Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Prodigy's Avi Edits

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 06:23:57 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

So the lovely @Panda: suggested I do some avi edits to try out the tooling pixel style. I'm mostly a traditional hard-edge pixelist but I've done tool shading in the past. It's a huge learning curve, since I don't even do digital drawings, but it was fun to experiment with! Plus the bases here are just too cute to stay away from, so I'll be posting any new random edits I made here and there. ^^

I'll start this off with some little retro items: a dress, bandana, and platform heels. Here's the grayscales as well as a colored version with roses.

Next is a set inspired by one of my OCs. I did three versions: one grayscale, one black/white, and one in blue and pink. I removed the vest for each as well to show off the top. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 06:26:08 )
@booty: Aww thank you! :D And yeah, I'm not reserving anything in here. ^^

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 06:47:28 )

@Prodigy: omggggg I love it so much!!!! You need to be a part time artist here, so I can buy all the purdy pixels.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 06:49:17 )
@Panda: Haha! If I could I would. xD I have so little free time as it is though that I could never devote the time Voltra deserves. >< But I'm glad you like them!

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 06:50:06 )

@Prodigy: maybe just pixel whenever you feel like it? :0 since they already have a lot of artist and you had the time to do such a lovely edit lol :p I want those items so bad like you have no idea !!!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 06:51:29 )
@Panda: Maybe eventually? :D Who knows what Fozzy and the other Voltra staff are in need of when it comes to helpers. But yeah, I do kinda wish I could just pop in a ton of random items. I mostly just want the shoes. We need heels. :vanora_heart:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 06:52:59 )

I'm pretty sure that 'throw random items at things' is how our artists work outside of like 'hey, artist, can you make this specific event item for next month' type stuff.
-w-

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 06:55:34 )
@Klefki: Haha, yeah it seems like they like to just have fun creating different things and just upload them each week. I really like that style rather than them getting trapped into doing specific items.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 07:00:29 )

It actually applies for many site artists - they enjoy lots of creative freedom and autonomy.

That dress is amazing though. I need it. I NEED IT! Retro things are just lovely. ♥

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 07:02:47 )
@Vii: Yeah, that's the way we worked back on Sapherna when I was an artist there. ^^ And thank you! :D I'm glad you like it. These kinds of dresses are my absolute favorite things to wear so I hope we get one like it eventually. xD

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 07:43:38 )

@Prodigy: I’m into the retro/vintage stuff, so I need to have this whole set!! Especially the skirt and heels.

Voltie — moo Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 07:44:26 )
The items you made look so beautiful! Great job

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 07:55:53 )
@Panda: I'm sure we'll have a retro set sooner or later! Every avi site seems to come out with one eventually since it's such a popular theme. ^^

@Moossey: Thank you! :D

I'm working on another set now that's inspired from one of my OCs. Hopefully I'll have it done shortly.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 07:58:27 )

@Prodigy: hope so and I need to adopt you inside a jar or something. :p you are so magical.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 08:09:23 )
@Panda: Awwww you're too sweet. xD :vanora_icon:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 08:11:16 )

Man, screw getting that dress on here.
I want that dress in real life

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 08:20:54 )
@Klefki: I know right? It was inspired by a dress I got for a cosplay but mine's red with black polka dots. I really want one with roses now!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 08:25:24 )
Here's another set I did inspired by my OC, Mercury. ^^ I had to remove the vest for each version as well to show off the top since the vest kinda blocks it. xD

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 08:27:56 )

I see a lot of cute dresses on those crappy chinese garbage stores and they hurt me.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/29 08:28:54 )
@Klefki: I know. D: They always rip you off with something super cheap. I got my dress on Amazon and it's surprisingly nice!

Ping me so I don't ghost you by accident!
ART REQUEST

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.