Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Breaking Barriers (Rimi and Austiderps)

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/6 10:37:53 )
Adan shrugged.
"At least take my Tunic? its cold and you wont survive the cold night if you go walking without it. Despite your healing abilities everyone has a limit." he said taking his tunic off and handing it to Ruyvn.
Adan didn't know when he said "maybe we can do this again" if he was being serious or not. He didn't want to sound to anxious or eager so he simple ignored it and smiled.
"Besides if you take it, it'll give me a reason to come find you again.." he said softly. Not trying to sound like anything. Something was telling Adan this wouldn't be the last he saw of Ruvyn... in fact he was planning on going to the forest again tomorrow night to use his abilities again.
Adan headed towards the wall and looked back Ruvyn then paused.

"I was actually hoping.. if and when I do see you again... maybe you could help me with whatever it is I just did tonight.. you clearly know a bit more about magic and your abilities than I do... and considering I cant train within the walls it seems ill have to be sneaking out more often to practice myself.." he finished waiting to see if asking Ruvyn would be to formal after barley meeting.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/6 11:09:44 )
Ruvyn looked at the tunic Adan was holding out for him. "Very well, thank you kindly. I'll be sure to bring it back next time, I promise." Ruvyn assured and took the tunic, wasting no time and wrapping it around him again. Already he felt warmer. Adan was right, now Ruvyn had a reason to come back. He had to return the tunic to it's rightful owner. He'd have to keep it hidden from his parents though. If they found out what he had done they'd never let him forget it and they'd keep him locked away so that he didn't do this ever again. He could already hear his father and mother yelling at him for making conversation with the enemy and for taking something from him too. It gave the enemy a reason to barge into their home and kill them all. The thought of being able to see Adan again made him smile, but maybe this time he'd dress warmer and bring some snacks in case they got hungry.

He watched as Adan made his way towards the wall. Ruvyn himself turned to leave but turned back and looked at Adan with wide eyes. "You...you want me to be your teacher?" he asked. "Well..." Ruvyn started and thought about it. There was no harm in helping a fellow elf out. You always helped when you could, that's what he believed anyway. "I'll help you. I'll do my best to anyway. I'm no instructor but I can teach you some things about your abilities or at least how to keep them under control." Ruvyn answered. There was nothing to lose by helping someone. Enemy or ally.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/6 11:22:28 )
Hearing that Ruvyn would help made Adan chuckle and smile. he couldn't hide his red face behind his tunic now could he?
"Then ill be seeing you. be safe and ... don't worry I wont say a word to anyone." he assured .
Adan began to scale the outer walls quietly and quickly making sure no one was watching or could see him. When he reached the top before jumping over he looked down and saw Ruvyn still watching. "Oh and by the way.... ill save that girl... I promise. I'm going to find out what's going on." he said as he finally jumped over the wall and made a loud thud noise on a roof. He quickly jumped from roof to room tumbling and swinging from place to place until he reached his kingdoms garden, where of course the night guards were still knocked out. He quickly made it to his side of the room and crawled through his window up a few stories. Nothing he couldn't climb or jump.

Adan heard some noise down in the main corridor, he quickly changed and put his bed shirt on and ran down the stairs as quiet as he could. Through one of the doors before you enter the corridor Adan peaked through and saw The king, and his Uncle standing with the girl.
"This is her I presume? and you were unfollow correct?" The king asked his brother.
"Yes sir, though... my men did not make it back with me as you can see, this little one put up quit the struggle until we were able to over through her" The little girl with no eyes stayed quiet, with cuts and marks all over her body from putting up a struggle earlier, she seems weak and tired, scared mostly. There were a few lit lanterns on the walls so it was fairly light but couldn't see every detail. Adan kept ease dropping until he heard a door open and he quickly panicked and rushed back up stairs.

"We'll take her down the corridor into the Painting room. That was a secret chamber that was behind a giant mural painting in one of the back rooms in the castle. With Adan's elf ears he was able to catch the last of what his father had said and smiled. He knew where they were taking the girl.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/6 11:46:05 )
Ruvyn nodded, "Good." he said simply when Adan said he wouldn't say a word. At least he'd be able to sleep well knowing that no enemy would find out about this encounter. He hugged himself, watching Aden climb up the walls and when he looked back Ruvyn blushed slightly having been caught staring at the male. "Y-you will?" he repeated and looked worried. How was this one person going to safe a poor girl? What if the girl didn't trust him? Well she was going to have to unless she wanted to die wherever she was being kept. "B-be careful!" he reminded and gave the male a quick wave before he disappeared over the wall. Yes, this wasn't going to be the last he saw of Adan and that made him happy. Finally he had someone else to talk to. Still, he coudln't be too comfortable around him, they had only just met by chance today.

Adan was still a stranger and from the enemy kingdom. He coudln't exactly say they were buddies just yet, but from what he saw today, Adan seemed like a good person. Maybe it was because he was an elf and not a troll like the enemy? "I don't know. Oh well, thinking about it here isn't going to get you the answer any faster. Let's get you home Ruvyn." Ruvyn said to himself and turned around then quickly started running through the forest. He climbed up on a tree and jumped from tree to tree, making it to the other side then landed down on the path and headed towards the walls of his own kingdom. It was still very dark out, the moon was high up in the night sky surrounded by billions of little stars that helped illuminate the path for him.

Once Ruvyn reached the walls, he jumped and climbed over the tall wall, landing with a thud that hurt his feet but it wasn't enough for him to quietly run over to his own house and sneak back inside through the window. Ruvyn closed and locked the window once he was inside then removed both tunics and put them away in his closet, in a corner where they woudln't be seen. Yawning softly, the toned male pulled off his clothes and threw on his sleeping clothes which thankfully were warm. It was safe to say that after getting comfortable in bed that night, Ruvyn had no trouble falling to sleep.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/6 12:11:35 )
That same night, Adan stayed up waiting for an opportunity to sneak down and visit the little girl where she was but obviously there were be the palace guards,....well guarding of course. Especially if my uncle and father didn't want anyone else knowing., why else would he have sent my uncle into the forest in the middle of the night. Adan was sitting straight up on his bed with his legs cross and his eyes closed. He was mediating trying to channel his telekinetic abilities or some kind of feeling. If only his magic work within the city walls he could try to teleport to the secret chamber where the girl was being held. But no matter how hard he tried to focus, Ruvyn's face kept appearing in his head distracting him. Part of him was worried and hoped he made it home safe/ the other part wanted to not care since he was technically an enemy from the non allied kingdom. Regardless it made him smile knowing hopefully soon they'd meet again in the forest in the same spot they met toniht... but wait did Ruvyn know how to get there again.... or what time... or what day? All these thoughts clouded Adan's head until he shook it off.
"Ugh of all the things to be thinking and worrying about that is the last I need to stress" Adan stood up and checked the time, it read 3:47am. he flopped back onto his bed and grunted, then sighed, then took one more second to think. He had an idea that would throw his uncle and father off tomorrow, maybe an idea of what happened last night. But it would have to wait till morning. Adan smiled and curled up in bed and once he was laying down he realized how tired he was an instantly passed out.

The next morning when everyone was gathered for breakfast in the dining hall. The King, His brother and Queen were all sitting eating and waiting for Adan to join them, as he tumbled down the stairs yawning he smelt his mothers sweet fresh honey cinnamon bread that she made for him after every long day of training and combat. "Mmm mother you sure know how to make a son's morning." he said walking up and kissing her cheek. He glanced over at his father and uncle. To Adan's surprised his uncle was all cleaned up, No blood stains, no cuts scars, nothing. He looks completely normal.. but how? the open wounds from last night couldn't of healed like that in a matter of hours. He sat down and greeted his father and uncle like usual with a smile and tried not looking like he was guilty of sneaking out. "But how the hell?" is all Adan could say in his head.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/6 13:17:02 )
The next morning, Ruvyn woke wit a loud yawn and stretched out. He could already hear his parents speaking in the kitchen and his mother working away on some breakfast. He quickly made his way to the closet and opened it, smiling softly when he saw both tunics. He wondered if Adan had found the girl or not, hopefully he was okay. Thinking of the male, Ruvyn laughed and covered his mouth to keep quiet; he wasn't even sure why he had laughed when he imagined Adan's face, his nice eyes and his cute ears moving upwards after hearing a noise. Realizing that he was smiling like a fool, Ruvyn quickly shook his head and closed the closet door. "Relax and keep quiet." he warned himself before making his way out of his room and to the kitchen where a basket of freshly baked butter rolls waited for him. "Good morning mom and dad." he said and gave his dad a quick hug before giving his mom a kiss on the cheek then washed his hands and decided to help her by setting the table.

"Good morning Ruvyn dear, how did you sleep?" his mother asked. "I fell to sleep rather easily actually." Ruvyn admitted as he finished setting the table then took his seat as did his father. "Oh well that's just lovely. It was chilly this morning, your father went out and gathered the groceries, poor dear says wee bit of snow might be upon us soon." his mother commented. "Da' snow?" he asked his father who shrugged. "It seems like a possibility. Which means you and I will have to start gathering up more fire wood soon." his father replied. Snow...well then he'd really have to dress warmer tonight. And don't forget to bring some food! he thought to himself. "That's not going to make war easier. I feel bad for the soldiers who will be out there in the cold. They could die you know." Ruvyn pointed out. His mother then served the breakfast before taking her seat at the head of the table with her two favorite men of the house at her sides. "Well now, no talk of war at the table dear."

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/6 13:58:53 )
During breakfast the Troll king was reading up on the latest news in all the kingdoms, how some were struggling and others were striving.
"Dear.." he called out to his wife "Did you hear we might be getting winter early this year. We best send out letters and notices to the villagers and our guards! Apparently other kingdoms and cities are gathering supplies just in case, lets not fall short." He kept on reading.
"Looks like a pack of witches attacked the lower corner of the fairy kingdom the other day. Something to do with pixie dust feud. Pft "fairies" he grunted. "I dare one of those witches step foot in our kingdom." he said with a giant laugh. Adan rolled his eyes and ignored when his father got all high and mighty powerful. Adan stayed quiet mostly until they were all finished eating and done cleaning up.

"Uncle do you think you could help me real quick with the animals today while mother goes and hands out the notices?" Though the king didn't leave the kingdom much the Queen herself was very in touch with the villagers. she loved to be social. She was a mother to all and cared for everyone. Wanting to keep everyone who lived there safe.
"Sure boy you know i never mind helping you out. " Adan smirked and stood up from the table and rushed outside with his uncle not far behind.
As they continued to walk down the path through the garden and down to the farm plots Adan scooted closer to his uncle.
"Uncle... i... i wanted to express something to you that happened last night.." he began. The troll raised an eyebrow and looked at Adan. "And what would that be boy?" He asked with a concern look. Adan hesitated for a moment then spat it all out.
"I had a really vivid nightmare last night... and you were in it." The troll king looked a bit confused but asked "And what happened in this nightmare of yours?" Adan tried to play it off without sounding too serious. "Well it was so vivid... you were injured... walking through the dark forest alone... except you were with a girl and she was sad... and needed help. She kept calling out but you ignored her as if she wasn't really there. She was no more than 5 years old but she wa hurt and so were you..." Adan tried to change up the story a tad bit to not sound so accurate as to what happened last night. His voice trailed off a bit. "Annd..... i ... well the rest is fuzzy but i woke up in a panic thinking you might of been hurt from last night's scouting mission...did....did anything happen to occur that would of caused you to be injured? i was so worried." he said hugging the giant troll.
His Uncle raised and eyebrow and kneeled down hugging his Nephew. He looked him in the eyes and Adan's heart sank thinking he might of been exposed. But instead the Giant troll smile.
"As you can see I'm ok son. The only thing that happened last night was we encounter a black mutated bear last night and i a few scratches, that's all nothing your Aunt Agatha couldn't heal up" he said placing a giant hand on his head. Adan's Aunt Agatha wasn't his real aunt but more of a close family friend. She was a witch who was banished from her cult/kingdom for harnessing to much dark magic she could not control. Sent out alone to fend for herself she ran into the Troll king many years back who took her in and gave her shelter. In return she has been a great asset to the Goblin and Troll Territory. The only known witch in the world to ever be banished and end up in the Batari kingdom. Over the years she's placed protection spells on Adan and helped raised him, hoping to help him with his Elf abilities but no such luck. And through the years she has become a giant part of the royal family, and friend.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/6 14:33:38 )
"Now eat up. While you and your father gather the firewood, I shall bake you some cookies. The only thing I love about winter is it gives me another reason to bake." his mother commented and chuckled softly. It was true, when winter came Ruvyn's mother would bake up a storm and hand out baked goods to the neighbors. Well usually Ruvyn would have to go and deliver them since his mother didn't exactly enjoy leaving the house unless she had to. She never left the house alone though, sometimes she was accompanied by her husband or her son. If not, she was often accompanied by one of her female friends. One thing was very certain about Ruvyn's mother, she had many friends. His father was reading the paper as he always did, which was something that Ruvyn never understood. "Doesn't look like they're advancing so that's good." his father commented despite his wife's wishes. "Yes, well of course it's good. Besides, it's cold out, I don't think the enemy would want to be out in the snow, perhaps they'll attack come spring?" Ruvyn's mother suggested.

"That's probably what they want us to believe." Ruvyn hinted and took another bite of his food, taking another of the bread rolls. When it came to war, one could never be too sure about things no matter who said them. "After you boys finish eating, I suggest you go and get some more firewood. Would be nice to start up a fire in the house to keep warm." Ruvyn's mother spoke after finishing up her breakfast. She realized the butter rolls were running low so she was going to have to make more once the men were out of the house. When they had all finished their breakfast, Ruvyn helped his mother with the dishes while his father left to dress warmer. Ruvyn washed the dishes carefully, making sure he didn't miss any spots and when he was done he stole the last butter roll then left to his room to get dressed.

"I can't believe winter is already upon us. I mean, it seems like it was just yesterday that it felt like summer." Ruvyn said as he adjusted his scarf and gloves. "Well you know what that means dear, means spring is right 'round the corner." his mother said and placed a warm hat on her son's head. "You need to cover your ears dear." she reminded. Ruvyn groaned and fixed the hat on his head, "I know...I just feel stuffy with so much clothes on." Ruvyn muttered, earning him a gently smack on the back of his head. "Oi! You should always be properly clothed no matter the weather, understand?" his mother warned. "I do." Ruvyn answered in a defeated tone of voice. "Now, now, while you and your father are out getting the firewood, I will bake more butter rolls for you both and some gingerbread cinnamon cookies for you alright?" She suggested. Ruvyn nodded and when his father returned, the both walked out of the house to the shed to get the axes and the crates to set the firewood in then set off to gather it.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/6 15:16:08 )
After Adan pretend to believe his uncle about what happened last night, they finished caring for the animals, and they even installed a new heater for them during the cold.
"Oh boy that reminds me i need to get word back to the soldiers that they have the evening off tonight to gather supplies due to having us unable to provide for everything this season due to our recourses getting smaller and small do to this damn war." he groaned. Adans ears perked up. Every guard would have the night off? that was his chance to sneak into the secret room without anyone stopping him. "That's so king of Father to give everyone a night off, I'm sure its getting harder for everyone during this time of year and with everything else going on...now witches are making attacks... do you think they'd try attack us?"
His uncle laugh and punched his fist. "Not unless they want to be skinned alive by me they wont" Adan chuckled. "So i take it that means i get the evening off from combat training as well?" he said almost to eager. His uncle smiled "I'm sure your father wouldn't mind A FEW days off combat training, i know its a lot of pressure and it strains you sometimes with your...energy lets call it staying at bay." he was referring to Adans ability that they couldn't seem to activate...but little did they know..

Later that evening the castle was pretty much bare except for Agatha, Korvine, The King and Queen and of course Adan. While up in their chambers the king and queen were having their..."private" time, meanwhile Agatha and Korvine were out gathering more firewood for the fire pit in the library which was Adans favorite place. It was almost like the library from his favorite fairy tale. The Beauty and The Beast. Adan walked the halls passing the corridors multiple times making sure no one around was there. When he was 100% sure no one would notice or see him, He pulled back the boarder picture frame and slipped through closing the hidden door behind him. It was dark the second you step through there was a spiral staircase that led downward. A few lanterns as you travel down lit the path so you wouldn't trip. Adan always thought this was creep to have in the castle, always sure something would pop out and frighten him but he ignored his frights and kept traveling down. When he got to the bottom he came to a halt and there was a giant metal door, with a metal bar in the middle locking it. He walked over and removed the metal bar, causing the door to slowly open. He peeked inside the dark room only lit by one single lantern and in the middle of the room the small little girl was bound in chains from her neck to her hands to her bare feet. She was shivering and sobbing.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/6 16:17:35 )
The firewood was being chopped into good enough sizes that would fit nicely in the crates. Ruvyn and his father always made sure to fill up the crates a little more than they needed to but that was just because they always liked to have more than enough firewood. They didn't want to have to step back out and collect more only to see they couldn't because of some blizzard. No, they didn't need to go through that again. Ruvyn's hands already were hurting from holding the axe's handle so tightly in his hand. His father wasn't lying though, it was still pretty cold outside. Nothing like it had last night though. If it was this cold right now, he could only imagine how cold it would be tonight when he headed to the forest again. Hopefully Adan would dress properly. Stop it! He's not important. He's the enemy, remember that. Ruvyn thought to himself. Once he finished chopping quiet a bit of firewood, Ruvyn helped his father pack it up into the wooden crates his father had made himself a few years ago to make carrying the firewood a lot easier. They had now filled up one crate, they still had two more to go and Ruvyn was already exhausted. However, he needed to get those two crates filled so he went back to work, chopping that firewood.

"This should be enough to last all winter." His father said as he dropped both axes on top of one of the crates then carried it over to the shed to drop off the axes. "You really think so?" Ruvyn asked. He picked up one of the crates and carried it on one shoulder then picked up the other crate and carried it under his arm, following his father slowly. The crates were very heavy, but it wasn't anything Ruvyn couldn't handle. Besides, he didn't mind doing all the work if he had to. His parents weren't exactly young you know. His mother opened the door for them and stood back, letting them enter the house. "Oh Ruvyn dear please be careful! YOu can get hurt overworking yourself like that. You can carry in one at a time you know." she suggested, worried that her son might injure himself carrying more than he can handle. "I'm fine mom. It always bothers me to leave just one crate behind and go back for it later. I might as well just bring it in right away and it isn't like I haven't done this before." The tall elven male said as he followed his father to the living room where he set down the crates carefully next to each other.

The house was filled with the scent of cinnamon, probably from the cookies his mother was baking. His mother closed the door then and locked it before walking over to where her men were, fixing up a fire already. "It already feels like winter in here, how lovely." she said and chuckled then quickly returned to the kitchen. "The butter rolls are coming out now and a fresh batch of cookies is going in. I decided it would be a nice idea to deliver some cookies to the neighbors don't you think?" she asked. "I think they would very much like that dear." his father answered. As much as Ruvyn wanted a freshly baked butter roll or cookie, he was cold right now and would much rather warm up by the fire he was and his father had started.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/7 05:53:50 )
"Hello?" Adan said in a soft tone as he entered the dark room. Closing the door behind him, he slowly walked towards the little girl sitting on the floor with her back turned away from the entrance. "My name is Adan... I'm here to help you..." he said as he got closer. The little girl was frighten, and shifted towards the wall some more away from him. "Wha- sta-sstay away please don't hurt me" Adan's heart sank as to how terrified she was. He crouched down beside her slowly and extended his hand out to her. "I'm not going to hurt you, you're going to be okay" he said with a concerned look in his eyes. The little girl looked over at him, and though she had no eyes she could still see everything so very clear. She grabbed his hand slowly and smiled. "I can feel you..." she said in a soft tone. "I can feel...you're kind... and gentle and honest. You really are here to help me... but why are you an Elf in this kingdom, are you a prisoner?' she ask. Adan's eyes widen, "You're an Empath oracle." he ask surprised. Also shaking his head. "I'm not prisoner but I can get you out of here, but I need to know what happened... why were you taken?" he said trying to sound as calm as possible. The oracle tilted her head and raised her tiny hands near his face. "May I?" she ask him. Adan looked confused but nodded not sure what she meant. The oracle placed her hands on each side of his temples and his eyes began to glow. Suddenly his head was filled with vivid motion pictures almost like a moving playing in his head. She was showing him her memories, visions.

Adan gasp as he saw the horrific events taking place. Shortly after the war began the Oracle's were a family of 5. A mother, father, two sons and one daughter. The family fled away into the mountains as they were a neutral race and wanted no part to be used in any war. The were noble and kind and giving. Shortly after they fled, every kingdom set out to find this family. Wanting to abduct the oracles to use them in winning the war. Oracles were gifted with seeing the future and telling what events would take place and when. They had no eyes but could see beyond reality and into the future. Good and bad. Witches, fairies, pixies, giants ogres, even elfs all searched for the Oracles and had no luck until they were discovered hiding in a cavern deep within the mountains. Over a course of time the oracles were attack. Fires being set, magic and dark fairy dust, anything to capture the family or even just one. One by one the oracle family was killed as they sacrificed there magic and energy to their daughter who had escaped just in time but unfortunately watch her family perish. They'd rather die them be a part in helping this war. The last remaining oracle fled into the dark forest, alone and scared. She had no one left.

This brought tears to Adan's eyes. But the vision continued. Over a period of time, the oracles became one with nature n the dark forest. befriending the creatures who lived there. She wanted to protect them like her family protected her. Adan didn't see any Goblins or Trolls during any of the attack until a new vision started which occurred the other night. Adan's father, got word that one Oracle remained alive it was their key to shifting the war in their favor. He sent out Kovaine and his soldiers into the dark forest to search for the Oracle. That's when he saw his uncle attack the oracle. Though the forest animals tried to protect the her. Mutated animals, birds black bears, swans, snakes, monkeys you name it all came to the oracles aid. Taking out soldier at a time until they finally over powered the animals and the oracle. Adan's uncle was the last one standing as he captured her and chained her up. She was defenseless, and heartbroken as she saw her forest friends being slaughter trying to protect her. It was happening all over again. The vision led to her being dragged by chains until she was in the kingdom and locked away where she resided now. Adan's eyes stop glowing as the vision ended with tears streaming down his face the oracle whipped them away. Adan had no words to say. He was horrified as to what his family had done to this poor girl. How heartless and selfish they were to stoop so low.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/8 11:50:20 )
As Ruvyn got warm by the fire, he looked over to his parents who were packing up the cookies that his mother planned on handing out. It was then that his curiosity got the better of him. "Mom? Dad? Could I ask you both a question?" he asked. His father looked over his shoulder at him and chuckled. "Technically you just did, but yes you can Ruvyn." his father answered. "What is it you want to ask us?" his father asked. Ruvyn was silent then, he wasn't sure how his parents would react to his question but he was curious to find out. "Is it possible for an elf to live in a place where there aren't many elves?" he asked and watched his parents' reactions carefully. His parents shared a look then stopped what they were doing and turned to look at Ruvyn who looked like someone who had been caught committing some sort of sin. "Well...that's an interesting question." his father started. "I think it can be possible." his father answered. "Possible, but not easy. I think that if you were living in a place where the number of elves is so small, I think it would make life difficult because you wouldn't have that many people you could talk to or relate to." he continued. Ruvyn's mother then rested a hand on the counter-top and the other on her hip. "Ruvyn, where did you come up with such a question anyway?" she asked. Ruvyn made a face then, he hadn't really thought this far ahead. Good job Ruvyn. Now they're going to get suspicious. he thought to himself. "A dream." he answered quickly. "Or...nightmare I suppose. Last night. I was the only elf and well, there were a few others but it was weird and I was scared. Uncomfortable even." he lied. "Poor dear. Well you don't have to worry your pretty little head about that. Even if it were reality, I think it would be hard like your father said. Especially since you wouldn't know if you could trust the others who weren't like you. It would not be impossible though, no." Ruvyn's mother informed honestly.

Wow, they had believed the lie? Nice! So according to his parents, it was possible for elves to live surrounded by a different race. Maybe that's why Adan was still alive? The trolls hadn't killed him yet and he had said he was the heir to the throne. What would that be like? An elf king to a Troll kingdom? "Do you think that it would be possible for an elf to rule a kingdom that was of another race?" Ruvyn suddenly heard himself as his parents who looked confused. They weren't too surprised though, they knew Ruvyn always liked to ask questions even if they didn't make sense. He was always a curious child. "No dear, I think it would be impossible for a single elf to rule over a land where he or she is in the minority." his mother answered easily. That's what Ruvyn had thought too though. Adan wasn't lying though when he said he was the heir to the throne. "Was that part of your dream too Ruvyn?" his father asked, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Huh? Oh, n-no. That was just me being curious t-that's all." he said and quickly helped his parents with the cookies. "Did you want me to go deliver these?" he asked his mother. His mother smiled and kissed his forehead, "Why don't we all go? I think some time chatting with the neighbors will do you some good. You don't ever go out and talk to people Ruvyn, you need to make friends here you know." his mother reminded. "Mom, it's not my fault the kids here are boring. They never want to climb trees or run around. They're always just wanting to socialize. It's boring. We have nothing in common." Ruvyn explained. His mother rolled her eyes and shook her head. "There is nothing wrong with socializing Ruvyn. You don't become friends with anyone if you don't socialize first; and I'm sure you and the others have a few things in common. You just have to really try to get to know a person first. Come one now, let's go hand out these boxes." she said to an unhappy looking Ruvyn. "You'll be fine." his father assured.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/8 12:48:00 )
The little girl gave Adan a small smile still holding onto his hand. "You're very compasionate and kind" she said still being able to feel his emotions. He was true and honest. "My name is Sybil, its nice to meet you Adan." she said is dry voice. She was clearly dehydrated and tired.
Adan gave a small smile "its so nice to meet you Sybil." he quickly glanced over the chains that were wrapped around her tiny wrist and ankles and began to yank on them from the ground up. "Let me see if i can get you out of here, unfortunately i am without a key." he said as he began to tug. He continued until his hands bled.
"Stop, you're hurting yourself" Sybil warned. But Adan didn't care, he needed to free her and quickly, tomorrow the guards will be back and he might not have another chance. He checked the time on his wrist watch. 7:49pm. The sun was set and surly the only one who'd come check on her would be his uncle.
"I can't break the chains, and theres nothing in here!" he said in a panic. Sybil quickly gripped Adan's hand again. "Theres great power inside you... but.... its in slumber.." he said softly. "Yes... I've discover last night.." she interrupted him. "You're, a Telekinetic, i can feel your power" she said griping his wrist. "but something is blocking you from using you magic" she continued. "A barrier of some sort is protect around this kingdom by a great witch, it prevents any magic from being used once entered, almost like a protection spell" She said "i can't see a clear picture due from being so weak but." She stopped. There was a loud bang from upstairs. Someone was coming. Adan panicked. "Go before they find you down here!" Sybil cried. Adan shook his head. "No. i can't leave you in this state there has to be a way!"
He began to panic and heard footsteps getting closer and closer. His heart was racing what was going to happened if someone caught him down here? Adan's eyes began to glow and he suddenly he felt the energy he had from the other night, without even thinking he quickly raised his hands towards Sybil lifting the chains and snapping them. in half, break them around her neck, wrist and ankles. He quickly dashed over to her picking her up in his arms and the two suddenly vanished.

Adan and Sybil appeared outside the city and kingdom walls. Adan's eyes returned to normal and he came to realized what happened.
"That..... that is the third time where I've felt that energy. Almost.... almost like it comes to my aid when I'm in danger of some sort.."
He thought in his head. The first time was encountering Ruvyn in the forest.
The second time was falling out of the tree and almost dying
and just now, the panic of getting caught and saving another ones life.
Adan set Sybil on the ground gentle and fell back on his butt feeling exhausted.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/8 14:09:38 )
Ruvyn followed his parents to the last stop. The house of a family friend, probably the only person Ruvyn didn't mind visiting. Of course, he didn't visit them very often. It was hard to visit someone when you were busy running off and risking the chance of getting caught and dragged back home or worse. "Thank-you, the kids will really love these. You know they always enjoy the things you drop off, it's always such a nice surprise." The woman said politely as they sat down in her large living room. Stay entertained, stay entertained, stay entertained. Ruvyn repeated over and over in his head like a mantra that needed to be followed. While he enjoyed visiting, he still felt out of place. The kids weren't exactly his age, so they would rather play with toys than climb trees and Ruvyn wasn't about to start playing with dolls. "Well I'm always happy to bake you some treats, I wouldn't mind." Ruvyn's mother answered. "Can you believe winter is already around the corner?" Ruvyn's mother asked. "Yes it's hard to believe isn't it? I wasn't expecting it to come so soon. My husband and I were getting firewood ready today. Best to get things done early on than to wait until the last minute." the woman explained. "Winter time and war time. What a depressing time it is for us isn't it?" The male asked, making Ruvyn's parents nod. "The king is a good man, I have faith he won't let the enemy attack us. If they get close enough I am sure that the king and queen have forces that will send the enemy back where they came from." The male said softly.

At this time, Ruvyn was in his own little world. He wondered what the royal family was like. Did they really have forces at the ready? Did they even know what they were dealing with? No, they probably didn't. They probably didn't know that the enemy had an oracle in their hands now. Poor thing... he thought to himself. Looking up as he heard the children laugh, he watched as they chased each other around before heading outside to the back. Well, at least someone was enjoying themselves. Ruvyn's father laughed, "Yes of course. I don't think the enemy will be attacking any time soon. I heard our kingdom's defenses are the best the royal family has to offer. Besides, a war in the middle of winter doesn't sound too smart. If you don't get killed by your enemy, you'd die from the cold. You know how cold winters get here." he said and looked over at Ruvyn. "He'll be fine, I'm sure he'll stay indoors this time." his wife said softly. The woman then gave them a sad smile, "Ruvyn still has a hard time during winters?" she asked. "Yes. It isn't so bad right now since it's not very cold and snow hasn't fallen yet, but Ruvyn is always weakest when Winter comes." Ruvyn's father answered. "Why is that?" The woman asked.

Ruvyn's father shrugged and looked at the couple, "I don't know. We tell him to stay inside where it's warm, especially on snowy days but you know how he is. Always wants to be outside climbing things. Sometimes he climbs onto the roof of the house despite how dangerous that is." he answered. "It's who he is, you can't change him. You can though, try to keep him safe as much as you can. If he has to step outside for whatever reason, just make sure he dresses warm." the male suggested. "We might need to buy more winter clothes for him, some warmer blankets for all of us would be good as well." Ruvyn's mother suggested to her husband. Ruvyn's family didn't have a ton of money but they had more than what lower class families had and they were very careful about what they spent it on. When it came to Ruvyn though, they could never be too careful. He was their only son after all. It was true, around winter time, if it was too cold or if it snowed Ruvyn would feel weak and wouldn't be able to use his magic. He couldn't focus and he'd get sick much easier too. It wasn't something you could take medicine for, it was just something that Ruvyn himself had to live with and hope that over time his body would grow used to the cold. Despite how miserable he could be during wintertime, he still loved it and his parents were right; a little cold or snow wasn't enough to keep him locked away inside.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/8 14:35:29 )
The sun was just setting and the darkness started to shroud the forest around them. Adan sighed with relief. Not really knowing what to do next he turned to Sybil and smiled. "You're safe.. but we best not stay here lets go find you some water" he said standing up and offering his hand. He didn't really know where to go actually but he started to walk.
"Its this way to the lake" she said pulling him to the left. Of course she knew where to go. She lived here for awhile and she could see mostly everything.
"Just up ahead" she said as they grew closer to the lake. It felt like they were walking forever until Adan smelt the fresh lake breeze. The moon wasn't illuminating it tonight, too many dark clouds in the sky from winter coming. it became colder and colder as time went on and Adan took off his shirt and tunic and wrapped Sybil in them. The rags she was wearing now were torn and not very warm. Though he couldn't do much about her bare feet. He covered his body with his arms and smiled. "Best to keep you warm" he said with a nod. Sybil gave a slight smile and thanked him. The two finally reached the lake as they heard the frogs croaking. Sybil ran up and scooped up some water with her hands. Gulping it down as fast as she could and Adan did the same. Shaking from the cold and from being nervous he looked over behind his shoulder every now and then to make sure they were safe.
"You don't have to worry, most of the creatures are in hiding or sleeping during this time, and no imps, witches or demons lurk around the lake, its protect by magic. See those tree stumps over there? with the colorful mushrooms?" she said pointed in another direction. "Those act as a ward, any dark magic or creature who tries to pass through are insanely repelled, almost like an invisible force field.." Adan was relieved to hear this and though he had just met this little girl he knew and felt so trusting and comfortable around her.

He sat down hugging himself taking slow deep breaths as he adjusted to the cold. Adan was pretty fit, small pecs, a 6 pack none the less though very slim and darn attractive. He started seeing his breath in the air as he spoke. "Sybil... i don't mean to ask... thinking i want information out of you... but.... what will happen next?" he asked not knowing if it was alright.
Sybil lowed her head and sigh.
"I can not say for sure to be 100% honest" she started "Oracles can see many things but in my experience though I'm young i get many fuzzy visions of the futures or i get hints as you could say" she fiddled with her tiny fingers and looked up at Adan.
"Adan... all i can say is i see you...coming to a very difficult decision in your life very soon that will make you choose a path that will make one party happy while the other is left miserable.. You can't save everyone... just remember that, you come first..especially in this time of war, war brings out a nasty side of people...loved ones and family that will turn on you the minute things don't go their way. Learn who you can trust and keep that group small." She finished as she sat down next to him. Adan froze with fear, anticipation and at some confusion.

"Loved ones and family turning on me?" he thought in his head. "My family... wouldn't turn on me though." he kept these thoughts to himself and didn't know wether to trust or believe everything but he kept an opened mind. Sybil quickly griped his wrist and smiled.
"You can trust him" she said turning a bit red.

"Trust him? trust who?" he asked quickly confused. Sybil kept quiet and smiled.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/8 15:25:33 )
It was getting darker and darker out and Ruvyn was getting impatient. Adan was probably already waiting for him in the forest and Ruvyn was stuck with his parents who where buying him more winter clothing. He knew why they were doing it, they did this almost every single winter. He always ended up having to get rid of some stuff that didn't appeal to him anymore just to make some space for the new stuff. When they were done shopping, the three of them headed back home where Ruvyn took his things to his room while hiss mother made dinner. Ruvyn appreciated what his parents were doing for him, it made him feel warm inside. Still, he wasn't going to stop doing what he wanted to do just because his parents asked him to. He wasn't stupid, he wasn't going to push himself past his limits either. Okay who was he kidding? He probably would, he was always just too curious for his own good. Ruvyn opened up his closet to hang his new clothes and looked down at Adan's tunic, he had to take it back to him tonight.

Dinner went by nicely and he helped his mother with the dishes then when it was time for bed, he left to his room and waited. He waited in the darkness of his room and listened to any sounds that would tell him if his parents were awake or now. He always dreaded hearing them, it was a thought that made him uncomfortable even if it never happened. Maybe they wait until you're fast asleep. he thought to himself and shuddered. After a few more minutes of eerie silence, Ruvyn pulled on his tunic then wrapped Adan's tunic around himself like a scarf. He opened his window to see just how cold it was and quickly closed it again. It was really, really cold out. "This could be a problem...maybe." he whispered to himself and pulled up the hood of his tunic over his head. Looking back in his closet, he grabbed another scarf and wrapped it around himself and picked up a sweater which he tied up around his waist to wear just in case he needed to. Ruvyn walked out to the kitchen and grabbed a box of homemade cookies then grabbed a couple of apples and some boxes of juice. He carried all this back to his room and picked up his leather satchel. "This should be more than enough..I hope." Ruvyn packed up all the snacks in the satchel then slung it across his shoulder and opened up his window again.

Ruvyn carefully slipped out through his window and closed it just a bit before running off in the dark towards the walls. He was quick about it, not wanting to keep Adan waiting. The thought of Adan alone didn't sit well with him. He climbed a tree and leaped from tree to tree, almost slipping a few times until he reached the wall. He dropped down and winced at the pain that shot up his legs from the impact of his feet hitting the ground so hard. It took him a second or two to get a move on again. The tall elven male jumped up and over the wall with such ease then ran off towards the forest. His hard breaths forming small clouds in front of him each time. It was then that he realized just how cold it really was. "N-no fair....w-winter shouldn't have come so soon this year." he said to himself between hard breaths. Now then, where could Adan be in such a large forest?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/8 15:50:30 )
Adan and Sybil moved away from the lake and sat up under a giant lush tree with dark grey leaves and purple tree bark. You could tell winter was coming despite the drastic weather change all the tree's changed colors during the season, and with winter it was mostly purple. Sybil leaned her head on Adan and wrapped her arms around his to help keep him warm. She offered back his shirt and Tunic multiple times but he refused. He was more concerned about her especially after what she endured.
He was quiet having all the thoughts run through his head. Will his family know she's escaped by now? will they know he helped her? Are they looking right now? All this kept Adan worried and panicked and Sybil could feel all this.

"The King and Queen are asleep and The troll who kiddnapped me is drunk with a witch next to him by a fire in a library it seems." Adan looked down at her and realize... "that's right she can see things" Still it amazed him. Knowing this though made him feel slightly better, he could relax and feel free. Just as he started to close his eyes Ruvyns face appeared in his head once again. Realizing they never set a day or time they'd meet again, it made Adan wondered if they really would ever see each other. He could ask Sybil, or maybe she already knew what Adan was thinking or feeling about him. Would it be weird to check on a stranger he just met with her help.? He stayed quiet and leaned his head agasint hers and dozed off.

Some time had past until Sybil shook Adan awake. "Someone is here.." she said softly .Adan quickly stood up, still realizing he was in the boundaries of the barrier. "Can you see who it is?" he asked her rubbing his eyes not knowing how long he slept. Sybil gripped his arm once again.
"Its....the boy....the boy in your head" she said taking a step forward. "The boy I saw in.." she stopped what was she about to say? where else did she see this boy?In a vision perhaps? "Ruyvn?" Adan asked. Sybil tilted her head towards Adan and smiled.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/9 06:17:16 )
Ruvyn cursed under his breath as he fell from a tree branch, rough purple looking bark in his hands as he lay on the ground. Groaning, he stood up and dusted himself off; dropping the bark to the ground. The trees here looked old, it was actually pretty easy to snap off the outer layer of tree bark if you wanted to. However, due to the rough texture it left your hands pretty scratched up. It was fine though, nothing to worry about. "I guess I'm on the ground for now." Ruvyn said to himself and stuck his tongue out at the tree then continued walking through the forest. In a perfect world, Ruvyn would have called out to Adan to find out where he was but right now calling out to anyone was dangerous. His feet crunched on the fallen leaves that had fallen from the trees. Curiously, he knelt down and picked up one of the many leaves and looked at it closely. It was grey, a dark shade of it. "Strange." he said to himself and dropped the leaf to the ground and started running deeper and deeper into the forest.

It was getting harder and harder to see anything now from how dark it had gotten and it was suddenly much colder. Why was it always so cold here? Ruvyn's bright blue eyes scanned the area, looking behind him but seeing nothing. "Adan where are you?" he asked himself and rubbed his hands together to stay warm. Ruvyn reached down to make sure he hadn't dropped anything when he fell and noticed he didn't have his dagger with him. He cursed again and looked around. Had he dropped it? He hadn't seen it when he had gotten back up. Now that he thought about it, he had left it at home. "Great, just great." he whispered to himself. A breeze rustled the tree leaves and a few more fell down to his feet. Wherever Adan was, hopefully he was warm.

Ruvyn continued running as fast as his feet could take him, using his magic he used the light from his palm to light his way. It didn't help too much but at least he could make out figures now. The figures looked huddled up under a tree far off in the distance. It was still going to be a long run to get there and with how cold it was, it was going to be a difficult run to. "Come on Ruvyn, you love running anyway s-so this shoudln't be t-too hard for you." Ruvyn said to himself quietly as he ran towards the figures he saw and ran even faster when one of the figures moved.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/9 10:35:14 )
Sybil stayed within the barrier holding Adan's hand. He was shivering and his skin was turning more pale as the night went on. He instantly fell to his knees unable to keep himself standing. Mixed with using his energy earlier and nearly freezing in the middle of the forest he could hardly keep himself from collapsing. Sybil cried out as she tried to help him back up. "Oh no Adan. Stand up, you need to stand up!" She panicked for a moment and because she was touching him, she could feel his icy skin and his heart slowing down. Adan lifted his head and his eyes shut with seeing a shadow figure running towards them, he didn't even have the energy to panic or get worried.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/9 12:05:05 )
Ruvyn was panting when he reached the figures which turned out to be Adan and the girl they had seen last night. "A-adan?" he said quietly and fell to his knees. "Adan! Adan are you okay?" He asked and reached out, placing one hand on Adan's cheek and quickly pulling it away. "You're freezing!" he gasped and untied his sweater from his waist, blushing when he realized that Adan had no shirt on. "A-adan hang on o-okay?" he stuttered and quickly helped Adan put on the sweater. "There we g-go. Now here is your t-tunic. I did promise to return it to you." Ruvyn said softly and wrapped the tunic around Adan and frowned. This wasn't going to be enough to keep him warm. "I'm sorry I took so long to get here. Winter and I don't exactly get along." he explained and removed his scarf before wrapping it around Adan carefully, he was doing anything he could to help Adan warm up. What did his parents do when he was cold? Ruvyn tried to remember and then pulled Adan into his arms after he shrugged off his jacket. He held Adan close against him and draped the warm jacket over him as if it were a blanket then looked over at the girl. "Y-you're the little...oracle...how..?" Ruvyn was going to ask how she got away but then remembered what Adan had said about saving her. "You actually saved her.." he whispered to no one in particular and quickly removed his satchel, even though food was probably not going to help Adan stay warm.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.