Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Old Anime!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 05:33:00 )
Okay so I started watching Inuyasha again and ended up binging it for a few days. I'm on episode 48/54 of season 1 then I'll be watching the first movie. I'm also on episode 4 of FMA, I've never watched it before.

Is there an anime that you loved watching growing up? Share it! I'm looking for more to check out once I'm done with Inuyasha and FMA.

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 05:35:37 )

The second I read the title, I thought of Inuyasha and what do you know, that's what you mentioned lol
Hm. Yu Yu Hakusho is another older one I really liked ^^

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 05:38:47 )
@Miss Kitty: I looooove Inuyasha. Honestly it's aged very well and I wish they would remake it! Oh! I have the manga of that but never read it or watched it. I'll check it out!

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 05:58:04 )

@nyreen: Same here ^^ Was and will always be a Sesshomaru fan lol OMG If they remade it...that would be amazing.
I've ever read the manga, so not sure how much they compare but I felt the anime was well done. Very funny cast of characters.

|

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 05:58:12 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: I haven't really thought about that. That's super interesting! I haven't watched any anime from the 70s - 80s and while growing up I only really watched what I could catch on YTV on Friday nights ( I think that's when they had their anime night ). Which consisted of Inuyasha, Eureka 7, Gundam, bits of Bleach and then in the morning I would watch Digimon and Pokemon during Saturday morning cartoons. I watched Cardcaptor Sekura and Sailor Moon too. I'm sure there's others but my memory is bad. > u<

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 06:00:20 )
@Miss Kitty: Sesshomaru is growing on me, he was so evil at first but now he's developing more. I actually really like Kagome and Sango. Inuyasha is also growing which is great. The only part I don't like is Miroku being a pervert, it's obnoxious. At least the characters don't laugh it off and brush it off. They always call out his gross behavior and he gets a beating. But it's still sad that it's written into the show. I'm watching the sub right now and I don't know if I'm misremembering or if Miroku was 10x worse in the dub.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 23:07:12 )
When I was little, I had a few I was really big on... Depending on what age range you mean for 'when I was young'.
My first anime was Cardcaptor Sakura. After that, as I got older and manic, I began staying up late at age 10-12 watching late night anime like Cowboy Bebop (and later, with my dad, Outlaw Star) and .hack//SIGN which I was honestly obsessed with and have rewatched since... along with the others. xD And, if you have any interest in Norse Mythology... Matentei Loki Ragnarok (Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok) was a great gift I got as a teenager for my birthday. Oh, and also Case Closed/Detective Conan. I loved that so much. Basically both of them are little kid-like detectives actually. xD

I love that recently, Cardcaptor Sakura has gotten a new installation~ I should rewatch the original series while I wait for whenever the next episode of Clear Card comes out. I'm not sure if they're done for the season or taking a break. >w<

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 01:06:29 )
InuYasha was the anime that really got me into the medium. Before that I grew up on Dragonball Z, Ronin Warriors, Sailor Moon, and ZOIDS, as well as a few Gundam shows; G Gundam was my fave Gundam tho.

InuYasha is amazing. I love the older anime, and still prefer them.

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 01:17:51 )
Digimon lol
I always wait for the episode every sunday when i was a kid xD

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 05:26:51 )
@Juneberry: I loved Cardcaptor Sekura. There was another magical anime I use to watch that had girls who turned into animals? Not like full on animals but they had the ears and tails. One was a pink cat, there was a yellow monkey, I can't remember the other two. That was so cute too. = w=

I LOVED .hack//SIGN, I totally forgot about that. I was obsessed with the video game too! I'll have to check that out again and the anime you just recommended!

@Vii: Honestly, same. And I totally forgot about Zoids! > w<

@Raxton: I remember doing the same! I was so pissed when I went to watch it one morning and they stopped doing morning cartoons.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 10:30:05 )
Anime is a weird subject for me. I love the darker, grittier ones but all I can find (with my very limited amount of searching) is very girly and candy coated... which is fun in its own right, but doesn't really hook my attention. I loved Parasyte, but that was made recently from what I can tell....

So this one might be a bit out there, but I was in love with everything on MTV's liquid television growing up. I was way too young to be watching that... but particularly aeon flux was my favorite. Does American anime even count? I don't care! That art style is everything to me <3
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 14:35:04 )
@nyreen: Sounds like Tokyo Mew Mew to me.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 18:15:40 )
@onsenmark: THAT'S IT!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 12:45:13 )
My very first anime I remember watching was Candy Candy..... Followed by Silver Fang, and my neighbour Totoro... Maany years later I rediscovered anime, watching Ranma½ and Dragonball Z

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/8 06:06:11 )
I remember the original dub of Gatchaman(Battle of the Planets for we oldbies)(also inb4 the Sandy Frank song*), but I remember getting into Star Blazers/Yamato, Robotech, etc. etc.

(*I'll just leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvN10-n1NBc )

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/8 06:48:16 )
Growing up I enjoyed Wolf's Rain, Tokyo Mew Mew, .Hack series, Zoids and Digimon.
:)

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 16:39:37 )
.hack: SAO, but better.

(Just my opinion, though. Your mileage may vary.)
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 05:25:37 )
So I suddenly remembered Wolf's Rain today. Adding it to the list!
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 22:55:31 )
@nyreen: Oooh~ Tokyo Mew Mew was also good! I mostly read it more than watching it comparatively, but I really enjoyed the twist~ I never got to play the .hack// games, but I did have a Zoids game at one point. Thanks for reminding me <3

Omg just thinking about Wolf's Rain makes me cry >w<

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 23:11:48 )
o v o

Oh man, I would wake up super early to watch Pokemon and Sailor Moon. Then I'd race home to catch DB and DBZ on Toonami. That was before I knew what anime really was. Before then, I'd always watch Ronin Warriors as a wee punk. The original Gundam was lots of fun too.

Other anime I watched growing up was like Hellsing (not sure if you'd call it old LOL), Samurai X, Devilman Lady, Elfen Lied, and quite a few others. Mostly gore-filled series. And everything already listed in this thread so far. ;o

Akira is good if you're into... I don't even know how to describe it. Perfect Blue is an insane thriller and exceptional if you're into heavy psychological stuff, but it can get a little dicey. These are more anime movies though.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.