Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ℝefined | profiles, graphics, layouts - full! come chat!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 07:10:55 )
@Mandy Amour: I'm sorry for your loss. :( But that's good that you're giving school another shot! What are you going for?

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 07:30:48 )
@prodigy: Thank you, I miss him every day but I know he'd want me to do this. Early Childhood Education but I would like to focus a huge part of my study to ASL as well. I feel like its the best option to put them together.

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 08:20:26 )
Funny story, an old friend came ito my work tonight and asked me if I was going to some con here.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 19:25:43 )
@Mandy Amour: I'm sure he'd be proud. :) My dad passed away my senior year of high school so I can understand the feeling. ECE is a great choice of major, though! And ASL is super useful too.

@blinkini: Well that's funny! It's almost like they knew. :vanora_xd:

Donator — She/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 19:46:24 )
Your profile looks amazing! I am sure i'll have to wait awhile, but, eventually I would love to get a profile made by you :vanora_heart:

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 20:31:06 )
@prodigy: aww I am.so.sorry to hear that Hun. Yeah it's hard. People say it gets easier with time but I find time just reminds me more. He won't see me graduate, get married, have kids. So many milestones still left to celebrate without him. Its weird to think about really.

I agree, and I've been in love with ASL since forever so I figured why not do something I love! Plus it's another language looks good on resumes

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 21:34:33 )
@Natsumi: Thanks so much! :D Definitely come back when you're ready. <3

@Mandy Amour: Yeah, I'm having my mom walk me down the isle for my wedding in October, and he wasn't there for my graduations or anything. But I find that recently I've been thinking more about the good times before he got sick than the bad. I just think it takes a LONG time.

I think ASL would be a language I would have loved to learn in college if I had taken the time to do it. I've just never been good at learning new languages. xD I sucked at Spanish in high school, but then again, that could have been my awful teacher influencing me too...

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/24 22:16:00 )
@prodigy: yeah I totally get that too. I do remember the good times I just think with so many things missed I'm more so sad that my life has barely started and he's missing it ya know?
Yeah it is an amazing and beautiful language I just think honestly since I talk with my hands already it would just give them more of a purpose? XD instead of flailing them around making a point haha. Plus I find ask is a dying language and I don't want that to happen

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 02:20:26 )
@Mandy Amour: Yeah I completely understand that. Nothing really takes that feeling away but I guess time kinda numbs you from it eventually. Just takes a long time. ><
ASL is super important to a lot of people so I'm glad to see people are still taking an interest in it! A lot of my college friends were ASL speakers too. :)

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 03:03:04 )
@Prodigy: Right? She even let me know about a neat wig shop that opened here. :D

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 03:14:57 )
@blinkini: Nice! I wish we had local wig shops or cosplay shops around here. We used to have an anime store but now they're 100% online only. ><

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 03:18:03 )
@Prodigy: Same. We have a big Halloween shop, but it has cheap stuff... We had an anime shop in the mall, years ago, but it shut down. I loved it so much. :C

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 03:20:12 )
@blinkini: Yeah, it's always tough to keep those kinds of stores open. >< I hope that we can get something back here like that but for now I'm stuck buying online. lol

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 03:24:10 )
Most of my Amethyst costume two years ago came from Amazon. And the only things that I got irl were terrible. :<

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 08:59:03 )
@blinkini: Buying cosplays can definitely be hit or miss. :/ My Homura Akemi cosplay from Madoka Magica was SUPER well made and nice looking but I've seen some cosplays that look really off. xD My fiance bought his FFXV cosplay and I had to do some altering and customization to it but it turned out really nice after a few hours of work. I ended up making my entire cosplay and, though it was pretty expensive and time-consuming, I think it turned out super well. ^^

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 11:17:52 )
@Prodigy: oh neat, which character did you make??

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 04:23:44 )
I am back after my con weekend! :D Feels good to be out of cosplay. xD

Voltie — Cat Queen Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 04:34:21 )
Very talented!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 04:36:13 )
@OpalDeerling: Aww thank you so much! :)

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 08:55:28 )
Fozzy's profile has been designed and a preview has been sent! Hopefully he likes it so I can start coding soon. ^^ I've also linked to my mule's profile on the first page so people can stalk my profile coding process if they wish. xD

Ping me so I don't ghost you by accident!
ART REQUEST

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.