Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ℝefined | profiles, graphics, layouts - full! come chat!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:38:28 )
@Vii: Yeah, but getting my fiance to help out is proving to be a pain. xD He's acting silly today.

Pixels are so cute! But yes, Chai makes some beautiful art! I hope to grab up a slot soon enough. ><

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:41:26 )
@Prodigy: Mine is always a little butt when it comes to grocery shopping too. It's like I have no make every decision and choose every item. c': I'd like to say it's a guy thing but, idk, my dad really enjoys grocery shopping and is good at it. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 03:15:19 )
@Vii: Well we went grocery shopping and he toughed through it. ;D But yeah, my dad did all the grocery shopping for us but most other guys I know hate it. Who knows? xD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 06:43:34 )
@Prodigy: Oh geez your profile work is so good.
I have like 1.5k volts right now but ONE DAY I will look into commissioning you.
Everything just looks so CLEAN omg.
Local Skeleton King.

Please quote or mention me to get a quicker reply!
Ask me about: Discord, Tumblr, Flight Rising, Steam, League NA.

Donator — PrinCSS Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 08:38:24 )
@Prodigy: Just saw the profile you made for Fozzy, I'm in love with it!
Makes me want to get better at graphic design >u<;;

Hope you're doing well!! c:

COMMISSION | GUIDE | PREMADES

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 09:01:03 )
@OfficerBooty: Ahh thank you! :D I'd love to work with you someday on a profile. ^^ I know saving up can always be the struggle, though. SO MANY PRETTY ITEMS.

@Aly: Thank you! :D I had a ton of fun making it. I'm doing quite well tonight. Got a TON of chores and errands done today. How are you doing? ^^

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:26:16 )
Pleh, I really want to order a profile from you but I really don't have much to offer in the form of items or currency yet c': is there any chance I could offer a combination of items, currency, and perhaps some art? o:

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 23:45:43 )
@Vii: Definitely! :D I love art trades, and right now I'm pretty ok with whatever items/currency as long as the value is fair for the complexity of profile you want. ^^

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:01:27 )
@Prodigy: Awesome! So, this is my most recent pencil drawing (well, semi-finished anyway, LOL) so you have an idea of my style and such, but I would offer you something with lineart and colour. cB I also have a Queen Bee Set, a Samurai Shock Set, and a Frizz set I could offer. Eventually I'll have another Frog Prince, too. ^-^

As for the kind of profile, I'm a bit torn. Part of me really wants something kind of dark / space-ship themed (particularly The Nostromo because I am a helpless geek) but part of me also wants something that's a bit lighter and more elegant. Are there particular themes and such that you're better / more comfortable working with? o:

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:15:17 )
@Vii: Ohhhhh I love your art style! :o I have my art request thread here that you could use to browse through my characters. Maybe pick one of them that inspire you. ^^ Otherwise, feel free to pick whatever you think is fair for items. I'm following the price guide Panda put up for now if that helps. :)

I'm pretty ok with any style, though I always prefer if you have some images that can be mixed in. ^^ Some of my favorite things to do is stuff with fun brushwork or using stock images, so if you have a particular theme maybe mixing in some shapes or objects/photos would be fun. :)

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:33:32 )
@Prodigy: Thank you ^-^ Your characters are all really cool and unique! I've sort of got my eye on Brink as I'm a total sucker for cyborgs (the ref I actually sent is a cyborg named Dez), but Mercury looks really cool too, and though her hair would be super challenging I kind of want to try drawing it.

As far as images to use, hm. I feel like this is a stupid question, but screencaps from films are considered copyrighted and out of the question, right? o:

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:38:36 )
@Vii: Brink's quite the charmer. ;D He seems to be the most popular of the three to draw. <3 Feel free to choose whoever you like!

Unfortunately I can't use screencaps or things like that because of the copyright, but I can always do themes and stuff from certain movies and add in quote or something. ^^ Copyright can be such a pain sometimes, but I don't want to get anyone in trouble if something were to happen. xD

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:43:49 )
@Prodigy: I totally understand c:
I really want a profile that's Alien / Nostromo themed. But thinking of ways to convey that without actually using film imagery will be tough, especially since I'm lazy. xD I'll probably end up drawing something for use in it, but I suck at drawing things like spaceships. D:

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:53:23 )
@Vii: Yeah, coming up with the ideas is always the hardest part. >< When you're ready just fill out the form! ^^ Otherwise, I know DeviantART has some free-license imagery you could use. You might also want to try going to Google and searching for images using their search tools to find some copyright-free stuff. :)

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 01:07:59 )
@Prodigy: Sure thing! I'll probably take a while to get everything together as I'm indecisive sometimes. xD But I'd also rather have everything that you'll need so things will be easier for you. ^-^ And I didn't really think to check DA but that's a good idea! I just don't have an eye for graphic design at all. xD
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 02:14:43 )
@Vii: Coming up with the actual theme is always the hardest. xD Good luck!

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 10:17:51 )
@Prodigy: Hey, two questions!
1: Does the randimg link work in your profiles? I would assume it would, but... I'm curious. If you don't know, that's cool. I just thought I'd ask.

2: If I gave you a rough scribble for a layout idea, would you be willing to give me a price range for me to get before I actually get you to help me code it? [And get the images together and blahblahblah. ]

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 10:25:35 )
@Lunakiri: I can use any BBCode that works within the forums. ^^ So if it works in a post it will work in your profile! However, right now there's a bit of a limit on what I can do within custom areas. I can do a custom positioned image, about text, and link list/image gallery. That's about it for right now until we get more BBCode options!

And yes, I always appreciate layout ideas along with your images and other concept pieces! :) It will definitely help come up with prices.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 10:34:51 )
@Prodigy: Something like this?

A couple things to note: Those stars, if possible, on top of the image and BG below it.
And 1980x1020 res. It's my screen rez, if possible. ^^;;

What kinda price tag would something like that entail? I can supply any and all images, as well [errr... once I have them all XD ]
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 19:25:40 )
@Lunakiri: The layout is definitely doable! However, I'd have to left-align the profile with how the stars are positioned rather than keep the current centered look. I'd also have to check into doing them on top and on bottom of the image since we don't have custom content areas yet. xD But the screen resolution shouldn't be a problem. I fit my profiles to the current average and also make my layouts mobile friendly so that they should work on all screen sizes.

I'd say that, depending on the graphic design work you need, I should be able to code that at about 30k or so. ^^ Fozzy's offer was equal to about 40k.

Ping me so I don't ghost you by accident!
ART REQUEST

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.