Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing ~Hoist the Colors~

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/26 23:12:01 )
Andrew stayed below deck for a moment longer, checking his map again and setting the compass before setting sail. Cordelia meant so much more to him than he could admit, and he hoped she knew that. She was more than a friend, more than a sister, and more than a partner..

---

Cross lowered his little spy glass when he heard her, and shook his head. "Not unless I went to start a riot." He mused lightheartedly. "Does the captain want us to raise the anchor, or set the sails?" He questioned.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/26 23:15:13 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia smiled and nodded,"Yeah. I'll get to work on the sails." She said, going over to pull the ropes and make adjustments so they were going where they wanted to go. She looked over at Cross,"Your spyglass looked really neat." She said as she tied off the ropes.

but living takes true courage.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/29 02:04:24 )
Cross nodded to her lightly, waiting a moment before going and raising the anchor, smirking some at her comment. "Why thanks, it was a gift." He said to her, pausing once the anchor proved to by raised, and locked into place, lifting his head as he noticed the ship beginning to sail away from the dock. "She's all yours captain!" Cross called.

Andrew joined them on deck and took his place behind the large wheel, keeping his compass in hand as to make sure they were sailing in the right direction.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/29 02:18:16 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia smiled as she jumped down from the sails and walked over to the edge, leaning over the railing and looking off into the distance. Watching the ship take off when it did was something she would never get tired of, no matter how many times they would do so. She knew being out on the sea was something that she had wanted to do since she was a small child. But now... now they could live that dream and do just as they always dreamed of doing. All of it just seemed like it was too good to be true!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 19:35:16 )
Andrew kept steady as the ship sailed, watching Cordelia with a casual smile. Finally.. After all this time, and people talking down to them for dreaming.. Seeing her happy made him happy, made him feel like this was right. No one could tell him otherwise.

Cross chuckled as he glanced at the first mate of the ship, then approached her and held out his telescope to her. "Want to take a peek in the distance?" He asked her curiously, seeing how she liked his telescope.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/1 14:31:20 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia looked over and smiled,"Really? Sure." She said, making sure to be careful as she took the telescope from him and putting it up to her eye, peering far off into the distance,"Wow, this thing can see for miles!" She said, looking through it in amazement before looking over at Cross,"It's more powerful than I thought it was."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/1 23:20:28 )
Cross chuckled at her reaction, as he watched her handle the telescope and nodded lightly. "Imagine what you could see from the nest." He said with a wink.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/1 23:31:15 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia smiled and nodded before carefully handing the telescope back to him,"That's something I'll let you experience." She said,"I don't mind heights to a certain point, but that area is a little too far for me." She leaned against the railing and looked over at him,"This is really exciting. The captain and I have wanted to escape our small hometown for such a long time now, it almost seems unreal..."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 00:45:38 )
Cross chuckled quietly, offering her a smirk as she handed the telescope back to him, and he carefully slipped it into the holder clipped to his belt. "Maybe once we get a bigger crew." He said casually, leaning against the railing some. He glanced at her with a raised eyebrow, then looked out to the sea. "I just hope the two of ya are ready for such an adventure. The sea isn't always kind to those sailing." Cross said in a quieter tone, only concerned for the two. "I've been sailing since I was a boy, my father's ship was claimed by the sea years ago." He explained, not glancing at her.

Andrew could somewhat hear them talking, but he wasn't worried. He was proud of his skills, his talent and love for pirate movies and books. All he had to apply to real-world, until he got the hang of it.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 01:41:50 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia listened sadly,"I'm so sorry to hear that." She said softly, looking back out at the water,"I won't lie, I'm a little worried since we've never sailed before, but I trust the captain with my life. I think things will be okay, even if there are those rough times."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 01:52:25 )

Cross glanced at her with a small smirk and gently brushed his hand against her cheek. "It happened a long time ago." He murmured, slowly bringing his hand back. "Word of advice, first mate or not, don't feel sorry for any of the wankers you meet. I won't lie to you- you have my word, but most aren't so honest." He said in a more serious tone. Cross ran a hand through his hair to get it out of his face. "That's good. Trust is something everyone needs on a ship, trusting the captain is most important." He said casually, glancing in the direction of Andrew, who seemed to be glaring at him a bit.

Cross chuckled and shook his head lightly before wandering off somewhere else on the deck, checking the sails most likely.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 02:11:20 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia had been a bit surprised by the move of his hand on her cheek but didn't think much about it. She had watched him go before turning back to look at the water for a little bit longer before going up to Andrew,"I knew the view up here would be incredible." She said to him, unable to keep a smile from her face.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 02:24:05 )
Cross climbed the rope ladder up to the crows nest where he leaned against the side some, taking out his telescope and looking out.

Andrew glanced at her with a casual smile. "It's even more amazing in person, the view on a screen is nothing compared to the real thing." He mused.

(ah jeeze.. i hate one-liners x.x)

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/3 03:06:01 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia nodded in agreement, standing with him for a little while. Suddenly, she felt a headache grow. She looked over at Andrew,"If I am not needed for a little while, I think I'll go lie down. I'm starting to get a headache. Not really sure from what though..." After making sure it was okay, she headed down below where the bunks were and climbed into hers, closing her eyes.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/9 02:15:41 )

Andrew nodded to her lightly, hearing her head hurt so she was gonna go lay down. He did worry, of course, but he couldn't hover over her like when they were younger. He was trying to break that habit. "Cross!" He called. Cross heard his name and approached the young captain. "Captain?" He wondered allowed, hearing the slight concern in his voice. Andrew glanced at him briefly, then focused on the seas. "My first mate isn't feeling well, keep an eye on her, will you?" The boy voiced, making it sound more like a question. Cross nodded and bowed some. "Of course, you're the captain." He reminded calmly. Andrew nodded to him. Cross smirked lightly and went off to keep watch.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/9 21:11:58 )
You can die anytime...

It didn't take too long for Cordelia to get comfortable. After a little while, she heard footsteps come downstairs but hadn't bothered to look over at who it was. She assumed it was probably Cross since Andrew was still steering the ship. A few moments later, Cordelia fell into a gentle sleep, hoping to wake up without a headache.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/21 22:39:36 )
Cross ventured downstairs to check on the first mate after a bit, just to see if she was feeling any better. She seemed to be a sleep, so he left her be and headed back up to the deck. It was then began to notice the dark clouds gathering above them. Shit! With just the two of them, riding out a storm would be difficult.

Of course, Andrew had already noticed and planned on trying to out run the storm. "We need the sail set to full sail, if we've any chance to stay ahead of the storm! " He called. Cross nodded and immediately went to work on setting the sail. Once the sail was at full, Andrew tightened his grip around the wheel. Cross was watching the clouds. Maybe they'd actually pull this off.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/22 21:32:42 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia had noticed as she slept how rough the waters were getting. She woke up and climbed up onto the deck, scrambling to help with whatever was needed,"Need any help?" She called to them.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 02:46:07 )
Cross mainly stood by the sail to adjust the position if the wind shifted, he glanced over when he heard the voice of the first mate, then glanced at Andrew who seemed to have his hands full. Lucky for them, this ship only had one sail to worry about. He glanced back at the woman and shook his head. "Not unless you help me keep the sail full, keep an eye on the wind." Cross called to her.

Andrew didn't have any objections, agreeing with Cross. He mainly kept his focus set on keeping a hold on the wheel, and watching his compass as they sailed. The waters roughened, and the sky darkened, meaning the storm was catching up with them.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 17:29:23 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia nodded and and held onto the railing, watching as the waves seemed to toss their ship around like a toy ship tossed by a toddler in a bath tub,"Oh goodness..." She murmured, never imagining to be in such a storm before. She looked over at Andrew and hoped he was doing alright with steering. If it got any rougher they might have to tie themselves to the ship at this rate...

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.