Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games the sims

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 06:02:31 )
so who's ready for the pets EP coming in november? i've been waiting for it since i started playing 4 like a year and a half ago lol. pets are a must for me. i also want seasons but they only release like one EP a year so.

i used to play 3 but it's so slow on my laptop that i gave up and 2 won't run at all. i do like making CC for 4 though. (just recoloring, i can't mesh)

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 06:34:18 )
I can't afford Sims 4 but it looks fun. You'd think by now they'd have pets in the base game but hey... They didn't even have pools starting out so hey... not too shocking.

I'm going to share some of my Sims 3 faves... sorry I'm going to get image happy with this...

This is Adley... computer nerd, forensic scientist, he confessed to a cute boy at a Halloween party while dressed like a clown.

He also adopted the ugliest kitten:

I named him Ugly Little Man

I don't have any photos of West surprisingly, but he lives in a houseboat and was really poor photographer that made his money scuba diving. He met a mermaid (Maya Ocean in game) and took her home.. I customized her..

She's ridiculously evil and kind of soulless, she made him fall in love with her just to get on land and now she's scamming rich guys to get what she wants. I love her. I'm tempted to make a comic short based on them.

Also a bonus, I sent her to college and she looked goofy as hell swimming back home with a suitcase.

When my friend has free time we're going to try to set up a custom world together and try the legacy challenge, it's going to be fun.
later.

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 07:09:07 )
I don't play sims, but i really am excited for the pets.
like A LOT.
I don't play the sims because I am jobless and don't have money to buy it.
Or a console[laptop wouldn't handle sims very well].
But I follow Sims on FB and got so excited when I saw the cats. :D

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 07:12:45 )
I won't be getting the Pets EP. I remember having it for 2 and 3 though. It was fun, but I don't play enough Sims anymore to really justify buying it. ^ ^ ;

sell me rigs please♥

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 09:41:21 )
@ghost: @Neko: i bought the base game when it was on sale for $10 on black friday and i'll be waiting until then to buy the pets EP too lol. i don't like paying full price for the games. especially with 4 because they don't have as much as previous versions did.

@FuuChan: i don't play it that much either because i get bored but having pets will definitely help with that.

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 10:55:17 )
Excited enough! I never get TOO into pets but we can run our on vet place, that'll be fun! And you know I'd love it if they could have just a few things, like pets and supernatural in the base games or something, and focus on new aspects in newer games! *u*;;;

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 11:51:42 )
@cedes: yeah i think the vet career will be fun. ugh i really want witches. but like, better than they were in sims 3. for me a lot of the fun is designing families (i suck at building/decorating) so i'm always playing someone new. i'm going to have all the pets. but i want small pets too

Donator — she/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 12:45:49 )
I can't wait for cats & dogs to come out! It looks like it'll have a lot more options so create all kinds of different races, especially for the dogs.

I'm kind of sad that it doesn't include horses though, as it was my favorite thing in Sims 3. Hopefully they'll release a pack for them sometimes.

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 13:02:45 )
I also love uhh what was it called, winery? juicing, lol it was in france. I loved the creating things from gardening D:< It's a bit excessive. Some thing with sculpting, ugh I died trying to get all the sculptures on one sims lol, and i adored it!!

@toxxic: Yes, I love magical things!! D:< The supernatural lives were fun in Sims 3 but there were... just bases? They could have done so much more, and I'm praying they work harder for the next gen! And yeah, I'm not winning an award for my using or decorating plans LOL I focus more on the sims. Though some building styles help me develop my ocs!! I love fantasy things and they are in the category so I have to figure out what style they'd live in haha.
@Llama: Oh horses!! I really wish I worked more with them in sims 3, they were so cool!

Donator — she/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 13:33:58 )
@cedes: The horses where the only thing I really spent time playing with, I loved how there where both jumping and racing, competitions and lots of other stuff.
To be fair, I don't think that it is bad if they make an expansion pack just for horses ~

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 14:00:48 )
@Llama: Hey yeah totally! They had a lot more going for horses than I expected, two whole skills for themselves, that was pretty cool!! I used racing a bit and... used their compost for my garden LOL;;;

And yeah! Especially if they have the whole shindig, racing, jumping and breeding!! I don't think I ever did the breeding, I always kept my sims on no aging so ;;;;

awesome art by okios <33

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 14:08:34 )
I'm more excited about the Sims Mobile. I'm so mad, they were supposed to release more information about it at E3, but they totally flaked! D:<
Unfortunately I don't have a computer that I can run the Sims 4 on, so I won't be able to experience the pets expansion for a few months after it's come out. :C

Donator — she/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 14:28:26 )
@cedes: Breeding pets in sims 3 was so great ;w; I love seeing what two dogs, cats or horses that look completely different's pups/kittens/foals ends up looking like!
There were even an option for female horses to be... mated? (English isn't my first language lol) by a horse of your choice at the horse center. I really appreciated that, so I wouldn't have to have both a mare and a stallion myself >u>
● sry, i'm not that interesting ●
also please ping me

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 15:01:55 )
i know some people were hoping for like a farm animals pack that included horses and pigs and such. i saw talk about a "small pets" pack that would have types of gerbils and lizards and whatnot. both would be cool. i really wanted a generations-like EP for 4 because it gave you a lot more to do with kids and i hate playing the kid age otherwise lol

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 02:24:51 )
When I saw the ad I yelled to my husband to come see, and I nearly cried. That's how excited I was lol. Unfortunately my laptop is absolute s*** and I can't run any games on it now. :vanora_cry: I'm very curious what level of customization we'll get for the animals. If I can't make my dogs in game I'll probably be pretty upset lol. What I really want is an expansion exactly like Makin' Magic though- it was my favorite expansion for the original sims and I've been waiting for years for anything to come close to it. <3

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 06:27:36 )
@Valyndria: i never had that one haha. i had all of the original games except that and the vacation one. i still have them but i lost one of the CDs to the base game.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 01:41:00 )
I used to play Sims a lot. I'm tempted to start it up and play it again now, since I have nothing better to do....

I've been a bit disappointed with Sims 4. I wasn't overly fond of the character models in the third sims, so I don't play Sims 3 a lot. And in Sims 4, the world sizes and lack of things to do really gets to me, lol. ; - ;

I do enjoy messing around with CC.
I think I spend more time downloading custom content than I do actually playing the game, lol. :vanora_sweat:

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 04:22:41 )
First we get toddlers, then we get cats and dogs?! :D Yes, I am VERY excited for this new EP! :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:
Zetsu's Corner
Pastel Squad!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 08:39:03 )
I really love the Sims, but I'm still upset with how they handled Sims 4. I loved the Sims3 for the open world and color wheel. I feel so limited now, having to go through a loading screen for each lot. I own the Sims 4, and play it here and there. I'm interested to see how the Pets EP will go.

art by me
My Deviantart

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 10:20:28 )
I just have Sims 3 myself. I have several expansions for it. I do love playing all kinds of Sims games. I have played some PS2 and handheld versions before as well!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.