty bucks. You two can have it if you'll leave me out of this." She then said as she reached into her pocket with one hand and brought out the tattered and beaten wallet she had. She may have been living on the streets, but that didn't mean she had no sense of what was going on, really. She knew she needed something to keep her money and such safe, so... she acquired a wallet a few years back.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 06:14:49 )
"If you think fifty bucks is gonna bribe you outta this, you got another thing coming." one said.

"That's 25 bucks each. Can't get ANYTHING worthwhile with THAT." the other commented.

"...matter of fact, that's insulting." they then added, taking out a switchblade, and exposing the blade.

"...it is." the first one agreed, grabbing a rusted iron bar off the ground.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 06:18:01 )

"Greeeaat." She muttered.

"It's all I've got though." She added before sighing and tearing a necklace off of her. The leather thong broke quite easily, showing it was worn and weathered anyway.

"This pendant is worth about three grand." She stated.

"I just never sold it because it's sentimental." She added as she held it up, allowing them to see the rather gorgeous sapphire that was there. It was quite large, as well.

"but this would be one and a half each. That good enough?" She just wanted to avoid any trouble, just wanted to find warmth. She was already starting to feel far too cold, and the hail that landed on her, melting was making her soaked and wet. It really wasn't pleasant, at all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 06:32:03 )
Those that were encroaching on her stopped when she said what she did.

"....hm." one muttered.

"That IS a nice amount..." the other agreed.

"But get real!" they then snapped. "A little nobody like YOU? Got something worth 3 grand!? HAH!" they spat.

"Pfft. Yeah. Bet that's just cheap plastic." the first one said further.

With that, they quickened their pace, clearly ready to vent their aggression.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 06:36:15 )

"Uh huh. Sure." She snarled under her breath before shoving the pendant in her pocket and turning tail. She quickly then started to take off, bolting down an alleyway that was a couple doors down, so to speak.

She was slow though. She was freezing, and that was making it had for her to move as fast as she normally would be able to. Plus the miserable weather wasn't helping either, but then again... that went without saying.

As they neared - as they were warmer than she was, and could move faster - she ended up tripping and ended up on the ground. Black ice was the culprit, and while she didn't hang out there long before scrambling to her feet... she found she literally couldn't. One of the two men that she'd encountered had reached her, and stepped o n her hair, keeping her down.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 06:46:02 )
"That's far enough!" the one that stepped on her hair snapped.

"There's no getting away." the other told her.

"So just be a good girl and maybe... MAYBE... we'll let you live." they said.

"Heh, yeah." the first one said, kneeling down and placing the knife close to her throat.

"Because... let's face it... who's gonna miss ya?" they hissed. "It'd be nothing if our anger carried us... too far."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 06:49:47 )

She was completely silent, before just grinning.

"Oh, of course." She stated before just bringing her hand up, being careful not to move otherwise, and grabbing the wrist of the hand holding the knife. She felt it cut into her a bit, but it wasn't much. It was paper cut deep, which hurt, but it wasn't much at all.

"Just fuck off and leave me BE!" She screamed, sounding far less liek the child she looked to be. As she screamed though, there was a pulse of something through the air. She couldn't control it more than just when it have it come 'out'. Beyond that, it was impossible. For all she knew, she just made her situation far more dire than he was prior...

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 07:03:25 )
The one she had grabbed suddenly froze... before he jumped back from her, colliding with the other one.

"Hey, watch it!" he snapped.

"RAAAAGH!" the first one yelled out almost ferally, before smashing his fist into his acquaintance's face, breaking it in several places, and causing him to collapse, unconscious.

"AAAAAH!" he yelled out again, looking at the girl with blind rage in his eyes.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 07:12:10 )

"And that's my ticket goodbye." She said before getting to her feet and jujst bolting. She was running a lot faster than she had been before, if only just because of the fact that she had sheer unbridled desperation pushing her this time.

She ran for what felt like forever. The sun was down, or at least was going down, and the street lights were coming on. She didn't care. She knew she had to try and find somewhere to stay for the night, if only just because it wouldn't be good for her to miss school tomorrow. She was still tryin' to maintain an education, despite her situation.

Eventually, she made her way to a park and climbed into the cube of plastic in the playground. It blocked most of the wind, and it was largely dry. That was all she was looking for, for the moment.

She knew that she was in trouble though. She was freezing, could feel herself shaking, the shivers were so violent. She also had no idea what she was going to be able to do about it, though. She could barely even deal with the small cut on her neck as it stood, even. She just didn't have the supplies for that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 07:27:19 )
Thankfully, it seemed like the man hadn't followed her. The unconscious male was probably distraction enough, and odds are there would be a news report on a brutal beating/murder the following day.

However, that was little comfort to her right now.

She was in a very bad situation... and it seemed like she wasn't the only one.

She heard a soft meow outside of her cube, and when she looked out, she saw a stray cat, about a little over a year old, trying to find somewhere to shelter itself from the cold and wind and hail.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 07:29:24 )

She just sighed when she saw the cat before crawling out and making her way over to it.

"Come here you." She said quietly, kindly, before holding a hand out, hoping it would come to her. Once it was close enough, she carefully, gently, scooped it up and crawled back into where she was hiding. She the4n dumped her bag out, grateful for it being largely water resistant, and set the kitty inside with a sweater she had in there.

"Dry off and warm up." She said as she used the sleeve of the sweater to try and dry it off a bit.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 07:46:26 )
The feline seemed to relish the warmth of the sweater and bag. It curled up inside, and while it was still shivering, it was clear that it was more comfortable than before.

However, she then heard footsteps.

Footsteps that were slow and deliberate.

And they seemed to be headed right towards where she was holed up.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 07:49:40 )

shitshitshitshitSHIT! she screamed mentally, not entirely sure what it was that she could do about all this. She knew that if she were to try and crawl out of there and run, that she'd be in a lot of trouble. They would know she was there instantly, and she was sure she didn't want to be caught.

She closed her bag, and while she left it open enough for the kitten to get out, she closed it enough that if she grabbed the bag and ran, it would be all right. At the same time, she was shoving things in her pockets as best she could. She didn't have much space, but ... she had to do what she could.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 08:04:43 )
The footsteps continued, and then stopped just outside where he was.

"....relax." she heard after a pause.

"I was just looking for the feline." the male voice said.

"However, it seems I've discovered something more." he went on.

"What ARE you doing in there?" he then asked.

"Surely that can't be comfortable." he said.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 08:06:28 )

She was silent for a moment.

"What do oyu want the cat for?" She asked, pulling her bag a bit closer to her. She was not interested in handing it over and it would just mean trouble for the cat. But at the same time... she realized that she really had no choice at this point. It sucked, but at least she could try and be standing up for the feline for a moment, or three.

Right?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 08:14:36 )
"Well.... hm." the male responded.

"Initially, I was going to give it some food." he told her.

"...however, it seems like it might need a place to stay." he went on.

"And... if I may be so bold... YOU seem like that as well." he continued.

"Or am I wrong?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 18:06:03 )

She was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Why else would someone be hiding here on such a miserable day?" She asked, barely able to hide the tooth chatttering that she could feel. Somehow, she didn't know how she was able to hide it, but she was.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 18:23:36 )
"....mm." the male responded.

"Regardless." he said.

"It seems to me that your chances of survival are minimal if you stay out here." he told her. "In fact, it would be nothing short of a small miracle if you made it through the night, I would guess." he went on.

"Tell me." he continued, pausing for a moment.

"What would you say if I offered you shelter from this miserable weather?" he asked.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.