Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 23:54:28 )
Henlooo

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 23:54:41 )
@totalanimefan: Hey

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 23:55:43 )

@Tink: Hey thanks for making a thread. ^^ Nice hangout. I hope others will join us.
My dinner needs another 5-10 mins in the oven I think.

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 23:57:27 )
@Totalanimefan: I figured you didn't have one so I thought I'd just make one because I do need event monies. xD

Whatcha making?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/28 23:59:21 )

@Tink: I need them too. I only have one set so far.

I'm doing that recipe that's tomato with feta in the middle and you roast them together. It's a viral recipe. I normally don't do those but I have seen soo many people say that it's good so I just had to check it out. In needs 5 more mins in the oven and then a few mins under the broiler.

What are you going to have for dinner?

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 00:04:03 )
@Totalanimefan: Ohh that sounds super yummy!
Idk I have some pork I should make, so I guess that and maybe potatoes?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 00:06:47 )

@Tink: That also sounds good. We had like nothing left in the fridge today so I got food from the store and I had the idea to make it. It's out of the oven right now, but I'm letting it cool a little bit because it is so hot it's all melty. It's 7pm for me so it's just about dinner time. :)

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 00:12:50 )
@Totalanimefan: Ohh that sounds good! Melty cheese and all!
It's only 5 for me. I'm hungry but I've been writing a roleplay response for someone on another site. I have like... 5 1x1 roleplays to reply to.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 00:25:44 )

@Tink: That's a lot of RPs!
It was very good. I would make that again. And we had bread with it. Instead I would do it the other viral way and make pasta and use that as the sauce.

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 00:34:15 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh, no that's the tip of the iceberg. The one site only has 5, but another site I'm on, I have like...15 there. I haven't replied to anyone in a while but the slower/easier site is better for my own mental health so I haven't been on the other one in a bit. Between college and stuff, it's a lot.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 00:36:26 )

@Tink: I’m not good at RP so the thought of doing that many seems impossible to me lol
What are you going to college for? Do you like it?

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 01:08:07 )
@Totalanimefan: I love to write so it's easy enough for me.

Meh, college is just college. I am going for social work and I'm not thrilled but my mother likes to remind me that i'm old and I just need to get a damn degree and a career already.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 01:37:22 )

@Tink: I'm not good at writing.
I got my degree late too. I went to college at the normal age but dropped out before I finished my BA. Social work can be heavy but it's really important stuff! My aunt was one before she retired.

Sorry for the wait. My husband, sister and I all decided to walk to a local ice cream shop. It was a nice walk.

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 01:52:43 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm 28, so I feel old and all.
Turns out my 7th grade english teacher is an associate dean and I ran into her which made me feel even older lol.

Sounds like fun!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 02:01:31 )

@Tink: I'm 32. So I felt the same I just wanted to get it over with.

That's funny that you happened to run into her. How long until you are done?

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 02:48:14 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, me too. I'm trying to just push through even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate the career in being a social worker. It's probably going to be dull and lame, and I'm not optimistic about any real change happening because of me.

Idk, im almost done with an associates, but I need a bachelor and a masters for social work.
But yeah, I was like... damn, that was more than 15 years ago.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 03:17:49 )

@Tink: Why do you want to do it if you don't think it's for you? You could do something like a business degree. That will get you pretty much any office job. You should try and study something that you like you might like as a job. I mean, it's still a job, but you don't have to hate it. I don't hate my current job and it's the first one I got after my degree. (It was business)

Congrats on almost being done with your AA!

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 03:54:58 )
@Totalanimefan: I basically got told I shouldn't change my major because I'll be a "professional student", if I do. My mom is very judgy.

@AlexiAkira: Well fine then. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 04:00:58 )

@Tink: I know I'm just a person on the internet. So I have no say.
But.....it's your life. You are the only one that has to live it. You should be able to have a say in your major. It's not like you want to change it to studying the elven people or something lol. There are other degrees that will get you a job that you might like better. What about talking to a counselor at the school for advice? They could help give you data that could convince your mom?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 04:16:42 )
@AlexiAkira: I outsmarted you?

@Totalanimefan: She got all pissy because I wanted to double major and is all "You'll run out of financial aid if you do that". I haven't had a chance to meet with an advisor.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.