Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Events Moody's Spooky Castle| Free sketches

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/22 23:17:05 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Last event went by so fast i completely forgot about the freebs.
adhd in a nutshell.

Feel free to post for art or just to buy event items. Tell me what you love most about halloween, do you dress up?
Or do you prefer to stay in with a movie night?

Posting frequently will help me decide who to draw as sometimes I cannot draw everyone. so remember not to just post and abandon.
And please remember, Do not change your avatar if you want your avatar drawn, otherwise i can't draw you
if you change your outfit every time you post.
Thank you and happy posting!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/22 23:30:23 )
@MoodyB: Hello how are you? How the weekend going for ya?

Totes posting both for candy and arts this time around.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/22 23:35:15 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Rei Ann: I am good thank you. Not much for me going on with my weekend other than
trying to finish making this prompt list for November's 30-day art challenge im doing lol.
hbu?

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/22 23:36:11 )
@MoodyB: What is this Nov art challenge? I've just posting around on voltra, and playing the sims 4.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/22 23:38:45 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Rei Ann: It's called Huevember, each prompt comes with a hue of the color wheel. Such as if it's yellow it has to be the main color of the piece.
I figured i'd used it to improve my portfolio of sorts.

Ooo fun. I've been playing a ton of sims 4. I have been doing the Not to Berry challenge.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/22 23:44:47 )
@MoodyB: Oooh that sounds like a fun challenge. I wish you the best of luck with it.

Oooh, I am starting a file, with a guy where I try to make him have 100 kids. My own 100 baby challenge.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 00:18:55 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Rei Ann: Thank you, I'm super excited for it! I've been wanting to do it for about 2 years now.
I tried one year but it was after I did pinktober so I only did 1 day

Oooo fun! I still need to do a 100 baby challenge honestly! Maybe after I get a few more packs. XD
Though im taking it slow with Not so Berry since I'm missing the Get together and outdoor retreat packs I'll need for 2 of the future generations.
But for the 1st gen, My girl Pepper seems to have a talent for starting multiple fires. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 00:24:43 )
@MoodyB: Well I think a lot of packs are on sale. But yeah, I still missing a few myself. So like no rush. I didn't know the not so berry required certain packs. I've only watched people do that one.

Well I'll be rooting for you this year.

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 00:43:42 )
@MoodyB: Hey good to see you around again! :3
Totally cool if you don't get around to drawing me but here's some of my fave avis of mine if you're interested! I included my current one just in case haha

How've you been?

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 01:27:27 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Rei Ann: Sadly i have missed two sales u. u
Mostly since job searching has been really bad this year. I work as a freelance artist but it seems jobs are very scarce this year.
Though i'm also saving up for a new sweater. My current one i have on has so many rips and tears on the sleeves.

Haha thank you! I'll probably revive my art gallery once November kicks off. :3

@Ruby: I seriously love your current one! I just gotta draw it!
I've been pretty good for the most part, though i'm a little crampy today.

how are you though?

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 01:34:01 )
@MoodyB: Oh yay I'm glad you love it! :3 I was wanting art of this but thought I'd provide options haha Our avis could totally be from the same universe too xD

Glad to hear you're mostly good <3 ugh I'm sorry. I'm about to be crampy too and I'm like dear god why D;

I'm pretty good too :3 Feeling accomplished getting lots of stuff done :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 02:35:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Ruby: Omg yess. besties...they gotta be XDD Now i'm getting all kinds of ideas! my brain is either 0 or 100.

Ugh lady month, gotta hate it. Why you always gotta be a pain every month.

Ooo awesome! love us a productive day.
I feel i haven't been productive in a hot minute lolol. I did reply to some jobs though, so i feel that counts.

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 04:46:21 )
@MoodyB:

haha xD I love that tho :3 what kinda ideas are you getting? o3o

seriously right?! And like either be a mess with no pain or be pain with no mess. Pick one gdi lol it's such a disruptive thing. And omg I could have nothing planned for weeks and the one day/week I have stuff to do is when it decides to show up ;3; y u gotta be so mean mother nature?

Sameee I'm always like "I shoulda done more today, oh well I guess there's tomorrow" but I've had a lot of insomnia lately and getting a lot of stuff around here updated/fixed lol if you have any layering issues hmu xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 18:49:23 )
@MoodyB: I dressed up last year, to take my daughter out trick or treating. But I don't think that I will this year, still haven't desided.

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 21:10:48 )
I haven't dressed up in years... I think I was a teenager... my whole family did when we took the littles out trick or treating and mine was perfect cuz I went as a cow(only costume my Aunt had) and my cousin showed up as a farmer... so yeah, lol.

Nowadays I prefer to stay in and watch scary movies on tv... my traditonal movie is Salem's Lot(the 70's vers). I used to love giving out candy, but when covid hit we barely had any kids, then we moved into an apt and well, you don't trick or treat at apt complexes.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 22:51:38 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Ruby: not too sure yet but my brain wants to draw full bodies.
which may be an absolute bad idea XDD but i have been getting faster at them. but i want a pose that shows their polar opposites basically lolol.

for real. this one is no pain but a mess. and I get bad symptoms if i get no cramps hardly. lots of fatigue and dizziness I remember back when i was a teenager maybe 14? around there. relatives and I went up to this mountain area called Steamboat in CO and i started my period there and i told them my flow is heavy and i swear they bought me the thinnest pads they could find.
they just had to go back to the store lmaoo.

Haha yeah. i haven't done art in a hot minute so guilt sets in so quick for me and then all I did was play sims for my little stressed out brain ;w; Haha will do. i don't often change my avi on here. i really need to buy some crate items and such. I got so many volts XDD

@fuzzy: Ahh i see. i'm sure it'll be a great time regardless of what you choose.

@macsen191: i tend to love dressing up even if i don't go out lolol. I just think it's fun to dress up i suppose. I don't really celebrate halloween, but i enjoy it. though i have cut out a lot of sweet treats XDD so im more of a movie watcher. Not horror films though, mostly just halloween movies from my past that were nostalgic to me like Halloween town. though one that's not technically a halloween movie but is a classic is called Practical magic. One of my top faves and was my mom's fave too.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 23:31:15 )
@MoodyB: Ah, yeah I hate missing sales. It's always nice to get the stuff on discount. Oh really? Any idea why would jobs be so scarce this year? I don't know how the freelance market works.

Ooh new sweaters are lovely, if you find the most perfect and warm one.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 23:40:47 )
@MoodyB: Thank you, it's just been a strange year this year.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 23:43:59 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Rei Ann: Definitely know why lol. GenAI. It's been taking a lot of artists jobs sadly u. u
Freelance is basically having someone commission your work. Sometimes commissioners will be looking for something, for example, a portrait of your witch character. freelance artist applies, posting samples, terms, prices, etc and then you get a reply back if the person likes your work or is suited for the commissioners vision.

However, i've seen so many people commissioning AI people mistakenly and being scammed which is pretty sad since AI is scraped artwork from others and without permission.

I have a sweater in mind, i missed the sale on that one too XDD but it's a pink care bear sweater. <3

@Fuzzy: I know the feeling. I hope things get better if they aren't going well.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 23:48:36 )
@MoodyB: I didn't realize that AI was taking that much work. Cause like to me it's not the same, but people I guess like the cheap and easy way.

Oooh I see. Yeah I can see why that can take time to find a job, or well clients on your side.

That does around like an adorable little sweater.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.