Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Bioware Thread

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 06:13:53 )
I didn't notice a thread created for Bioware yet so here we are!

I've been a huge fan every since I first played Mass Effect about 5 years ago now. I've played 1 - 3 and Andromeda. I have a huge shrine of merchandise above my bed and also own the trilogy vinyl! I've played Dragon Age: Origins, II and bits of Inquisition. I'm guilty of not finishing Inquisition yet! But I recently bought the pack with all of the DLC so now I have to. I've been meaning to get into their other games as well once I get a graphics card.

What's your favorite Bioware game? Character? Favorite moment? Romance? What's your least favorite of all of those?

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 16:00:27 )
Mass Effect is the only Bioware game I've played, though I have a friend who played Dragon Age; I've considered picking it up but Skyrim is big and time-consuming enough already.

Mass Effect is an amazing series tho. My favourite is Garrus, and he's also my favourite romance, though Thane was really cool too. *Sobs about Thane* My car's name is actually Garrus and I have an action figure of him by my bed. Definitely in my top 5 games! I've worn through more N7 hoodies than I can count, and have more merch for Mass Effect than any other game.

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 17:59:40 )
@Vii: Hi, I think we just became best friends. Garrus is easily one of my favorite characters and the romance option that I always go back to. Especially as paragon Shepard since he's a turian bad boy. It's an interesting mix. I tend to go with Liara when playing my renegade Shepard just because of the dynamic between the two! Then Miranda Lawson or Tali for my male Shepard.

I was so upset with what they did to Thane. As well as a few other characters in ME3

What Garrus figure do you have? I've always wanted the giant Gaming Heads statue but it's freaking $700.

Have you played Androneda?

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 20:00:29 )
@Vii: @nyreen: If he would only stop it with those darned calibrations! Wasting my time over here...

I've been all up in Biowares biz since Baulders Gate. I'm so glad they're taking gaming in a more story-driven direction, because I can only shoot guys or pop bubbles or line up blocks or craft resources to survive SO MANY TIMES. Also props to them for making their playable characters have more options than "big buff guy".

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 20:35:07 )
@Glume: Always loved that you could customize your character. I just wish the writing for ME3 didn't flop as hard as it did, some of the character development was weird and the ending was messy.

Have you played Androneda? It wasn't too bad but the execution needed work. I wish they had pushed back the release date. I'm sad they cancelled the DLC and sequel as I would like to see Bioware go all in and redeem themselves.

Their new IP kinda looks promising but I'm a little skeptical.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 22:20:16 )
@nyreen: I have not yet, but I'd love to. I keep seeing it go on sale and I have to be like NO. RESPONSIBILITIES. The internet has made it too easy for me to blow my budget on games for less than $20 a pop. Like, oops, just bought five games, thus defeating the purpose.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 01:48:57 )
@Glume: You have way more self control than I do haha.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 15:59:59 )
I'm bringing this back
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 01:17:26 )
The Dragon Age series a favorite of mine. I'm playing Inquisition right now and I find it very dull. I miss my linear DA games. DAII is my favorite. At least Varic is in Inquisition cause I'm madly in love with that sassy dwarf.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.