Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 03:31:16 )
I've been in avatar websites since I was a young teen, now i'm 31. I've been to many so I know how to explore. Not sure if I'll stick around here, but someone I know kept mentioning this place... so I got curious.

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 04:16:16 )
@SnakeWeaver: Welcome! I'm glad they sparked your curiosity to join out little, but growing community! :vanora_smile:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 07:44:57 )
Thank you very much! Do you have any tips on where to start? I can be a bit shy and cautious when starting out on a new forum.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:07:09 )
@SnakeWeaver: Hey there. Welcome to Voltra. I would sat start anywhere that's not a private RP. lol
The site is new, and is small, but still growing. We are always looking for people to chat with everywhere on the site. I recommend buying some of the NPCs items before they each their own shops, which is on the 13th. There are from an event that just ended.

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:09:47 )
Wait, which store items are from an event?

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:12:28 )
@SnakeWeaver: Hi welcome to Voltra! I hope you stay here. :) Glad you checked this place out.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 11:46:48 )
@SnakeWeaver: The ones that look out of place for said shop....
um I don't know how to tell you which ones are which. There are two per shop. Check out the price guide in the exchange to see.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 12:47:20 )
I figured it out after reading previous announcements and looking a bit, but thank you for explaining total^^ If I hadn't thought to do that, I would have still been in the dark~

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 13:51:18 )
@SnakeWeaver: Hey there! Welcome to Voltra <3

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 04:33:52 )
hey there, welcome to voltra!
i hope you stick around!
we're a small but friendly community c:

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 04:57:29 )
@pixiebuns: I think I will be sticking around. I haven't been here long, but it reminds me of how solia and gaia both used to be... at very different times.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 05:26:33 )
Gaia was always a bit overwhelming for me, and I never really... liked the avatars because you couldn't do much without layering extensively. Here, I feel confident in my ability to make an avatar with few items which is a very satisfying feeling personally.

And welcome! I do hope you'll continue enjoying Voltra. :3

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 05:44:18 )
@Dowan: Gaia was an extremely different place at 2003 than it is now. It was a friendly and small website full of a few eager people.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 05:46:12 )
@SnakeWeaver: I forget when I actually joined Gaia because I wasn't interested and it was at the behest of someone else. XD

Pretty sure it was around 2006 though...

I can imagine how it was when it first opened, though. Probably no different from Voltra as it is now. Things tend to get a bit crazy as popularity rises and general life stuff happens. Specially when said life stuff happens to staff.

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 05:49:13 )
@Dowan: That's right, it wasn't much different than voltra is now. Even if the owner and mods of gaia try their best to listen to members, everything is so big and money driven... it's kinda crazy.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 05:53:33 )
@SnakeWeaver: Yup. It's insane what popularity and money does to a person, or a group as a whole. What I believe was really Gaia's downfall, though, in my very personal opinion... was whatever the hell happened to its economy, and their refusal to fix it.

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 06:02:17 )
@Dowan: I know what caused the economy busy of gaia, it was a few things. 1st, best and old website that never re released old items. 2nd, the introduction of using cash to buy the free gaian currency. 3rd nail in the economical coffin, they raised the price cash items in order to stop people from mass buying and mas selling cash items. They thought it would help things even out better, but it just raised prices more. The 4th and final nail? Random generated items. People can use hundreds of dollars on them and still not get the one item they wanted.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 07:04:50 )
Did I see the words “Gaiaonline”? *hides in turtleneck*

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 07:06:33 )
@GuttedBunny: Yes you did. Were you a member at one point?
Free Tiny Pride Flags

Donator — Easterbun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 07:07:31 )
Yesss I was and I regret it xD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.