Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing ~Hoist the Colors~

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 23:25:24 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia frowned,"She loves you...you know that " she said gently. When they found out she was visiting she looked at him,"Would it make it easier if I came in too?" She asked genrly

but living takes true courage.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 00:57:44 )
Andrew smirked lightly. He loved her too, just not romantically. Or maybe he did.. He shrugged a little and lowered his arm. "I don't know.." He murmured quietly. Andrew sighed and started walking towards his apartment, whether Cordelia wanted to follow was entirely up to her.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 04:29:03 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia went with him, hoping things would go okay. She took the book she had given him,"Let me put this in my backpack..." she said,"I dont want your mom to see it." She slipped the book into her backpack and out of sight.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 04:50:48 )
Andrew nodded lightly as she did so. He gently held her hand. "Thanks, Delia." He murmured quietly. If it was just the two of them, he'd be fine. He really didn't need anyone, as long as Cordelia stood by him. For guy, he had a big soft spot. Approaching his door, he exhaled as he opened the door. "Hello mother, what brings you?" He greeted casually.

His mother rose from the couch and locked eyes with him. "James, you're boss called me. You didn't go to work today?" She voiced. James, his middle and most loathed name, because his mother was the only one to ever call him by that name. Andrew shrugged. "I planned on quitting, now I don't have to. I'm leaving mother." He said calmly. Her eyes widen slightly. "You can't just leave, who will take care of us when we get older?" Andrew sighed. "I've got to get on with my life, you and dad will be just fine. You didn't really think I'd stay here my whole life, did you?" He said. His mother, in her moment of frustration, snatched the hat from the top of his head and threw if down on the floor before glancing at Cordelia. "Weren't you going to talk some since into him, dear girl?" She asked, since she really didn't know that they shared the same dream. Andrew stood quietly, which wasn't ever a good sign.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 05:40:21 )
You can die anytime...

"Ma'am..." Cordelia said gently,"Who am I to tell a young man, let alone my best friend, how to live his life?" She picked up Andrew's hat from the floor, fixing it gently,"Personally, I have been having the same thoughts. I'm thankful for all you and your husband have done for me, but I've always felt out of place here..."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 06:05:23 )
His mother couldn't believe what she was hearing. Even Cordelia was leaving, was that it? The woman lowered her gaze. "I see.. Leaving to follow your dreams then, I presume?" She voiced quietly. Andrew calmed down, and glanced at his mother. "I know we can do it, together we'll be the best set of pirates you'll ever read about." He said. His mother sighed and shook her head. "We raised you better. I won't be reading anything involving hoodlums. Good bye, James." She voiced coldly, then glanced at Cordelia before leaving. Making no bones about slamming the door behind her.

Andrew sighed and plopped down on the couch. "That.. went better than I expected." He had to stiffen a chuckle. He felt so relieved!

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 12:47:34 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia let out a sigh,"It did." She said softly,"But I still hate how against this she is... she couldn't possibly think we would stay here forever...in a town that always seemed to think we were beneath everyone else..." She went over to Andrew, fixing his hat and setting it back on his head,"We dont need her...or anyone here..."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 02:28:18 )
Andrew shook his head lightly and smiled some as she put his hat back on his head. He gently wrapped his arms around her and hugged her. "I don't need anybody as long as I have you, Delia.." He murmured quietly. Whether he meant it romantically or brotherly was undetermined.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 15:26:22 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia shook her head, "You'll always have me, silly. Your my best friend...my only real friend actually..." Cordelia had been bullied a lot as a small girl.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 21:39:33 )
*~Time Skip~*

A month later, Andrew and Cordelia had left their city behind and went sailing, like they had always dreamed. He knew places where he would have some luck at finding a crew and marked several places on the map, laid out on the desk in the captain's quarters. They were heading for the first location now.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 13:21:54 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia stood on the edge of the deck, her hands on the railing,"Finally...free from that town and from all the people that ever told me I was nothing, that i would never be aything... " she let out a soft sigh. Andrew's mother always believed in her...but that's over now.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/8 01:39:40 )
Andrew was letting the shop coast, since they weren't too far from their destination. He had the sail pull up some to slow them down. He walked up behind Cordelia and hugged her lightly. "I couldn't have done it without you, you know that right?" He voiced, smiling sweetly at his best friend. He pulled away some and glanced off in the direction the ship was coasting. "Well be arriving soon, I don't intend to find all of our crew here the first place we go..but it's a start."

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/8 20:45:18 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia giggled and hugged back,"You would have eventually...we both know that." She corrected him. She looked back out at the waves,"Anywhere is better than were we started. I dont think I'll miss it too much... I will miss my boss at the bookstore. But that's all I have to miss really."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 02:12:34 )
Andrew chuckled lightly and adjusted his hat some. Would he have, if he didn't have her? He wondered silently. He gave her a light nudge. "Start pulling up the sail, and I'll stear for the docks and then we can lower the anchor." Andrew said to her before heading up to take the wheel and did just that.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 04:57:59 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia giggled,"Ay ay, Captain!" She called cheerily as she did as he told her. After making sure the sail was pulled up properly, she watched as he steered for the docks. As soon as he would say so, she would drop the anchor.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 05:46:09 )
Andrew smirked, her giggles being an uplifting part of leaving home. He wouldn't admit it, but eventually he'd miss it. That was normal. He waited until they were pulled close to the docks before calling to her, "drop the anchor!" With any luck, the dock and the ladder of the ship would be level.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 02:12:54 )
You can die anytime...

She dropped anchor right on command. Soon they could feel the ship slowing down as they approached the dock. As soon as she could she hopped down, bringing to tie the ship to dock.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 01:59:41 )
Right as he felt the anchor drop into the water, he the ship just slightly so boarding and boarding would be easier. He turned the wheel so it was lined up. That way they wouldn't have to worry about the ship wanting to turn when they raised the anchor again. Andrew followed Cordelia and lightly draped an arm over her shoulder. "So, what kind of crew do you think we can find here, my darling first mate?"

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 02:53:42 )
You can die anytime...

Cordelia giggled,"Darling?" She shook her head and looked around,"I have no idea. But I'm excited to check this place out and to explore a bit." The town was bigger than their hometown and much more lively. She actually was looking forward to exploring this place.

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 03:42:11 )
Andrew chuckled lightly and reclaimed his arm. "Let's go explore then." He said to her, with the understanding that they stayed together. Neither of them needed to get into trouble without the other close by.

(Who should they find first?)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.