Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Morning Sickness

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 20:37:52 )
No, I am not pregnant. xD And I know I'm not because this has been going on for a few years now (which, by the way, is really hard to believe because it doesn't feel that long?) but anyway...

Whenever I'm really super hungry, rather than get stomach rumbles or anything, my stomach will just kind of burn and I end up feeling really nauseated. It typically happens early in the morning, anytime between 4 AM to when I get up around 7, but can happen any time when I haven't eaten in a while and need some food; thankfully, it usually only lasts up to 5 minutes at a time and then goes away. The thing that really sucks is that it'll take my appetite away, so while I'll be quite literally starving and NEED to get something in my stomach, food has absolutely zero appeal. q-q I had a bout with anorexia before this problem began, too, so I suspect the two are related (also, please don't starve yourself ♥).

Does anybody else have this problem? If so, did you ever find a cause / solution / explanation? Eventually, I'll go to a doctor and talk to them about it, but... I can't afford to go to the doctor because I actually work for a living. c':

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 21:49:49 )
Yes, sometimes I get so food to where I feel like I'm ill. Sometimes I just try to power through it and have some toast, or something simple like that.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 00:29:49 )
I am not a doctor but I feel similar when I go to sleep soon after I eat. I wake up feeling acid-y and bloated. Try eating earlier? Also try to eat at regular intervals. Hope I helped!

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 00:49:20 )
Nausea can be caused by your blood sugar being wonky. It may be a result of waking up with your blood sugar too low. There are sugar testers for diabetics that are very cheap and easy to obtain at basic Walmart, if you're us based, that you can purchase if you want to try and test this possibility. It's used to be an issue I dealt with a lot before I got my blood sugars under control. ^^
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 01:43:39 )
@Saeyra: How do you mean, eating earlier? Or shall I say, do you mean breakfast or dinner? The longer I go between meals, the more likely I typically am to feel sick at some point. Though sometimes I've eaten a rather large dinner at around 9 PM, went to sleep a couple hours later, and woke up really early in the morning with a serious need for more food. c': It's almost like the more I eat, the faster my body uses it, idk?

@Slytherclaw: I've suspected blood sugar problems for a while, especially since my eating patterns are super weird--exacerbated of course by the weird bouts of nausea. I'll eat like a bird most of the time, and then binge every few days on everything in sight. xD I never thought to get a blood glucose meter, though! I'll have to take a look next time at Walmart and see how much they are. Thanks for the idea!
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 03:18:57 )
Everyone does has changing blood sugar levels though. (Just to keep in mind)
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 06:02:58 )
Okay, I actually feel kind of like this a lot, though not usually too early in the morning and without the burning stomach stuff...and I think it's because I don't eat proper meals as often as I should. In fact, because of my super busy work schedule, I usually only eat dinner. And in the late morning to late afternoon, I generally get the hunger nausea going on. But then it eventually dies down and I forget to eat again until dinner.
So for me, eating even just small snacks periodically in the day would probably help.
Not sure what advice I can offer you though since your body is different. Maybe keep water nearby that you can drink at night when that happens just so your stomach isn't quite so empty? Not really sure at all.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.