Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Sae la Vie Gallery and Store [FULL]

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 16:36:22 )
@Lithinel: Haha thats great! Congrats! I'll be seeing you around again sooner than I thought

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 16:37:51 )
@saeyra:
Haha, thanks. And yes, you will indeed! :) I've been posting like crazy since Voltra came back.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 16:59:57 )
@Lithinel: Damn relax dude! I won't be going anywhere :vanora_xd:

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 17:01:58 )
@Saeyra:
Oh no, it's not just because I'm saving up. I just missed Voltra so much, I'm overwhelmed. Lol. Like I'm attacking as many threads as possible just cause I missed talking to everyone here.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 17:10:13 )
@Lithinel: Ah I see, carry on then! haha :vanora_xd: I must get back to working so I can finish sooner!

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 17:13:40 )
@saeyra:
Haha take your time. It's better not to rush amazing art like yours.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 17:53:52 )
@Lithinel: Yeah but I am so excited to work on all these commissions! I got a tiefling, a cute girl, some lord of the rings...ahh I am so happy

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 18:01:46 )
@saeyra:

Ah I see. Haha. I can't blame you then in that case. That's awesome that you're getting commissions you're excited for though.

That reminds me, would it be okay if I came back again in the future to order more art from you? Like after you finish all current commissions. Including mine.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 18:10:58 )
@Lithinel: Haha sure! Why would I mind? Its no problem at all haha I don't have a cap on commissions. :vanora_smile:

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 18:15:25 )
@saeyra:
Cool, thanks. And I just always like to check before just requesting again. Since some artists have like a "wait time" and what not. I started working on an original fantasy series with a friend back in November, and we have a lot of characters who would look great in the style, so I wanted to know if I could request art of them.

The art would be for our own personal use of course, mainly to help us out.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 18:17:17 )
@Lithinel: Oh dude that sounds so interesting! I'd love to hear about it! What kind of time/world is it in?

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 19:00:11 )
@Saeyra: Sorry for the delay, I was eating lunch. But thanks. :)

I'll explain the world the best I can. The story is set in a world that is sort of similar to ours, but also very different. It's kind of a parallel earth, the main difference is that there are no humans in this world. It is instead populated by various types of supernatural creatures. Demons, angels, vampires, faeries, werewolves, kitsune, and more. While it's more of a modern world, it is a lot darker and more dangerous that earth, due to these different creatures. Plus, this magic exists in this world. So think of it as a darker, more dangerous, magical modern earth. There's a few things that earth has that this realm doesn't, like cars for instance. And well, the reason the two worlds are separate is because there are too many creatures in this world that could wreak havoc and cause a lot of devastation in the human world. So keeping the dangerous creatures in the supernatural world is a way of protecting earth.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 19:06:37 )
@Lithinel: So what do they dress like? like shirts and pants and hoodies? Where did their technology stop developing? Like do they have TVs? Its really hard to denote modernism without technology but people dont need technology when they have magic.. I am really interested to see how you solved this.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 19:12:02 )
@Saeyra:
They dress in modern clothes for the most part, jeans, hoodies, etc as you mentioned. As far as TVs go, that much hasn't really been decided and neither have the phones like if they have them or not. We're still in the stages of constructing the world, plot, characters etc but we are making good progress. Music does exist though as do ways to listen to music like stereos/radios. Probably not Ipods though.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 19:18:47 )
@Lithinel: If you make magic have a cost, like its either physically or mentally exhausting there would be a reason to develop technology for the heavy lifting like building, factory production etc. Or they could tame the dragons, ogres and trolls to do that but that would kinda be inhumane? But then again it could just be their culture and how they do things.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 19:24:38 )
@Saeyra:
The magic idea as far as how technology is developed is actually a pretty good idea, so thank you for suggesting it. :) I will keep it in mind at least.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 19:43:45 )
@Lithinel: How do they do magic? like with wands, hand gestures or some other way perhaps?

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 19:50:42 )
@saeyra:
Most magical beings can either channel the elements, or they use herbs and such in their spells. Other than that it would be hand gestures. No wands.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 19:52:06 )
@Lithinel: Oh thats cool. I prefer hand gestures myself as it has more potential to be dynamic and fun.

Always ping me please.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 20:14:35 )
@saeyra: Sorry for the delay, I have 5 convos going on. xD. And thanks. I tend to prefer them over the wands in general.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.