Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Dream Job(s)

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 18:04:09 )
@Vii: Well I hope to see this concept come to life! You could always start a Kick Starter, Go Fund Me and there's another website that I'm forgetting right now. Start a Facebook and Instagram page to keep track of progress. You could also create a Tumblr!

It might be discouraging at first because of lack of activity and attention the pages will get but they're a good way to show that you're dedicated, serious and want to create this wonderful story for others to play! And you'll likely get followers and loyal folks who will donate and want to see it become a reality too.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 18:24:07 )

@nyreen: I know what you mean. I do online school, so no school plays or anything. I'm also very shy so I would have to start off with people I know. >.<
Voice acting would be fun but how do I try out for a role like that..?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 18:42:59 )
@RainbowPanda: I use to be insanely shy and afraid of speaking in public up until I was thrown into drama class in highschool. I hated it but my friends convinced me to do skits with them and it grew on me. I ended up being in the school play and wasn't nervous at all.

But of course it's okay if your experience is different, that's totally valid. I just wanted to share this so you might feel better about trying it out and it might seem less scary for you!

There might be voice acting classes that you can take online, I'm not entirely sure since I've never explorer that possibility myself. I know you can get a voice coach/teacher who will show you how to do warm ups or you could probably find that info online.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 19:14:40 )
@nyreen: I've considered it, but I'd want to have some things to show people so they're confident and more willing to donate / help the cause. Eventually I'll start a serious web-portal for it, but for the time being I'm just focused on getting the story down in tangible form. It's been boiling around in my head, developing and changing for years, and I've tried a couple times to write it all out but keep deleting everything and starting over. xD c':

Thank you for the encouragement, though! It's always nice to get a little motivation boost from someone. c:

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 19:41:59 )
@Vii: I totally get what that's like. I've been writing a fantasy sorry for almost 9 years now. It's changed so much. I only recently settled on every character's backstory and their names. I've also finally named all of the countries but haven't yet settled on what type of aesthetic they'll each have. Ugh!

You're welcome! If you ever want to chat about stories and characters and all of that then shoot me a PM or pop into one of my threads!

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 21:02:38 )
@nyreen: The plight of writers! Getting the histories and aesthetics down for nations is so much fun but also probably the hardest part...trying to make places seem real and tangible with a rich history takes a lot of time!

I'll certainly plop into some of your threads here and there ~

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 21:12:45 )
To be honest, my dream job has always been to work with special needs kids as a teacher. I grew up needing help a lot throughout my school career (that I failed)- OT, PT, going to specialized schools for mental health issues- you name it. Being in all those programs, a lot of those teachers really inspired me to want to do what they did. To be able to help kids that feel helpless, and make learning as fun as it was for me at their age!

That said... I also want to be a published writer. I want to help and teach through my words and bring smiles from silliness in my stories. So far, this one seems more reachable... But I'm going to keep dreaming!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 21:23:09 )
@Vii: I feel this sooooo much. I've made banners for each country, chose specific aesthetics for their buildings and clothing. Even made up legends, gods, goddesses, demons, etc. Different types of worship and religions. History! Ugh, it goes on! I'm trying to make a map now but I'm so bad at that. >>;

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 00:47:54 )
@Juneberry: It's lovely that your were inspired by your teachers to share the compassion they showed you. So few people are truly motivated or dedicated to helping people with special needs and we definitely need more understanding instructors.

@nyreen: Maps are actually kind of fun, though it's definitely tedious when you want things to be geologically and geographically accurate/realistic c': but yeah, things like the lore and religions are always the most fun! You can just let your imagination run wild. c:

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 01:54:44 )
@Vii: Yeah, my problem is that some spots are snowy and there's warm tropical places and then a desert spot. All sorts of different and unique environments.
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/12 11:35:06 )
My dream job would have to be something that has to do with art! Currently I work as a kinda freelance commission artist, but sales aren't always guaranteed and I've been told I highly under price my work, but I'm simply nervous if I higher them sales will drop. :'> I'd also love to do comic work for my own stories. As of late I've really only been doing strictly illustration but I used to do a lot of comics back when I was a kid/early teenager and miss it dearly. :'>
Find my illustrations here: https://twitter.com/Lydiachan22

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 10:07:55 )
&bull; v &bull;
My first pick would probably be an illustrator of some sort! I like drawing and I like graphic design, so ultimately getting training from either of those would be a true dream. I also like painting - I guess anything art related. But on the side, I have this dream of being a marine biologist. But the concept of science really scared me and I had never gone to school before, only going now and a bit late... I feel as though I need to put all those aspirations into the back burner just to get a job.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 10:17:29 )
• v •
@SirLionelNigelConrad: Haha well, perhaps I phased it poorly. I'm always drawing(and improving) so even though it isn't a job, I think I am still living it in a way. I like to occasionally read about fish and the sea (or watch documentaries omg) so the interest is kept alive there. But the real world needs a functional human to work and sustain themselves so it seems natural to me to sacrifice my "dream jobs". I've never been ambitious in life but I think to grasp the ambition and shoot for being a true artist or a scientist is what makes these jobs a true dream.

Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.