Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Yearly Gold Sink Raffle

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/31 23:08:37 )

Hello, this was mentioned in the gold sink RIG thread. I wanted to make a topic about it for people to share their thoughts on it here.

Gold sinks are always good ideas. I think a yearly staff run raffle would be great! It doesn't matter what time of year it is, but during an event or holiday, I think, would be best. I love the idea of one during Dec and then the raffle winners would be announced on Christmas! Voltra's Anniversary event would work as well, or when the site is no long considered a beta.
The items in the raffle would be items no longer available for purchase in the shops, like Crates, Crate items, past Crate rares, maybe some event items? The staff would get to pick what goes into the raffle. Users would be able to buy as many raffle tickets as they wanted in the shops with Volts (Pick a number, 500 volts each?). These tickets are soul-bound to the User's account. The winners would be announced in a Surge Update, after the staff has drawn the numbers. Each user would only be allowed to win once, and the item would go straight into their account. (The winning item is not soul-bound.)

I know that some people have a problem with items being re-released, and I do too. However, I don't think that allowing only one extra copy of an item for the raffle would not hurt the sites economy. It doesn't devalue the item, and it's a great Volt sink, that all users would want to enter. It's often hard to have gold sinks that all users wish to partake in.

Please add your thoughts on this matter.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/1 02:07:51 )

+1 from me. We always had one on my old avi home and so many people would enter. Definitly a good gold sink. I also don't think items really got more expensive because of it.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/1 02:15:52 )

Thanks for the plus one. I agree with you.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/1 08:57:39 )
Yes yes yes yes yes please, this was such a great thing and it kept the old items from being completely unobtainable.

If there were DOZENS of these coming out it'd be an issue, but one per raffle (maybe 1-2 times a year tops) definitely wouldn't hurt anything.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/1 09:19:22 )

Thanks for the feedback. ^^

Donator — She/Buns Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:41:45 )

i LOVE the idea of a yearly raffle.
it would be a great gold sink and i think voltra anniversary would be a great time for it.

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Donator — Pokemon Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/2 02:45:21 )
I agree!
Good idea and a release of one extra item won't hurt the economy at all!

Im down for this >D

art by: blinkini (idk why i never put this here 3 years ago)

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/17 17:18:04 )
Unicorn is a deer until a
+1 but I don't think we should be able to pick out our own numbers. It would be best to buy, and have are names put in whichever number slot that is still open.
Unicorn horn gets made!
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/6 20:31:27 )

+1 from me.
And I think what Total means is the tickets themselves would have their own number. Like an ID number. You wouldn't pick it, and you probably wouldn't even see it. But the staff would.

|

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/6 22:11:36 )

Thank you
And yes, that is how I meant it lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.