Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 08:28:12 )
Do you have any? Want any?
Share pictures of them?

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 08:41:32 )
I don't have any at the moment, I have considered it though...

I was thinking of getting an alien abduction tattoo on my arm.. Like a flying saucer with the beam coming down. Kind of like this person's but you know, not ripping off their design

hah what if I got a whole cryptid sleeve? I'm considering that now, it just hit me... they were really important to me through my childhood but I know it's become 'trendy' lately, I'm worried people will think I'm following the crowd. Either way, I'd have to commission another artist though, I could never get my own art tattooed onto my body, I'd grow to hate it and be stuck with it. (I'd never be able to pull off the design I want anyway)

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 08:48:52 )
I like tattoos, and I even really wanted some when I was younger. I even had a rough outline of a sleeve I wanted.

But as I've gotten older (mind you, I'm only a few months before 23), I like the idea on my body less and less. The only thing I think I'd get now is possibly my mother's handwriting. That's about it. But I do love other people's tattoos, and I even follow quite a few instagram pages of tattoo artists.

sell me rigs please♥

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 11:45:24 )
i'm open to getting them but I don't know what I want. It's just kinda hard to picture myself with tattoos

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 12:02:20 )
I don't have any and I never really wanted one. I think tattoos are a cool way to express yourself though. If I had to get one maybe it'd be something small on my ankle. :) I'm just afraid that I would get tired of it and wish I got a different design.

Donator — ...... Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 13:38:10 )
I have a tendency to draw on my arm, and some of the designs would make pretty decent tattoos, IMO... One of my friends suggested that I get those tattoos on my /right/ arm so I could continue drawing on my left.

Only itsy bitsy problem with that whole deal is, I've a pain tolerance of zero.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 17:17:34 )
I've always liked the idea, but have yet to find any single art that I like so much I'd want it permanently on me. Plus, I'm in a super conservative career and don't want to deal with all of that judgemental nonsense either.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 18:46:45 )
I have the longest tattoo wish list but the one I want to get next is a tattoo of little Lottie since I already have one for Eevie. Not 100% sure whether I want a cartoon ocelot for her to match Eevie's or something more realistic.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 19:12:32 )
I've got three. I'll post pics once I get back to my computer and can upload them somewhere. Two are small Harry Potter tattoos that I got mostly because my dad said I'd never be able to and then decided he'd pay if I could get them. So yeah, but they were only $60 total. My last one though is my pride and joy. It's an.Alice in Wonderland tattoo in the American Traditional style. It cost $300, and has been one of the best purchases I've ever made for myself.

I see tattos as a way to express yourself and to allow people who may not enjoy what their body looks like, to make their body their own. Each time I get one, it give me a reason to like that part of my body.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 19:21:03 )
@Baz: It's true though. It's a great way to help someone feel comfortable in their own skin. And so far I have yet to regret any of them. And I've had the Harry Potter ones for almost 7 years now.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 19:46:31 )
@Aellotyphoeus: That's a very good point, I was just thinking the same thing the other day. It's why I used to get so many piercings and why I dye my hair. it's something I can control easily about myself and it makes me feel a lot happier about myself when I otherwise wouldn't

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 19:54:43 )
@ghost: Tattoos are just more permanent. That said, for your first one, I recommend getting something that means something to you or that you're not going to get sick of. All three of mine currently have tremendous meaning to me. The next one I'm getting, which will be Sailor Moon themed won't have as much meaning, but will be really pretty.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 20:03:25 )
@Aellotyphoeus: Yeah it's why I've put it off so long.. I know I'm very wishy washy and just because I like something now I might not later. Why I think cryptids and aliens would be safe since they mean a lot to me and have since I was a little kid... oh god I could have ended up like one of those Squatchin' guys...

A sailor moon tattoo sounds like it would be really nice! I'm excited for your pics later
later.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 22:24:02 )
I don't have any tattoos yet, but I would like one. I USED to want a huge angel wing piece on my back, but that would be costly and probably painful and take some time to do lol. Currently thinking of maybe something on my wrist. I'm just unsure of what yet. I want it to mean something.
|

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 22:28:48 )

In the 5th Harry Potter book, it's the number dialed to get into the pay phone/visitors entrance to the MoM. It also spells magic on an old school phone.

It's the stars from the corners of the Harry Potter books.

No real explanation needed
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.